WnSoft Forums

Convert EXE to MP4?

KyDan

Please forgive me if this is a silly question but I wonder if I can convert

A P2E EXE file into MP4 or MPG or MOV?

When I try to share files online people are often understandably hesitant to download an exe file.

I would like to convert some of my older exe files to a format that can then be shared on YouTube

or Facebook.

Can it easily be done?

Thanks!

KyDan in cold Kentucky USA

Only if you have the original source material - the project file which created the EXE.

If so use PUBLISH.

DG

Unfortunately I don't have original source material. Those files are scattered all over

2 computers in many different folders.

That is why I was hoping to convert the exe file I created 4 years ago.

Thanks for the rapid reply!

KyDan

You could use screen recording software like Camtasia (many others). Another option is to capture from HDMI output of graphics card using a hardware device. Elgato makes a Game Capture device that converts the HDMI to H.264.

Tom

Here's a link to a thread from a couple of years ago with a suggested screen recorder solution (BSR Screen Recorder). The product is still available and looks like $49. Not sure about a trial. And it appears that you would have to convert to AVI and then run the AVI through Pictures to Exe to create an MP4. I haven't tried it, but it seems like it might be worth investigating

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13797-convert-exe-to-mp4/page__view__findpost__p__90164

Guest Yachtsman1

I have Camtasia, which is supposed to be one of the best screen capture softwares, the quality of capturing an exe is nowhere near the original, & if the best quality is used, bumps up the file size. Before Camtasia I tried 3 or 4 similar types & their quality was abysmal, particularly the freebies.

Yachtsman1.

Thanks very much!

It's not a big deal.

I have only 2 exe files in question so it's not worth much extra effort.

I just thought there -might- be a way for P2E to do it.

Those exe files were done on a previous computer with limited muscle power

and somewhat limited hard drive space.

Anything I do today is saved as exe, dvd and mp4 so sharing is easy.

Peace!

KyDan