WnSoft Forums

'Click To Attach Files' is not working???

goddi

Greetings,

I have tried in two separate postings to 'Click To Attach Files' but it does not seem to be working. I can not attach any files. Is this a problem with the forum or is it just me??? The icon is not active.

Thanks... Gary

USE FULL EDITOR

ken

===========================

Ken,

I just figured out what is going on. I have an earlier version of Adobe Flash. I have not upgraded to the latest version because it will not work well with Firefox. This has been going on for some time. Lately, however, with this older version of Flash (10.xx), a window will pop up to active the old version, and tell me there is a newer version. I just active the old version and normally everything works well. I did not see this pop-up window when I was trying to enter my post in PTE. I just tried it again and I just saw it pop-up very quickly and disappear. I finally caught it and activated the old version of Flash and now I can attach files to my postings. I did not know that there was a relationship in attaching files and Flash.

Gary

ADDED LATER: No, I thought it was solved but it is not. I was able to get the Attach icon to work once. But now it will not appear at all. If I go into Full Editor, the posting window is blank. There seems to be something that this Forum does not work now with the older version of Flash. Is this possible? I still can not get it to work. Sometimes the Flash window will pop-up to let me active it but not always. And even it it gets activated, there still seems to be a problem with this Forum and the older version of Flash. Any ideas?

ADDED LATER: Hmmmmmm.... I just tried attaching files using Chrome and I had no problem. Must be a Firefox/Adobe Flash (old version) issue....(?)

USE FULL EDITOR

ken

==========================

Ken and Igor...

I just got a reply from the IPS Staff concerning my problem with not being able to attach files to the PTE Forum using an earlier version of Flash:

"Hello, 3.1.4 version is end of life and unsupported, I would suggest contacting the site's administrators and having them upgrade the site to a supported version."

It looks like the current version of IP.Board is 3.4.4. I don't know if updating this Forum's version 3.1.4 is possible or if it will solve this problem, but I'd appreciate it if you could look into it.

Thanks,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...