WnSoft Forums

mp4 output and image size

johnlord

I created a PtE using version 8 and the .exe file looks good with the image size correct. When I use the output to create a file suitable for running on an iPad the images are too large and content around the edges is lost. I seem to remember on previous version there was an option for 'safe' image size to cater for the over scan on some monitors. Given that the .exe file looks good it would point to an issue in the .mp4 output, unless I am missing something.

Regards,

John

Which iPad - there are versions for different iPads.

Your Project needs to be 4:3, the AR of the iPAD if you want to utilise all of the screen.

I have made many for the iPAD Retina using the PTE default and 1080 high; 16:9 and 4:3 play very well with no overlaps.

Fixed Size of Slide in Project Options / Screen is OFF.

DG

Which iPad - there are versions for different iPads.

Your Project needs to be 4:3, the AR of the iPAD if you want to utilise all of the screen.

I have made many for the iPAD Retina using the PTE default and 1080 high; 16:9 and 4:3 play very well with no overlaps.

Fixed Size of Slide in Project Options / Screen is OFF.

DG

It is an iPad 4. I tried the iPad Air and think that Apple have made a mistake as the feel of it and the plastic screen is not as good as the older ones, but that is another story.

I have made many AV using PtE 7.5 with no issues with the content correct sized for the screen. It is PtE 8 that I have having the issues with.

Regards,

John

It is an iPad 4. I tried the iPad Air and think that Apple have made a mistake as the feel of it and the plastic screen is not as good as the older ones, but that is another story.

I have made many AV using PtE 7.5 with no issues with the content correct sized for the screen. It is PtE 8 that I have having the issues with.

Regards,

John

Just tried again with the same results. The output to a .exe is fine but if you select Publish Show, Video for Mobile Devices, iPad Retina (1920 x 1080) and keep the defaults for Video i.e. Width 1920 Height 1080 then you can see when it renders that you are losing something like 10% around the edges. I have not had any issues with 7.5 and given that the iPad output does not mirror a .exe output I can only conclude this is a bug or a setting I have missed.

Regards,

John