WnSoft Forums

P to E v 7.5

3rd Image

Igor

I have been a user of P2E since 2006 and have found it to be ideal for my use. Previously a twin projector user with slides and sound track pulsed for slide changes. I have seen steady improvements up to v 7.0.4 which I now use. I have tried v7.5 but have found it to be cumbersome with many of the useful features of previous versions hard to find. I do not find it as intuitive as previous versions. I'm sure there are many new and improved features in it which would be useful but fiknd it difficult to get at. My main issue however is with the slide thumbnails visable along with the time line and the large space at the bottom of the screen for waveforms. This reduces the effective screen area for all other features. I do not see the point of the thumbs present on the timelime. In many cases they cant be seen anyway as some transitions are extreamly short. I use third party sound editing software and have little use for multiple tracks. Could some thought be given to an option where only the sound tracks as appear in v7 are available, and a option included to remove the thumbs from the timeline. I'm sure the other improvements will be very welcome.

On another topic, I would like to be able to burn DVDs with the plugin software - but for v7. When I go to download this, all that appears to be available is an upgrade to 7.5 along with the plugin - or am I reading this wrong.

Ross

Robertg

I understand the point about the 2 year life of video builder. The point is, I am trying to get a version of video builder to run on v7.0.4 of P2E without upgrading to v7.5.

Can you help in this regard

Ross

If you purchase the deluxe serial number it will allow you to install v7.xx.

You do not have to use v7.5.

However it would be advisable to install v7.0.7.

Video builder is built into all versions - the serial number simply "unlocks" it. There is no plug in. It is already there.

DG

Why do you say v7.0.7 would be advisable?

How do I get it and how do I buy the key?

If I may, I would say that v 7.0.7 is advisable because it is the latest stable version before the brand new v 7.5 (different bugs and problems have been solved between 7.0.4 and 7.0.7)

You can find it here: http://www.wnsoft.com/archives/ (under "Previous versions" - PTE 7.0 being v 7.0.7)

Since you are already a licenced PTE user, you don't need a key for a full version, your current key will be recognized. You'll need only an upgrade of Videobuilder (to renew the 2 years licence), see the last part of this page: http://www.wnsoft.co...turestoexe/buy/ or further info on this page: http://www.wnsoft.co...xe/buy/upgrade/

Thank you Gerard.

I have downloaded 7.07. Will the upgrade as described on your last link be available for use with 7.07? Is there anything else I have to do after downloading it to make it available for 7.07? My confusion is because the upgrade is described as 7.5 Delux

Ross

Ross,

The upgrade that Gérard gave you the link for is the upgrade of PicturesToExe to PictuersToExe Deluxe version 7.5.

The VideoBuilder program is not and never has been purchaseable as a separate entity. It is a separate program that is included within the downloaded installation file for PicturesToExe. Ever since VideoBuilder was developed, PicturesToExe Standard included the VideoBuilder code but did not activate it. PicturesToExe Deluxe included the Videobuilder code and also activated it using a second registry key. If you had PicturesToExe Deluxe v6.0 you also had VideoBuilder v6.0. You say that you had/have v7.0.7 of PicturesToExe so you would also have v7.0.7 of VideoBuilder. From version 7.0 of PicturesToExe onwards there has been just the one product: PicturesToExe Deluxe. New purchasers of the product receive a single "key" that unlocks the entire product. That key takes the form of a typical software "serial number" i.e.4-6 groups of 4-6 characters each.

regards,

Peter

I have downloaded 7.07. Will the upgrade as described on your last link be available for use with 7.07? Is there anything else I have to do after downloading it to make it available for 7.07? My confusion is because the upgrade is described as 7.5 Delux

Is it not also true that a VideoBuilder Key bought today will be retrospective in terms of Versions?

i.e. it would be applicable to all versions prior to 7.5.

It will also "unlock" VideoBuilder for Versions 7.x, 6.x etc

DG

Yes, Dave, that's correct !

I've just made a .mp4 test file using an old PTE version 6.5.8.

I think that this is an answer to Ross' question above.