WnSoft Forums

Looping video within a single slide

ckirbysr

If you loop the slide does that not do what you want?

Alternatively, you could add the video multiple times and set the offset on each so that they appear to loop.

Overlaying the Video and using Key Frames to fade in and out would add to the illusion.

You didn't explain if the video duration equals the Full Slide Duration or is shorter?

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

If you loop the slide does that not do what you want?

DG

I have just tried looping a video clip & on my set up there is a 5 second delay between the video ending & restarting. In 7.07 I was able to add duplicate clips add infinitum, just tried this in the current version & there is a pause between clips, tried dragging the start of the second clip into the first clip on the timeline but couldn't get an acceptable transition between clips.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-86526100-1395838877_thumb.jp

Thank you Davegee and Yachtsman,

First allow me to explain. All of my shows are created visually, rather than by timing.

Until I read your replies, I never noticed that slides could be looped. I have tried both solutions and neither works to my

satisfaction.

My eventual solution was to create 3 slides with the same video as the background with no transition. By placing the last photo

as the first on the next slide. I was able to hide the start and finish of the video. Giving the appearance of one slide. The

video is only 7+/- seconds and now appears to be 23 seconds long.

Thank you both for you reply and knowledge.

Terry

Guest Yachtsman1

I In 7.07 I was able to add duplicate clips add infinitum, just tried this in the current version & there is a pause between clips, tried dragging the start of the second clip into the first clip on the timeline but couldn't get an acceptable transition between clips.

Yachtsman1

Just tried this again with a different video clip & it does work as it did in 7.07 with an acceptable transition. The clip was copied 3 times & the starts of the second & third copies dragged into the first & second. The clip incidentally is from my wife's new Fuji SL1000 which she was trying out on Southport pier in very windy conditions.

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

OR,

You could set KFSD in Settings, Preferences, Project before dragging the clip into the File List (three times) and let V8 do it all for you - automatically?

DG

Yes that works, but you are then stuck with KFSD for the remainder of the show presumably :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

Terry,

By removing the Transitions you are making the Slide Duration = Full Slide Duration.

That is why I asked in post #2 about FSD.

Having an overlap as per post #7 would obviate the need for "hiding" the start and finish of the video (depending on the nature of the video).

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

DG

I assume this is what you are referring to?

"Note that Keep Full Slide Duration can be UN-TICKED in Settings / Preferences / Projects and TICKED in Slide Options and the SLIDE preserves the Keep Full Slide Duration. Other slides in the Project behave according to the Preferences Setting of Keep Full Slide Duration Un-Ticked"

I will have to lie down in a dark room to try to get my head around it, remembering it & finding a use for it is another issue, when for my use I can do the video transition quicker by dragging. Maybe an explanation of the benefits of one method over the other would make it clearer? I also assume there are other uses when creating other features not touched on here.

Yachtsman1.

Turn KFSD on

Add Video Slide(s)

Turn KFSD off

The slides which were added in the KFSD mode will remain that way during the project unless turned off in Slide Options.

My "personal preference" is to leave KFSD on at all times but please don't tell anyone - it upsets some people!

DG

DaveGee,

Sorry, I Did not understand your reference to KFSD in post#2. After reading all of the replies I think I now understand.

Need to look into this more, but it does appear that it should meet my requirements... Thank you

Yachtsman,

Your Video has done basically what I wanted. where you have the transition between videos is what I wanted to hide hence the use

of strategically placed photos.

I will post a clip this evening to show the result

Thank you both, Terry

Guest Yachtsman1

Turn KFSD on

Add Video Slide(s)

Turn KFSD off

The slides which were added in the KFSD mode will remain that way during the project unless turned off in Slide Options.

DG

That sounds easier than trying to absorb all that is written in the manual, I tend to nod off after 50 words. Ta :rolleyes:

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Yachtsman,

Your Video has done basically what I wanted. where you have the transition between videos is what I wanted to hide hence the use

of strategically placed photos.

I will post a clip this evening to show the result

Thank you both, Terry

Hi Terry I don't usually add multiple copies of videos, I did a show a couple of years ago called Southport Summer Miscellany where there was a short video clip of a gardner mowing a bowling green which was a little short, so I added it twice & the effect looked great IMO, as the gardner reached the end of one cut then transited to the second cut. A lot depends on the video clip. The first one I tried in this thread was a fun fair swing boat which didn't work at all, the sea shot IMO is acceptable. Fun isn't it?

Yachtsman1.

DaveG and Yachtsman,

Sorry it took so long to get back. Took me a while to wrap this old head around timing. After reading the help file and

your replies a half dozen times. I believe that I got the idea. Think I need to learn how to produce a show with timing

AND visual. With all the new possibilities in PTE 8. Strictly visual no longer satisfies my needs.

Yachtsman, as requested Here is link to what I accomplished.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eicdm2yun2hyn4b/Looping_video.zip

Thank you both for all your help...

Terry

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Terry

Thanks for the clip. I think what I was trying to explain is not what you have produced. However if it is what you want that's all that matters.

Yachtsman1