WnSoft Forums

Disappearing Posts.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

This morning when I checked my email, there were two from PTE one advising me someone had replied to my Gangman Style thread, the other replying to another thread I had bookmarked. When I opened the link to my thread, there was no new reply, same on the other link. Both comments were posted by a name I didn't recognise. One obvious reason could be the poster changed his mind, the other being someone remove the posts for some unknown reason. This is not the first time I had seen this. However in view of my recent experience with one of my threads being moved without being informed, can I suggest that if the reason is the post or thread has been deemed to be dodgy, that the remover leaves a short message advising that it has been removed/moved so we aren't left wondering why.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-40742800-1355480965_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

HI Eric,

This may have been my fault. There were 2 spam messages off topic from users with only 1 posting that I set to disapprove status which makes it hidden. Then I submit a spam report to the administrator for further action. It never occurred to me to notify the person in the original post that the message had been marked as spam. I figure I did my part and it's up to Igor or someone else with administrator privileges to delete the user or approve the post. I guess what I am trying to say is that it was something I did to try to clean up the forum. I think when you don't keep on top of this stuff it can get out of control in a hurry. I can't guarantee that I will send a message to the original poster. I guess I could post a message to the thread.

Sorry,

Tom

Thanks Tom, that's good enough for me. B)/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

This morning when I checked my email, there were two from PTE one advising me someone had replied to my Gangman Style thread, the other replying to another thread I had bookmarked. When I opened the link to my thread, there was no new reply, same on the other link. Both comments were posted by a name I didn't recognise. One obvious reason could be the poster changed his mind, the other being someone remove the posts for some unknown reason. This is not the first time I had seen this. However in view of my recent experience with one of my threads being moved without being informed, can I suggest that if the reason is the post or thread has been deemed to be dodgy, that the remover leaves a short message advising that it has been removed/moved so we aren't left wondering why.

Yachtsman1.

==================

I am pretty sure that I saw the same email from this person, too. I can read emails on my server before I download them and it was definitely spam. So I just dumped it at my server. Tom must have dealt with it pretty quickly.

Gary

I also simply delete the spam posts, ban the user from any further posting and notify Igor of the userid that needs to be deleted. I do not notify anyone else of my actions as I have done all that is necessary to eradicate that particular spam item and to prevent any more spam from that user.

regards,

Peter