WnSoft Forums

PTE AV Studio Online Help

Igor

I’m glad to announce the new PTE AV Studio Online Help:

English:

https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/10.0/main

Italian:

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/it-it/10.0/main

It will be the official help for PTE AV Studio on English and Italian language and we’ll add links in PTE AV Studio and on WnSoft website to this new online help.

I’m very grateful to Dave Gould, Jeff Evans, Lin Evans, Peter Appleton and Carmelo Battaglia who are writing the articles for the online help!

Dave Gould (DaveGee) is also the coordinator of PTE AV Studio Online Help. Please contact him with all suggestions and questions.

Igor,

I would like to add my thanks to Jeff Evans, whose help in getting to where we are now is gratefully acknowledged.

I must also thank Lin Evans for the Proofreading and "Americanization" of the project and for the article on Chroma Key. I cannot think of anyone else in this forum who could have done that.

The task is now to complete the project.

I am inviting anyone who wants to participate to look at where we are now and submit articles and "How To's" which fill the gaps. There are a couple of things that need to be mentioned.

1. If your submission is a "one liner" please submit it here. We don't need suggestions for articles - we need articles.

2. If you are submitting an article (or "How To") it needs to be in Word or .rtf format (PDF perhaps) but the images need to be SEPARATE - not inserted into the document.

2a. Images should be a maximum of 1280 Pixels wide - there's a little trick - if you need help please ask me?

3. If possible images need to be screen grabs in W7 format/"livery" - for consistency.

4. Articles should be SPELL CHECKED before submission.

5. Opinions in articles will be edited out.

Submissions should be made in a PM to me. It might be wise to let me know if you plan to make a submission just in case someone else is planning the same topic?

The work is ongoing and it might be wise to Press F5 (or even Ctrl+F5) often to make sure that you are not viewing an old version of what is current.

DG

Hi Folks,

I would like to thank Igor, Dave and Jeff for their consistent hard work and dedication to this project. My part in this thus far has been very limited, but I intend to contribute more as time goes on.

I would encourage others who have the time and skills to participate to please do so and together we can all make this project an even greater shining example of what cooperative efforts can achieve.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Excellent effort, two suggestions, 1. A link back to the forum on the header so that use of the back arrow is negated, 2, When a subject is opened, could the button/ feature remains highlighted so that the user knows where they were up to in the list. ;)/>/>

Yachtsman1.

Excellent effort, two suggestions, 1. A link back to the forum on the header so that use of the back arrow is negated, 2, When a subject is opened, could the button/ feature remains highlighted so that the user knows where they were up to in the list. wink.gif/>/>

Yachtsman1.

Thanks,

Suggestions:

1. Bookmark the Online Help and open in a new window. It will remain on the desired page when switching Tabs / Windows.

2. From the forum, right click on the link and "Open in a New Window" to get the same result.

DG

Many congratulations to all who have contributed. I have just started reading and am very impressed with the detail and format.

Is this the place for suggested corrections?

If so, under Main Menu... The “Main Menu” is located at the top righthand side of Pictures To Exe main screen. Should this be lefthand side?

Boogie

Under Slide Options > Transitions Tab it states that these options are the same as those in Preferences - and the link takes you to Preferences. It should state Project Options > Transitions Tab and the link should take the user to that part of the Wiki.

regards,

Peter

Hi all,

A couple of organizational matters:

1. Because of the "ongoing" nature of the "Work in Progress" please use Ctrl+F5 regularly to update your Cache and make sure that you are viewing the very latest versions of pages.

2. The search facility is a great indication of the viability of the project - please report any "Search Failures"? Words in image examples cannot be searched on and might require keyword additions. Partial words are also a problem so please search on variations of words e.g. sort and sorted.

DG

A tremendous piece of work Congratulations to all involved. I appreciate this work may never end but is it possible to download a PDF version. I much prefer to have a manual to work with rather than neck ache looking at a screen.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Since it's a work in progress, it will essentially always be in the process of being updated so there will not be a "single" PDF file to download however you can download any segment by using the PDF tool found on the far right side of your screen. See screen capture below:

Best regards,

Lin

post-37-0-82819500-1392466244_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this is the correct place for posting any kind of incorrectness in the Online Help.

On the page "3D Parameters" we read: "Rotate Y “flips” an object/image about its vertical axis ...".

The three rotations Rotate, Rotate Y, Rotate X constitute (if I got it correctly) a Tait-Bryan system with Z-Y'-X" convention. So Rotation Y does not always give a rotation around the image's own y-axis. You see this if you first set Rotate X to a value different from zero, and then perform Rotation Y.

Regards,

jt49

Hi JT,

Technically, that's correct but it may be a bit esoteric for the user guide and perhaps better to explain the intricacies in tutorials dealing specifically with the axis of rotation variables. It the explanation in the user guide gets too complex, many first time users may lose interest.

Best regards,

Lin

... Technically, that's correct but it may be a bit esoteric for the user guide and perhaps better to explain the intricacies in tutorials dealing specifically with the axis of rotation variables. It the explanation in the user guide gets too complex, many first time users may lose interest ...

Hi Lin,

It is not my intention to present detailed descriptions on Euler angles in the user guide. But the version we see there sounds definite and precise while being incorrect. This is my concern. I agree that it is quite difficult if not impossible to be precise in this situation. So if we have to stay vague, the description should be vague, as well.

Best regards,

jt