WnSoft Forums

PTE AV Studio Online Help

Igor

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

After some time, due to family problems, I wanted to resume online PTE manual update in Italian, but I found several problems with the operation of the pages.
In fact, when you switch to Edit mode, white pages often appear, but if you return to normal viewing, the content appears again.
Other times, while editing, all content disappears and "-false-" appears, with the final deletion of all content.
Finally, I can not make links with other help pages because the message page appears that the link page does not exist and I have to create it, but instead the page is present.
I'm locked up because I'm afraid to ruin everything done.
I would like some clarification.

Carmelo

6 hours ago, carmelo.battaglia said:

Hi Dave,

After some time, due to family problems, I wanted to resume online PTE manual update in Italian, but I found several problems with the operation of the pages.
In fact, when you switch to Edit mode, white pages often appear, but if you return to normal viewing, the content appears again.
Other times, while editing, all content disappears and "-false-" appears, with the final deletion of all content.
Finally, I can not make links with other help pages because the message page appears that the link page does not exist and I have to create it, but instead the page is present.
I'm locked up because I'm afraid to ruin everything done.
I would like some clarification.

Carmelo

Hi Carmelo,

As Davegee has noted, I am helping him with a revision and updating of the Online Help File.  Although most of the details in main sections are correct, I am currently re-writing so of the initial sections to make the order of presenting the information slightly more logical.  If you look at the bottom of the list of topics, you will see two sections marked "Draft".  These are the re-writes.  May I suggest that you wait a while before starting any translation to avoid having to do any re-work.  I think I light be finished the main re-write in about 3 weeks, but I will let you know when it is finished.

Regards

Jeff Evans

• 5 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that the Online Help File is now up to date and the revisions are complete.  There may be some additional "How To's" for Version 9 which will be added when appropriate.  If anyone finds any errors or want something added, just post a comment here.

Regards

Jeff Evans

• 2 months later...

Now might be a good time to re-iterate some comments from the early days of the Online Help File.

".......I am inviting anyone who wants to participate to look at where we are now and submit articles and "How To's" which fill the gaps. There are a couple of things that need to be mentioned:

1. If your submission is a "one liner" please submit it here. We don't need suggestions for articles - we need articles.

2. If you are submitting an article (or "How To") it needs to be in Word or .rtf format (PDF perhaps) but the images need to be SEPARATE - not inserted into the document.

2a. Images should be a maximum of 1280 Pixels wide - there's a little trick - if you need help please ask me?

3. If possible images need to be screen grabs in W7 format/"livery" - for consistency.

4. Articles should be SPELL CHECKED before submission.

5. Opinions in articles will be edited out.

Submissions should be made in a PM to me. It might be wise to let me know if you plan to make a submission just in case someone else is planning the same topic?

The work is ongoing and it might be wise to Press F5 (or even Ctrl+F5) often to make sure that you are not viewing an old version of what is current."

Thanks to Jeff Evans for looking after the running of this project since April. I hope to be able to continue with it in the near future.

Please PM Jeff until that time.

We don't need suggestions for articles - we need articles.

DG

• 1 month later...

Updated the Project Options / Advanced Tab / Advanced Options section of the V9 Online Help (Custom Window)

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/project_settings_1/project#advanced_options

Also updated the Objects and Animation / Properties Tab / Display a Custom Window section

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/objectsandanimation_1/properties_tab#display_a_custom_window

DG

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...