WnSoft Forums

Windows 8 and Black Screen [SOLVED]

Leo Palmer

The plot thickens!

Pic2Exe is installed and I am registered (with help from Igor). I declared the problem solved because the trial message had been removed and everything appeared to work. The fact that the background to the Pic2Exe "home page" was BLACK did not seem a problem. However when I try to build a project I find that the buttons such as Project Options, Customize Slide, Objects and Animation are a solid black and their titles cannot be seen. In Project Options the list of Main, Audio etc. down the LHS shows yellow titles on a grey background and is very difficult to read.

That said if I remember what the various buttons are Pic2Exe appears to work.

Can you hello please.

Thanks

Leo

I don't remember seeing anything of this nature mentioned before?

Raise another support ticket in case of it not being something simple which someone else can help with?

Someone is bound to mention updating your Graphics Drivers.

Do you have another PC that you can try it on to prove that it is the W8 PC and not something else?

DG

I don't remember seeing anything of this nature mentioned before?

Raise another support ticket in case of it not being something simple which someone else can help with?

Someone is bound to mention updating your Graphics Drivers.

Do you have another PC that you can try it on to prove that it is the W8 PC and not something else?

DG

Hello DG,

Thanks for responding.

The laptop is a brand new HP. Everything works fine on my desktop. Windows 8 appears to be the culprit.

Leo

Dave,

I downloaded "Classic Shell" software to restore my Windows desktop and Start Menu to something like normal. In the process, and I know not how it occurred, my appearance theme changed to High Contrast#1. This introduced the black background onto MS Word etc. Emails and the web pages ( I think it did it to web pages) and of course Pic2Exe.

Right clicking on the windows desktop, then Personalize and setting appearance to Windows Classic theme restored things to normal.

Thanks for your help

Leo