WnSoft Forums

Updating the Forum Software...continued

goddi

When I first visited the forum today, with my working mode set to "New since last visit", and asked to "View New Content" I was offered two topics; one of which was this one. Over at the left side, this topic had the star icon, the other had the circle icon. When I hovered the mouse over each icon, the tooltip was the same "Go to first unread post". At the right hand side was the userid and datestamp of the last post in each topic. So I have three options:

• I can click on the topic title and be taken to the very first post
  • I can click on the star/circle icons and be taken to the first unread post
  • I can click on the date stamp and be taken to the very last post

With regards to viewing new content, the forum software offers all the useful function that could be wished for.

regards,

Peter

With regards to viewing new content, the forum software offers all the useful function that could be wished for.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

If you are saying that the 'star' can be clicked on to be taken to the first unread post, this is not happening with me. My 'star' is greyed-out and does not function except to tell me, with a mouseover, that I have posted in the topic. If this is true, I wonder if it is due to the fact that I am using Win8? Please let me know if your 'star' is black or is it grey. When I have a black circle, it will take me to the first unread post.

Thanks... Gary

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I see something new with this problem. When I get an email notification of a posting in this topic, I usually just click it to go directly to the posting. The 'star' is greyed-out.

However, today, there was a new posting from Eric. Instead of clicking on the link in the email notification, when through the browser and openned the site and clicked on 'View New Content'. The 'star' is now black and, I think, the mouseover said 'first unread post'. I have 'New since my last visit' checked. So here is the problem. The 'star' should remain black and active to go to the 'first unread post' even though I might have made a posting to the topic because there might be many other unread postings in the topic since my last visit.

I will have to wait for more postings to see and test what might be going on. Not too much activity lately.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

Gary

Are you clicking the correct link in the email, I mentioned this on day one, the top link takes you to the poster, the next link takes you to the post, it's the opposite way around from the previous forum.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Gary

Are you clicking the correct link in the email, I mentioned this on day one, the top link takes you to the poster, the next link takes you to the post, it's the opposite way around from the previous forum.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Yes.

post-1794-0-31860100-1395157788_thumb.jp

When I first visited the forum today, with my working mode set to "New since last visit", and asked to "View New Content" I was offered two topics; one of which was this one. Over at the left side, this topic had the star icon, the other had the circle icon. When I hovered the mouse over each icon, the tooltip was the same "Go to first unread post". At the right hand side was the userid and datestamp of the last post in each topic. So I have three options:

• I can click on the topic title and be taken to the very first post
  • I can click on the date stamp and be taken to the very last post

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I have been checking out the 'star' again. Now, the 'star' is NOT greyed-out and it does show '...first unread post'. I wonder if they updated the software. So it is now working as you have described. Very strange but the problem seems to have been rectified, for me.

Gary