WnSoft Forums

Make smaller presentation (SOLVED)

Apparently I 'cannot start a new topic' in the frequently asked questions and How To section so I'll post it here.

I am trying to create a smaller presentation (to post on the forum) without altering my original larger one. Have copied the original photos to a new folder and reduced them in size, saved the original presentation with another name, opened it then tried to replace the photos with the smaller ones. When I do this I lose all my original zooms/pans etc. Is there any way of substituting the photos while still keeping all the original settings? - or am I thicker than I think !! The layout of this forum is enough to confuse me!

Thanks, Derek

Derek,

The reason you cannot post directly into the Frequently Asked Questions section and its sub-folders, is that all the original topic posts in that section were created in manner that ensured their contants were accurate and complete (at the time of posting).

regards,

Peter

To change main images on slides you should use the Change Image File button. If you do not see one on your Toolbars, go into Settings > Preferences > Toolbars, find it and tick the check box.

To change the image associated with a secondary object on a slide, go into the Objects and Animation window, select the Properties tab, browse to the replacement image file and select it.

These two techniques change only the relevant image file, all the Animation programming and the Transition programming remain as they were.

regards,

Peter

I am trying to create a smaller presentation (to post on the forum) without altering my original larger one. Have copied the original photos to a new folder and reduced them in size, saved the original presentation with another name, opened it then tried to replace the photos with the smaller ones. When I do this I lose all my original zooms/pans etc. Is there any way of substituting the photos while still keeping all the original settings? - or am I thicker than I think !! The layout of this forum is enough to confuse me!

Thanks, Derek

================================

Derek,

If I understand your question, I think I recently went through a similar bit of confusion. I wanted to make a replica of the same show, but with higher resolution images. Somehow, the first attempt did not work. But I found a few steps that works for me.

You can read my postings here:

http://www.picturest...-old-shows-pte/

I was doing the opposite from your situation, so just reverse using the High Res and the Low Res images.

But here are the steps I used:

-Make a New Folder

-Create a 'Backup In Zip' file (File/Create Backup In Zip) and save it to the New Folder.

-Extract the zipped files into the New Folder and do a 'Save As' to the New Folder (the File List should show the Low Res images-High Res in your case). The PTE show will run as it did in the previous location.

-Copy/Paste the High Res image (Low Res in your case) so they overwrite the Low Res images (High Res in your case) in the New Folder.

Dave made the suggestion to Create a Template (Files/Templates/Create Template From This Show). This will work, too, but I prefer my steps. I look at the Template process for creating basic defaults that I would want to use for new projects.

Gary

To change main images on slides you should use the Change Image File button. If you do not see one on your Toolbars, go into Settings > Preferences > Toolbars, find it and tick the check box.

To change the image associated with a secondary object on a slide, go into the Objects and Animation window, select the Properties tab, browse to the replacement image file and select it.

These two techniques change only the relevant image file, all the Animation programming and the Transition programming remain as they were.

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter, I understand the process now. Easy when you know what you are doing.

Derek

================================

Derek,

If I understand your question, I think I recently went through a similar bit of confusion. I wanted to make a replica of the same show, but with higher resolution images. Somehow, the first attempt did not work. But I found a few steps that works for me.

You can read my postings here:

http://www.picturest...-old-shows-pte/

I was doing the opposite from your situation, so just reverse using the High Res and the Low Res images.

But here are the steps I used:

-Make a New Folder

-Create a 'Backup In Zip' file (File/Create Backup In Zip) and save it to the New Folder.

-Extract the zipped files into the New Folder and do a 'Save As' to the New Folder (the File List should show the Low Res images-High Res in your case). The PTE show will run as it did in the previous location.

-Copy/Paste the High Res image (Low Res in your case) so they overwrite the Low Res images (High Res in your case) in the New Folder.

Dave made the suggestion to Create a Template (Files/Templates/Create Template From This Show). This will work, too, but I prefer my steps. I look at the Template process for creating basic defaults that I would want to use for new projects.

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. Must tidy up my photos and folders, they are all over the place. Putting all the selected photos in one folder and naming it appropriately helps! Have followed your instructions and it works well. Will post a more local presentation today.

Cheers, Derek