WnSoft Forums

Introduction to slideshow

Ian Smith

I have finished a slide show which I will be entering into a competition. The rules state that there should be an introduction. I just want to insert a slide at the beginning, but do not want to change the settings or timing of the main show. It will just be there for say 10 seconds with no music and then the main show will start. Is there a way of doing this?

As well as Dave's suggestion, there is another way, but it's a little bit more involved to create than the one above. In the project options > Advanced tab you can Customize a window. You can choose to show a startup window and then how elaborate that window is depends on how much time you want to spend on it. It does have a ready made template so it's not a really long job to create a basic start-up screen and it looks good..

The advantage is that it does not effect the slide show at all.

I do have a short tut that uses it so you can see how it sits in front of your slide show and you can add any introduction you want. Personally I like this option and use it a fair bit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kn10ye062xgq2ds

Appreciate your help, but don't understand really. BBDigital I downloaded the files you have sent, but they make little sense I'm sorry. I got the impression there was a template you were sending, but it no where that I can see in the Zip Files and I have opened them all.

DaveGee your idea needs a bit more elaboration. I think I can see what it is your are meaning, but a little bit more detail might hopefully help me to make this work.

You both seem to understand what I am trying to achieve which is great

Do you have just one audio track or more?

If just one it is simple - there is a parameter called OFFSET - make that the same duration as the inserted new slide number one?

If more than one track highlight each in turn in Project Options / Audio / Customize and apply the same offset to all.

DG