WnSoft Forums

how to reset a wait for key press in all slides

backpack45scb

This is PTE 7.5.10

I'm revising a show created on an earlier version. That show has wait for key press set as an option for every slide. I want to set a default which says do default duration and go to next slide - apply to all slides.

Only way that seems to work is go to each slide and manually reset the wait for key press option.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Guest Yachtsman1

This is PTE 7.5.10

I'm revising a show created on an earlier version. That show has wait for key press set as an option for every slide. I want to set a default which says do default duration and go to next slide - apply to all slides.

Only way that seems to work is go to each slide and manually reset the wait for key press option.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Hi Ralph

Sound like you want to re-set from a manual show, to a normal show with 5 seconds for each slide?

If that is the case, un tick wait for key press, highlight all slides by clicking on the last slide to hi-light it, hold the shift key down & click the first slide, this highlights all your slides, then go to slide options, set your time to 5 seconds, if you have a transition set, you need to add that time to your slide time, for example fade 2 seconds, slide time 5 seconds, setting time 7 seconds.

Yachtsman1.

Ralph,

It sounds as though you are using the Customize Slide feature to change each slide. The simple option would be to go into Project Options > Control and set the feature "OFF" there (i.e. untick the box).

regards,

Peter

That was the approach I tried, but it has no effect on Custom Slide Options already set. I think yachtsman1 has the answer. I took the long and dirty approach, manually changing the customization of each slide, and 45 minutes later was done.

Hi Ralph

Sound like you want to re-set from a manual show, to a normal show with 5 seconds for each slide?

If that is the case, un tick wait for key press, highlight all slides by clicking on the last slide to hi-light it, hold the shift key down & click the first slide, this highlights all your slides, then go to slide options, set your time to 5 seconds, if you have a transition set, you need to add that time to your slide time, for example fade 2 seconds, slide time 5 seconds, setting time 7 seconds.

Yachtsman1.

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed to know. Used the brute force approach this time, but will remember your technique in the future.