WnSoft Forums

Dave Gee 9

davegee

Another, more refined, "bookish" transition.

The transition can be used to produce the same effect as in the EXE Demo.

Dave Gee 9

DG

========================

Dave,

I am just starting to try out these transitions. But I think I am missing something to make them work correctly.

I copied your 'bookish' transition into a PTE show. I loaded it into the show and it is the only transition selected. When I play the show, a black frame will show up as the page is turned, but, right after the page is turned the black frame immediately disappears. Then the black frame shows up just before turning the page, but it dissappears immediately, again, on that page, and this sequence happens on all the pages for the show

Is there something that I need to do to have it work as your example does so well???

Thanks...

Gary

ADDED LATER: I was tinkering with the transition and discovered if I make the Slide Duration equal to the Transition, then the black frame does not 'dissappear'. However, I can not get the image to stay on the screen after the page has been turned. If I set the Slide Duration to 10 seconds and the Transition to 10 seconds, I get a nice slow turn of the page. But immediately after the page has been turned, it jumps to turn the next page without any time spent on viewing the image in between the turning of the pages. Can you tell me what I am not doing correctly??? Your example turns the page, but also allows for a few seconds to view the image.

Thanks.... Gary

Hi Gary,

If you look at the demo you will see a frame around the image?

The Transition does not have this frame - you have to add your frame to your slide and also to the transition.

The frame has to be ACCURATE.

For 1920x1080 the frame is 1920x1080 outside - 1728x888 inside (in my case with a 3 pixel stroke line).

If you place a 1728x888 image in your slide without a frame (Black BG) at 100% size and use the transition as is you will see it correctly (without the frame).

I am trying to concentrate on Transitions and not Templates. The rest is up to the user smile.gif/>

DG

OK, I give in.

Here is a working Template for you to Dissect.

BertTemplate.zip

DG

====================================

Dave,

Thanks for the Template. By looking at it, I figured out what I was having problems with. It was my assumption that I could use the customized transition as a global transition that could be inserted using Project Options and it would be applied to all the images (as you would normally choose Dissolve, etc.). I see that the Custom Transition has to be applied to each image individually and even the transition time has to be applied to each image usings that image's 'Customize Slide' settings. I got it to work. But, to keep it simple, I did not use your Frame. I just put the Zoom to 80% and just kept the black borders. Now the pages turn and the images stay on for the set amount of time.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

P.S. I still can not figure out how to get to my 'Messenger' menu in the PTE Forum. The only way for me to get into it to delete any messages is to click on one of your PMs and it takes me there. Can you tell me how I can get to it directly???

Gary

(I got your PM on how to do this...Thanks...)

P.P.S. I just put in your BertBook custome transition and it work just fine. Super!!!!

Thanks...

It does not seem very smart to talk about PM (personal messages) on this post.

seems that do not want that we learn how to use PictureToExe.

<...>

================================

Spock,

The PM I was referring to had to do with the fact that I could not figure out where to go to get to the Messenger link in this Forum. See the attached for what I learned. In the upper right hand corner of the page, there are a couple little white triangles. One of them opens a window that give a link to the Messenger. I did not know this and that was what was pointed out to me. See the attached. Sometimes PMs are used so as not to post conversations that might not relate to the actual subject of the original post. In this case the original subject was Custom Transitions, not my problem of finding the Messenger link. But I am happy to share what it was all about. No problem here.

Gary

post-1794-0-99774400-1361565857_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Gary

If you have your notifications set that way, you should receive an email when you get a PM. See the attached screen shot.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.

PS. Because of recent events, I have hidden my settings.

post-5560-0-83545000-1361571482_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-20303000-1361572065_thumb.jp

Gary

If you have your notifications set that way, you should receive an email when you get a PM. See the attached screen shot.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.

PS. Because of recent events, I have hidden my settings.

==========================

Eric,

Yes, I do get an email when a PM is sent to me. The problem was that my Messenger mailbox was full and I did not know how to get into my Messenger directly from my account to be able to delete messages in my Messenger. I could see my Messenger icon if I clicked on the link to read the PM that I got in my email. However, I did not know that the little white triangle in the upper right hand location of the Forum page would do that. Learn something every day!

Gary