WnSoft Forums

Unable to Review [SOLVED]

Leo Palmer

Hello,

I'm using Pic2Exe 7-5-10 and have been doing so successfully since it was released. In fact it was working fine yesterday.

I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware programme. Both have been working fine together for months.

Today when I clicked on the Preview button in Pic2Exe the Malware programme cut in and said it had prevented a Trojan and had vaulted it.

When I clicked again on Preview the RHS pane on the main PIc2Exe page flashed on and off and did not start the show.

I switched off & rebooted. Cleared the Virus Vault, reinstalled Pic2Exe. Again I got the Malware warning and Preview did not run the show.

When I right click on a slide and try to play from the slide the same thing happens....a quick flash of the preview pane then nothing.

I can still publish a show.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Leo

Why has this been moved?

Thas topic had been posted to the forum section with the name "Forum". There, general questions on the forum itself can be discussed, e.g. introduction of a new moderator, are the present forum rules helpful or not etc. This topic here refers to the PTE program itself. Therefore I moved it to the sub-forum "PicturesToExe", the place where it is located now. This is a very normal procedure.

Where has it been moved to?

This is obvious the see, the forum section "PicturesToExe"

Regards,

Xaver

Hello,

I'm using Pic2Exe 7-5-10 and have been doing so successfully since it was released. In fact it was working fine yesterday.

I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware programme. Both have been working fine together for months.

Today when I clicked on the Preview button in Pic2Exe the Malware programme cut in and said it had prevented a Trojan and had vaulted it.

When I clicked again on Preview the RHS pane on the main PIc2Exe page flashed on and off and did not start the show.

I switched off & rebooted. Cleared the Virus Vault, reinstalled Pic2Exe. Again I got the Malware warning and Preview did not run the show.

When I right click on a slide and try to play from the slide the same thing happens....a quick flash of the preview pane then nothing.

I can still publish a show.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Leo

Yes, that is right.

Reinstall Pictures to exe.

Malwarebytes have in quarantine:

Viewer5.exe and PCExecutable.dat

Take off those files from quarantine

(Igor, see your e-mail)

Morasoft

Thas topic had been posted to the forum section with the name "Forum". There, general questions on the forum itself can be discussed, e.g. introduction of a new moderator, are the present forum rules helpful or not etc. This topic here refers to the PTE program itself. Therefore I moved it to the sub-forum "PicturesToExe", the place where it is located now. This is a very normal procedure.

This is obvious the see, the forum section "PicturesToExe"

Regards,

Xaver

It's correct what is said "you learn something new every day"........I had no idea there was a specific forum for Pix2Exe.

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Leo

I informed Malwarebytes company about false positive in their antivirus. This problem will be solved soon:

Hi,

This is a false positive indeed and will be fixed in next database update.

Thanks for reporting!

Mieke Verburgh

Director of Research

Strange! I have had malwarebytes on several computers for a while and never had problems with running any pte exe files of any kind.I also use ccleaner.

The problem was caused by an upgrade of version on Malwarebytes. This change caused Malwarebytes to see Pic2Exe as a potential threat or "false positive". There really was no threat at all. When advised, by Igor, Malwarebytes corrected their problem with a subsequent upgrade........the issue then vanished and everything is now working fine.

The problem was caused by an upgrade of version on Malwarebytes. This change caused Malwarebytes to see Pic2Exe as a potential threat or "false positive". There really was no threat at all. When advised, by Igor, Malwarebytes corrected their problem with a subsequent upgrade........the issue then vanished and everything is now working fine.

========================

Leo,

I, too, use Malwarebytes. A couple days ago, I experienced the same thing. Then I remembered your posting. And I updated my Malwarebytes and the problem disappeared. At first, I thought, here we go again...virus. But it is good to see it cleared up. But I have a question about your Malwarebytes. I put Malwarebytes on my desktop PC a long time ago and it was free. Now, I just put it on my new laptop and it is the same build version, but it say "Trial" as the top of its opening window. I thought I saw on this "Trial" version that it was good for 30 days, but now I don't see that indication. Does yours say "Trial" and will it function after this "Trial" period???

Gary

Garry,

I started using Malwarebytes as a trail. When the trial period was over, 30 days I think, it stopped working so I purchased the version I now use.

I think it cost about £24.

Leo

=================================

Leo,

I figured that. I like it so I will probably purchase it too when the time comes. Times have changed. I notice now that many of the formerly 'free' programs that I have been using are now for purchase. Getting a new laptop and trying to install the same programs are now popping up with prices. And some don't work with Win8 so you have to buy their newer versions. Great marketing concept. Get us hooked on the freebee...then $$$$. :D/> No problems though.

Gary

Microsoft Security Essentials is still free. rolleyes.gif

Yachtsman1

============================

Sure, but it does not catch the stuff that Malwarebytes catches. You need several different programs. You can't rely on just one. I have MSE, too. Try Malwarebytes just for the fun of it. Easy to install; easy to dump.

Gary