WnSoft Forums

It's a Puzzle

davegee

Dave,

These are great! Thanks for sharing. I am wondering whether in any of your other transitions you have generously shared there is something similar but only with square blocks instead of the puzzle pieces. I don't recall seeing one but I may have overlooked it. Thanks again!

........or as a Custom Transition:

attachicon.gifJigsawTT01.zip

Hi Dave,

I must be doing something wrong because I don't see the fade at the end. There are a few puzzle pieces remaining to fill and it jumps to the next slide. I tried changing the transition duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds but that did not help. I tried changing the slide duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds but that did not help. Also tried slide options KFSD on/off. The styles work great so it's not a big problem.

Also what is TTT? Software?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

Try setting a 5 sec Transition Time and 10 sec slide duration before you apply the CT.

I just D/L'd it to be sure and it works fine with a 2 sec or a 5 sec transition.

Are your two transition times greater than your Slide Duration? - that causes a problem (obviously).

DG

How many pieces?

What AR?

DG

16:10 AR (I don't like cropping my pictures)

8 horizontal, 6 vertical (or whatever numbers close to this which are easiest to work with)

I have tried doing it with the built-in "Mosaic" transition but never can get the effect I want. I like your puzzle transition but would just like square blocks. Thanks Dave!

Tom,

Try setting a 5 sec Transition Time and 10 sec slide duration before you apply the CT.

I just D/L'd it to be sure and it works fine with a 2 sec or a 5 sec transition.

Are your two transition times greater than your Slide Duration? - that causes a problem (obviously).

DG

Still missing the end of the transition. Since the style works fine I don't think it's the computer. I will try on my newest i7 cpu tonight.

Update. The transition works great on my Dell 8700 with Haswell i7 and Nvidia GT635. It might be the hardware on the older PC just does not like video mask transitions. I know this does not explain why the style works and the transition does not. Oh well, it works on my new PC.

Thanks,

Tom

16:10 AR (I don't like cropping my pictures)

8 horizontal, 6 vertical (or whatever numbers close to this which are easiest to work with)

I have tried doing it with the built-in "Mosaic" transition but never can get the effect I want. I like your puzzle transition but would just like square blocks. Thanks Dave!

Mary,

Please try this:

Here are the Templates to make the Video Mask - 50 second original and 5 second short:

SquaresMasks Templates.zip

Here is the Style complete with the Video Mask:

Jigsaw 03.zip

DG

P.S. You said "16:10 AR (I don't like cropping my pictures)" - did you mean that you like you show to fill your 16:10 monitor. Or did you mean that you have a camera which takes 16:10 images?

• 2 years later...

Hi Dave-

In the Jigsaw Puzzle style, is it possible to have the pieces of the puzzle remain visible on the screen for a couple seconds before the edges dissolve into the final picture?  Is this something we can control through one of the settings?

Thanks!

-Craig

Thanks, Dave, but I am hoping to show the display of the puzzle pieces themselves for a couple seconds before the edges of the puzzle pieces disappear into the picture.  After the final puzzle piece appears, the pieces rapidly dissolve into the main picture, and I want to hold the image of the edges of the puzzle pieces for another second or two.  Increasing the Slide Duration doesn't seem to change the length of time the pieces of the puzzle display.

I think maybe it could have something to do with the timing of the items in the mask container.