WnSoft Forums

'Video Player' Nav Bar needs 'Esc' icon

goddi

Greetings,

I have suggested in the past that the Video Player Nav Bar needs an 'Esc' icon. If you give a PTE show in the 'exe' format to someone not familar with PTE, the person might not know to use the 'Esc' key to stop or interrupt the playing of the show.

But today, I went to a computer store to test some PTE shows on the Windows Surface Pro. After a show played for a show while, I wanted to stop the show and try another one. After 4 salesmen tried to close the show using the touch features, we figured the only way was to attach the keyboard to get to the Esc key.

So it looks like it would be a good thing to add an Esc icon to the Video Player Nav Bar to make it easier to close a PTE show on a touch machine, too.

Gary

When using the Air style or the Sky style, you can have an exit button (if want to have it). When using the Video player style you can click on the end of the timeline of the navigation bar, in order to place the cursor to its end position.

Regards,

Xaver

When using the Air style or the Sky style, you can have an exit button (if want to have it). When using the Video player style you can click on the end of the timeline of the navigation bar, in order to place the cursor to its end position.

Regards,

Xaver

==============================

Greetings Xaver,

Yes, but it does not exit the show. You need to hit the ESC to clear the screen when using the Video Player style, even if the cursor is at the end position.

Gary

Use the show setting: "Close show after last slide"

Regards,

Xaver

=============================

Xaver,

I have my shows set to 'Close show after last slide', but the point is to be able to close the show at any point. Why not have an ESC icon anyway, as the other styles have??? And I don't think the show closed at the end of the last slide when viewed on the Windows Surface Pro. I'd have to go back to the store to check but we had a heck of a time trying to close the slideshow using the Touch methods. Only the ESC on the keyboard that they finally attached worked.

Gary

Gary,

Ever since version PTE 4.12 (long time ago) the Exit-Button could always be placed on the lower 'Nav-bar' provided the 'Nav-Bar' was

set-up in the 1st place. The same applies to the latest version PTE.7xxx in its EXE-Format.

But you are using a Video-Format not an Exe and it seems that the 'Nav-Bar' can be made available in that Format but consider this:-

If the 'Nav-Bar' was set to 'Auto-Hide' then the Exit-Button would also be hidden.........is this a possibility as to what's happening ??

See attached Image.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-0-75027200-1360964410_thumb.gi

Gary,

Ever since version PTE 4.12 (long time ago) the Exit-Button could always be placed on the lower 'Nav-bar' provided the 'Nav-Bar' was

set-up in the 1st place. The same applies to the latest version PTE.7xxx in its EXE-Format.

But you are using a Video-Format not an Exe and it seems that the 'Nav-Bar' can be made available in that Format but consider this:-

If the 'Nav-Bar' was set to 'Auto-Hide' then the Exit-Button would also be hidden.........is this a possibility as to what's happening ??

See attached Image.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-0-75027200-1360964410_thumb.gi

===========================================

Brian,

When you refer to the 'Video-Format', I am talking about the the Nav Bar choice that is called the 'Video Player' format, which is used when playing the EXE. There is no 'Exit' icon in the Video Player format as there is in the Sky format or the Air format of the Nav Bar formats. I have attached a screen shot to clarify what I am talking about.

Thanks...

Gary

post-1794-0-78924700-1360966004_thumb.jp

Here "Video Player" only denotes a (rather new) style for the normal navigation bar. Presently it does not have an exit button.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver & Gary,

Understood ~ so it has some attributes but not the Exit-Button ~ it's difficult to understand why not !! ~ but on reflection on

other (down-loadable) Video-productions these don't have an Exit-Button either just:- Pause,Play,Back,Forward and most

depend on the Keyboard Esc-Button.....I wonder why ?

Many thanks Guys,,

Brian (Conflow).