WnSoft Forums

How to zoom in on timeline?

mountain man

Guest Yachtsman1

Ctrl + F11 and Ctrl + F12

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver

Are you say the facility to drag the timeline or use the scroll wheel on the mouse to stretch or compress is no longer there?

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I don't know of a "drag" technique for the timeline but Ctrl+MouseWheel does the same job as Ctrl+F11/Ctrl+F12 and doesn't require the hand to leave the mouse to operate the keyboard.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, I sure you do know the drag tecnique MTOWTSAC!!! See screen shots

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. For the purpose of clarity screen shots use 7.07.

post-5560-0-62307400-1381652524_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-19324100-1381652541_thumb.jp

... Are you say the facility to drag the timeline or use the scroll wheel on the mouse to stretch or compress is no longer there ...

Please take my post as it is, and do not interpret additional information into it.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Peter, I sure you do know the drag tecnique MTOWTSAC!!!

Eric,

Sorry but I don't understand your alphabet soup. I interpreted the original post "spread farther apart" to mean along the horizontal axis, i.e. to see the timeline at a finer granularity. Hence my statement about not knowing of a "drag" technique to extend or collapse the timeline along the horizontal axis. If such a technique exists, I do not know it.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

Sorry but I don't understand your alphabet soup. I interpreted the original post "spread farther apart" to mean along the horizontal axis, i.e. to see the timeline at a finer granularity. Hence my statement about not knowing of a "drag" technique to extend or collapse the timeline along the horizontal axis. If such a technique exists, I do not know it.

regards,

Peter

More than one way to skin a cat ;)/> ;)/> ;)/> ;)/> Don't think cats like soup???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Guys,

Actually, Xaver answered the question precisely and in a way which would not confuse anyone.

The question was plainly how to "spread" the increments to be able to more precisely position audio on the timeline. Not every user has the same type of pointing device. Some use tablets, some use the mouse, but not every mouse has a scroll wheel.

I'm uncertain why the answer should need further elaboration.

Best regards,

Lin

Xaver

Are you say the facility to drag the timeline or use the scroll wheel on the mouse to stretch or compress is no longer there?

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Guys,

Actually, Xaver answered the question precisely and in a way which would not confuse anyone.

The question was plainly how to "spread" the increments to be able to more precisely position audio on the timeline. Not every user has the same type of pointing device. Some use tablets, some use the mouse, but not every mouse has a scroll wheel.

I'm uncertain why the answer should need further elaboration.

Best regards,

Lin

The word used in the original post was "ZOOM". I would repeat there is more than one way to skin a cat. Pointing people down a singular road does not foster free expression. ;)/>

Yachtsman1.

The word used in the original post was "ZOOM". I would repeat there is more than one way to skin a cat. Pointing people down a singular road does not foster free expression. wink.gif/>

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

It seems to be pretty plain what the OP was asking:

....." that is, to make it spread farther apart or come closer together."

IMHO the topic gets off-track when too much "free expression" is used. Hopefully, he will understand how to do what he asked about through all the "smoke" which has accompanied the original topic...

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Remembering hotkey or dual keypress configurations has always been one of my failings, I missed algebra at school but I don't think it did me any harm, I'm a firm believer of the Kis principle. ;)/>/>

Eric

yachtsman1.

Hi. I'm the guy who asked the original question.

Now I know how to stretch or contract the timeline on the horizontal.

But is there also a way to zoom in or out on the timeline -- that is, to make the timeline and its photos bigger (height and width) or smaller? I believe that the two screen shots posted by yachtsman were trying to explain how to do this (??), but it certainly didn't work for me.

And many thanks to xaver and peter for nicely answering my original post.

But is there also a way to zoom in or out on the timeline -- that is, to make the timeline and its photos bigger (height and width) or smaller? I believe that the two screen shots posted by yachtsman were trying to explain how to do this (??), but it certainly didn't work for me.

======================

Try this. Hold down the Ctrl and the Shift keys at the same time and scroll your mouse wheel. This makes the Timeline (or the wave form) taller. Then use just the Ctrl+Mousewheel to stretch it out.

