WnSoft Forums

PTE AV Studio Online Help

Igor

Hi JT,

What might be useful is if you could write a page on perhaps Euler angles and Tait-Bryan angles and how they might relate to the 3D transform angles in PTE, we could slightly modify the verbiage in the Wiki and link to your explanation which would be housed under another category which you could suggest a title for? This way more sophisticated users as well as beginners could benefit from not only the simplistic but also from detailed explanations of the purpose of the X and Y axis manipulations in PicturesToExe.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi JT,

Technically, it depends on the position of the image on the pitch, roll and yaw axis, a complex interaction which could probably only be described mathematically when precise angles are known, and then probably not at all from a practical perspective in real-time because of the possibilities for real-time variability along the timeline.

The issue then becomes how to explain it to someone who is neither mathematically inclined nor experienced in the descriptive terms used to define and interpret three dimensional space? This is why I suggested that you might consider writing a page on the interactions of these variables which might satisfy the curiosity of the more mathematically inclined. This could include a link to your executable file for further elucidation. This would also include a note in the current descriptive that the explanation given was simplistic and only relevant should the opposite axis and the rotation coefficient be currently zero. Also the invitation for the curious to experiment with three dimensional transforms including the pan z feature to better apprehend the myriad possibilities.

Best regards,

Lin

The one linked on #27 above titled: Rot_Y_axis.zip ....

Sorry, but my former post #27 does not exist any longer. The attempt to correct one line in the new user guide (IMO an easy exercise) seems to be a big affair. I do not need this guide, so why wasting time?

Regards,

jt

Sometimes there we see signs and wonders: My vanished post is back again :)

Hi JT,

Strange, I still see it on my screen - perhaps a cache thing. I'm not certain how you believe it should be corrected. I didn't write that section, but it says: "Rotate Y "flips" an object/image about its "vertical" axis (center) by xxx degrees as shown below." Which is essentially correct unless other conditions might exist where that is not always accurate. But you admit that trying to explain all the details might be beyond the scope of a beginner's user guide so my suggestion was to invite you to write a page to be linked as an addendum to the present which explains how this is an oversimplification. The idea of having a Wiki is to allow any user to comment on and help correct and tune the user guide so it is more helpful to more people. Those of us who are authoring the guide probably don't really need it either, but having it is a major and important feature for helping new users understand and use the software more effectively.

You are invited, as are all other users to contribute, correct, amend and modify the guide where you find it lacking. Please feel free to contribute your knowledge and skills in helping perfect or at least vastly improve the work. Only by working together can we make the Wiki successful. Once it is finished, it can then be translated into multiple languages which will be beneficial to everyone I think - just my $.02.....

Best regards,

Lin

Sorry, but my former post #27 does not exist any longer. The attempt to correct one line in the new user guide (IMO an easy exercise) seems to be a big affair. I do not need this guide, so why wasting time?

Regards,

jt

Searching the Online Help.

You can search for partial words:

*fade - will find all instances of "fade" and will include "Crossfade" etc

Sort* - will find all instances of "Sort" and will include "Sorted" etc

You can search for exact phrases by enclosing the phrase in "Quotes".

Example - "audio tab" will find all instances of the "Audio Tab" phrase.

Including two or more words the search (without quotes) will find all instances of the two or more words.

DG

Dave,

Would it be possible to put the link to the OnLine Help on the same line and next to the 'Slideshowclub.com' link in the headings of this Forum? When I want to post a question, it is would be easy to find to locate the proper terminology to use.

Gary

Gary,

F1 from PTE V8 will get you there.

Bookmark it?

Open in a New Browser Window. You can then have it available alongside both V8 and the Forum if you want.

DG

====================================

Dave,

Yes, I understand you can do that within PTE. I am saying that it would be nice to have the link in the Forum, so if you need to check something out while in the Forum, you have quick access right there.

See attached.

Gary

post-1794-0-74002200-1393265522_thumb.jp

Dave,

Would it be possible to put the link to the OnLine Help on the same line and next to the 'Slideshowclub.com' link in the headings of this Forum? When I want to post a question, it is would be easy to find to locate the proper terminology to use.

Gary

Done!

Excellent idea, online manual!

In this way you can quickly access any topic that interests addition to its links, which are present in each section.

I've already read some sections and I was impressed by the clarity and simplicity of exposure.

A big bravo to the authors!

In this way many other lovers of photography and audiovisual photo will approach PTE to spread it even more!

I would only ask two things:

1) The manual will be kept up to date with the development of the program?

2) You can place online a translation into another language?

I would be willing, in fact, translate the text in Italian, if the translation mode is quick and easy, otherwise the work would become too strenuous. I say this because, as a translator in Italian Audacity, I had also thought of translating its splendid manual online, but unfortunately the many formatting symbols make the laborious and tedious work, so I had to give up.

If, however, for the PTE is simple metodolgia are willing to translate it immediately.

Greetings

Carmelo Battaglia

Thanks for your comments Carmelo.

The Online Help can easily be kept up to date in line with small or large changes which WNSOFT makes to the Programme.

It can be done immediately and seamlessly.

Regarding Translation - that's something to which Igor needs to answer. The illustrations would need to be re-done to match the Italian Text and Programme interface.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

The 3D control has always been a hit & miss affair for me, sometimes it does what I want, sometimes it has a mind of its own. I've read the on-line help page but that only details the 3 functions not how to apply them. The 2d tumble effect I've used a few times but haven't really understood how its applied. I think PJA used it some time ago with the Scottish dance demo & maybe the Rubic cube, maybe he could add a section to the 3D Online manual section. :rolleyes:/>

Yachtsman1.