WnSoft Forums

Bit Defender Anti-virus [False Positive]

proton777

Just want to report something about my .exe project which I loaded onto my office PC a few days ago.

After having that file on my work machine for several days and after viewing it several times, my office I.T. department informed me of a problem with my exe file just yesterday.

The I.T. guy emailed me:

Host intrusion Detection did not like something in the file... it was seen by Bit Defender as “The program tried to inject its code into the process space of another application.

No further details.

He said Bit Defender blocked whatever action the .exe file was trying to do but didn't delete or quarantine the .exe file. It wasn't a virus, per se.

Currently using Bit Defender Business client 3.5.12.

proton777,

Thanks for letting me know about this problem.

It's false positive in Bit Defender software.

What version of PicturesToExe you used to create that EXE slideshow? I need exact version number, you can find it in the About window.

I'll check up.

Proton

please provide more details of the exe so Igor and company can possibly find the cause

also

see this link that Igor provided some time ago

https://www.virustotal.com/

ken

Ken, I'm not sure what details you're looking for, but it's a very basic presentation consisting of 100+ jpegs and one mp3 music track. The output is 1920 x 1080. I have an AVI, MP4, EXE for Mac and EXE for Windows PC. It appears to be from file for PC.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

proton777,

Thanks for letting me know about this problem.

It's false positive in Bit Defender software.

What version of PicturesToExe you used to create that EXE slideshow? I need exact version number, you can find it in the About window.

I'll check up.

Igor,

I'm at work now but the PTE program is on my machine at home and I can't tell you the exact version, but I can tell you I downloaded it about 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it is the current version 7.5.10 for Windows. That should my version unless there are different builds within each version. If there are different builds, I can get that info later.

Just to be clear, the machine with the anti-virus issue does NOT have the PTE software installed on it. It only has the published PTE projects on it.

proton777,

Thanks for the details!

I just uploaded a short test slideshow created in PicturesToExe 7.5.10 to VirusTotal.com online service. They check up files in all antiviruses. The file is clear.

Please can you create a new small test EXE file and check up in BitDefender? Let me know about result.

Guest Yachtsman1

proton777,

Thanks for the details!

I just uploaded a short test slideshow created in PicturesToExe 7.5.10 to VirusTotal.com online service. They check up files in all antiviruses. The file is clear.

Please can you create a new small test EXE file and check up in BitDefender? Let me know about result.

BitDefender is what Mediafire use to make sure what is being up-loaded is virus free. :o/>

Yachtsman1

proton777,

Thanks for the details!

Igor,

Sure, I can do that this evening after work and load the test file onto my office PC tomorrow. Unfortunately, my problem exe file is too large for VirusTotal to scan.

I'm confident there is no virus and I think I convinced my I.T. department it was a false positive. I installed that same file on at least 5 other people's PCs at work and the I.T. department said it was only a problem on my PC. I'm tempted to reload the file back onto my office PC to see if the same thing happens.

Some of you are happy people, because Bitdefender (mi antivirus for several years), one day delete all my PTEexe files, without any warning (backuped), and still today refuse to open Beechbrook (I use another computer with diferent antivirus, for that).

MUR

Igor,

Sure, I can do that this evening after work and load the test file onto my office PC tomorrow. Unfortunately, my problem exe file is too large for VirusTotal to scan.

I'm confident there is no virus and I think I convinced my I.T. department it was a false positive. I installed that same file on at least 5 other people's PCs at work and the I.T. department said it was only a problem on my PC. I'm tempted to reload the file back onto my office PC to see if the same thing happens.

OK, test file loaded onto PC with Bit Defender. Let's see what happens. Last time it took a few days before any problem appeared.