(Ver 7.5.10).

Gary

Hi jt,

Just to supplement Gary's answer...

If you select a slide in the timeline and hover the mouse pointer over it whilst you do the Shift+Ctrl+MouseWheel, only the slide part of the timeline display is altered in height. Click on an audio file, hover over it and do the Shift+Ctrl+MouseWheel and only the audio files have their height changed - but all the audio files change height by the same amount. In the current version it is not possible to adjust the height of just one audio track (as far as I know).

regards,

Peter

Just to clarify, are you talking about the "timeline" view or the "slides" view?

If you are in the "slide " view then hover your mouse cursor on the line just above any of the images until you see an up-and-down arrow. Hold the left mouse button down and drag upward and the images will get larger to fill the available space.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Just to clarify, are you talking about the "timeline" view or the "slides" view?

If you are in the "slide " view then hover your mouse cursor on the line just above any of the images until you see an up-and-down arrow. Hold the left mouse button down and drag upward and the images will get larger to fill the available space.

Best regards,

Lin

This is what I said about the "timeline view" in 7.07 as post 5. :blink:/> :blink:/> :blink:/>

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Doing what I suggested doesn't increase or decrease the size of images in the timeline view, it only increases the working space for audio tracks.

Best regards,

Lin

This is what I said about the "timeline view" in 7.07 as post 5. blink.gif/> blink.gif/> blink.gif/>

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Doing what I suggested doesn't increase or decrease the size of images in the timeline view, it only increases the working space for audio tracks.

Best regards,

Lin

You can't see the images in the timeline view in 7.07, just the waveform & the image flags. :blink:/> :blink:/> :blink:/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-54199100-1381789997_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-98366700-1381790015_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-69542600-1381790039_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

Here is an excerpt from the OP question - Bold Emphasis Mine:

;;; But is there also a way to zoom in or out on the timeline -- that is, to make the timeline and its photos bigger (height and width) or smaller? I believe that the two screen shots posted by yachtsman were trying to explain how to do this (??), but it certainly didn't work for me.

I'm perplexed as to why you are referring to an old version of PTE? The OP isn't using 7.07 as far as I know, so what are getting at?

Best regards,

Lin

You can't see the images in the timeline view in 7.07, just the waveform & the image flags. blink.gif/> blink.gif/> blink.gif/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Perhaps, if potential respondents read the posts more carefully, there would be fewer unnecessary and mis-leading replies. In post#1 it was clear that the view in question was the timeline view. The version of PTE is use was clearly stated as being v7.5.10. In the post in which advice on changing the height was sought, the reference was clearly stated as being the "timeline". Also, the topic title is "How to zoom in on timeline?". The user is interested in manipulating the visual appearance of the Timeline view in v7.5.10. In my opinion, references to the visual appearance of the Timeline in versions earlier than v7.5 are unhelpful, to say the least, and potentially confusing.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Xaver

Are you saying the facility to drag the timeline or use the scroll wheel on the mouse to stretch or compress is no longer there?

Yachtsman1.

This my first response to the query, all this dancing around doesn't answer the basic query has the function of dragging the timeline upwards & downwards been dropped in the current version, that is all I wan't to know. Or is it another case of users of previous versions being cast into the wilderness as far as asking questions. BTW I don't recall seeing any reference to 7.5 when I asked the question, or was it added later???

Yachtsman1.

PS, if the facility has disappeared it should if possible be re-instated IMO, there must have been more people using it. Maybe the thread starter will let me know?

HI Eric,

The only "dancing around" is what you are contributing. If you want to know how 7.5 works, then install it.

Best regards,

Lin

This my first response to the query, all this dancing around doesn't answer the basic query has the function of dragging the timeline upwards & downwards been dropped in the current version, that is all I wan't to know. Or is it another case of users of previous versions being cast into the wilderness as far as asking questions. BTW I don't recall seeing any reference to 7.5 when I asked the question, or was it added later???

Yachtsman1.

PS, if the facility has disappeared it should if possible be re-instated IMO, there must have been more people using it. Maybe the thread starter will let me know?