WnSoft Forums

Pairs of transitions for playing forward and backward

Sometimes I need my show to play backward when I press PageUp and I want the transition effect to change respectively. Say, I'm simulating a real book and choose "Curling of page" from right to left. But when I turn pages backward I need them to curl from left to right. Another example - I'm simulating a film-strip and choose effect "Push" from bottom to top. But if I decide to look at the previous frame again I want effect to push from top to bottom.

I foresee a problem with this for a PC EXE file. When you step back through a sequence you are doing exactly that "stepping" back. You are not playing something in reverse. As far as I know, only analogue media can be played backwards. If there is a solution to this I'll be interested in it, too.

regards,

Peter

Stepping or playing - if we talk about a sequence of frames, I see no difference.

By the way, digital video is a sequence of frames, just as digital audio is a sequence of samples, and they can be played in reverse as well with the help of special software. But our case is somewhat different.

" By the way, digital video is a sequence of frames, ... and they can be played in reverse "

Yes, so you can make a mp4 file (= video file), and use it as you want. But I believe it's not possible with a exe file, where the pictures are calculated at each time with certain kinds of orders.

I am not familiar to PTE enough to estimate davegee's idea, but if "two shows in one" means that we must keep two copies of every picture - it's not the proper way.

Not at all!!

It uses the same pictures twice.

If it is REALLY important to you that you work this way (Manual Show - Forwards and Backwards) then it CAN be done, but it takes just a little more effort.

It is not something that PTE was designed for but Igor might consider it worth persuing.

In the meantime please give my suggestion a try - it is not difficult - it just takes a little longer to construct.

DG

Pinguin,

Please try this short 8 slide Example. Click in the BOTTOM RIGHT Corner to go Forward One Slide and in the BOTTOM LEFT Corner to go Backwards One Slide.

When going forward the "Curling Page - Folding" is used.

When going Backwards the "Curling Page - Unfolding" is used.

The two images used are low quality and repeated to keep the file size down.

If you agree that this is what you want and that it is Bug Free I will post a Template for you.

Example.zip

DG

davegee, thank you, you're very kind. The landscape reminds me of the Northern Wales I've been long ago.

Yes, the principle is correct. I'm just affraid that clicking on the specific zones on the screen is not as comfortable as pushing keys.

Anyway I would appreciate if you show me the source code.