WnSoft Forums

A new section for "Audio"

PGA

We already have a forum section "Video" where all matters relating to video files can be discussed. Perhaps there should also be a separate section "Audio" where all matters relating to audio files can be discussed? If, as I understand it, the next version of PTE is going to provide significant changes to the way in which the user interacts with their audio files, now might be the right time to introduce this new section.

regards,

Peter

IMHO

I agree with Peter, but it will be very difficult to police

when a subject is brought up and we feel it is in the wrong place, it has to be moved asap before people start adding other items to the thread that should be elsewhere

if it is audio related it does not matter what version it is

ken

IMO it could confuse matters to those of us using earlier versions. :blink:/>/>/>

Yachtsman1.

Why on earth should it?

If it is a separate section then you don't have to read it.

And it really is in your own interest to keep up to date with the latest version.

Otherwise you will have an enormous learning curve when you update to version 8.

Peter,

I think a separate section would be a good idea.

Audio is a complete subject on it's own & keeping questions separate would be better.

Jill

Guest Yachtsman1

"And it really is in your own interest to keep up to date with the latest version.

Otherwise you will have an enormous learning curve when you update to version 8."

I should live so long??? :blink:/> :blink:/> :blink:/>

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I see we have another instance of posts being removed without reasons being given, this is akin to censorship of the worst kind, what's happened to democracy!!!! :angry:/>/>

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

The posts were removed because they were going off-topic. I posted a reference in response to a comment by Jill to a popular blog - Cabeza de Coco and you apparently took that as an insult and posted a response addressed to me. David then posted a message saying "live and let live" in French.

It's really quite simple - we need to remain on topic and not get sidetracked .... Sorry if you misunderstood, but you should really ask before making unwarranted assumptions.

By the way - a forum isn't a government. If it were, it would be much more akin to a benevolent dictatorship than to a democracy. The benevolent dictator is the forum owner. The forum rules are written for all to follow and the purpose for removing off-topic posts it exactly to prevent what you are doing below:

Best regards,

Lin

I see we have another instance of posts being removed without reasons being given, this is akin to censorship of the worst kind, what's happened to democracy!!!! mad.gif/>/>

Yachtsman1.

here is an example of what moderators are faced -- the title was

Lightroom Tutorials PDF file format

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15891-lightroom-tutorials/page__view__findpost__p__105257

a lot of discussion but the thread got out of hand -- when i said so , all i got was the usual whine that i was being too severe

more links were provided

the thread continued but very few entiries pertaining to the title

Lightroom Tutorials PDF file format -- "tutorials"

Peter was going to stop things but did not

Peter packed it in shortly after as a moderator

ken

OK,

Staying on-topic.

I totally agree with Peter's suggestion.

Now,

Will a Mod please tell me how best to deal with someone who (hypothetically) would answer a query regarding Version 8 Audio with a comment about how he or she never uses it and is going to stick with Version 7.0.7 forever? Would that post be deemed to be on-topic or off-topic?

My comment about "Live and Let Live" was intended to get the thread back on track, but boy, it's difficult I know!!

Maybe a previous suggestion of mine which still (I feel) has relevance and would be appropriate:

Have sub-forums for V7, V7.5 and V8 Audio?

I fear that the V7 Audio Sub-Forum would be a lonely place but who knows - it might also give us an idea of where everyone is at?

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

The posts were removed because they were going off-topic. I posted a reference in response to a comment by Jill to a popular blog - Cabeza de Coco and you apparently took that as an insult and posted a response addressed to me. David then posted a message saying "live and let live" in French.

It's really quite simple - we need to remain on topic and not get sidetracked .... Sorry if you misunderstood, but you should really ask before making unwarranted assumptions.

By the way - a forum isn't a government. If it were, it would be much more akin to a benevolent dictatorship than to a democracy. The benevolent dictator is the forum owner. The forum rules are written for all to follow and the purpose for removing off-topic posts it exactly to prevent what you are doing below:

Best regards,

Lin

Waffle Waffle Waffle, you can fool some of the people etc. If this goes on much longer I can well see that I will cease to be a forum contributor, which is probably what you would prefer.

Yachtsman1 PS

you are still breaking the so called forum rules by removing posts without advising the poster why.

Dave

as long as it is audio - i don't feel it matters what version it is

there are bound to be " it worked this way in ver x.xx" statements --they come up in the PTE program area and Igor tries to answer why it cannot be in the present version

really the object of separate areas is to make it easier to find answers both for newbies and oldies alike

ken

Eric,

You have been told why the posts were removed. There is no "Waffle." You are creating a tempest in a teacup. No one is picking on you. Your post, David's post and my post were all removed to facilitate staying on topic, and you are "still" arguing about it. You began the off-topic discussing earlier versions by commenting that you feared it would "confuse" those using earlier versions and followed this by the off-topic comment about your reluctance to use version 8.

No one really cares which version you use, but the new audio features in version 8.0 are the implicit reason Peter made the post and asked for feedback. Rather than post your complaints about moderation in the active forum, if you just take them to the off-topic forum then they will be addressed there as needed and those who simply want to discuss whether or not a separate subject for audio is desired will not be sidetracked,

Lin

Peter,

Interesting idea. Thanks.

To all:

1. With the new "Audio" section where we will discuss the following questions which are related with audio and closely linked with PTE. For example, use of the timeline in PTE, work with audio keypoints on the timeline, etc.

2. Do I understand righty that all topics related with the timeline will be moved to the Audio section?

P.S. By the way, I suggest to start a poll next time which will help to see opinions of many users.

Igor asks

2. Do I understand rightly that all topics related with the timeline will be moved to the Audio section?"

my feelings are

ALL NEW AUDIO questions will go to the new section -- old questions should stay where they are as some people may have built up a collection of links to audio related threads

Also - when a question is asked, the originator must say what version they are referring to

ken

my feelings are

ALL NEW AUDIO questions will go to the new section -- old questions should stay where they are as some people may have built up a collection of links to audio related threads

Also - when a question is asked, the originator must say what version they are referring to

Same feeling here ! ;-)