WnSoft Forums

Slideshow club upload.

snapcam

I thought I might put a show up on Slideshowclub.

I created a Safe exe file for internet. and tried to upload.

The programme goes through the motions and shows the upload scale working but at the end says no file selected for upload.

What am I doing wrong.

Snapcam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope this is helpful. The same instructions can be found on slideshowclub itself.

Bill

Upload Instructions:

Step 1. Select "Click to Upload Files" A window will open displaying files on your computer. You may select all the files you wish to upload at one time or choose them independently by selecting the "Click to Upload Files" button for each show. Choices are: mov, mp3, mpg, wmv, zip. Maximum file size is 224 MB. Each zipped filename should be identified by its format. Example: myshow for PC.zip , myshow for Mac.zip.

WAIT for your files to upload to the server before continuing. A small graphic progress meter is shown to the right side of your shows' name. Once the upload completes your files size will be displayed as well as a link for deletion if necessary.

Step 2. Select "Click to Upload Screenshots". A window will open displaying files on your computer. Select an image to represent your show on the Download pages. Any file size is allowed. Choices are: gif, jpeg, jpg, mpg, png.

Step 3. Enter the "File Name" of your show. Example: My Holiday in Europe. Choose at least one "File Tag". Choices are: PC, Mac, YouTube, and Video. Enter a Description for your show. Click "Add Selection" and your upload session is completed. The administrator will review your show before it becomes available for download.

Guest Yachtsman1

I thought I might put a show up on Slideshowclub.

I created a Safe exe file for internet. and tried to upload.

The programme goes through the motions and shows the upload scale working but at the end says no file selected for upload.

What am I doing wrong.

Snapcam

Hi Snapcam

Try this.

Yachtsman1

Bill ,I have followed the instructions on the site but get NO FILE WAS SELECTED FOR UPLOAD even thought when the download progression is complete it shows the file name in a pink bar.

I suspected it had been how I had created the zip file so I followed Eric's video and got the same result.

Do I need to rename the zipped file before loading.

Snapcam

Raymond

I had some difficulties like you, but after a while I realised what I needed to do.

I click to upload the file and allow that to complete

Then put something in everyone of the fields below. I think you can leave the changes field, but why not just put new upload in there.

Make sure you also include the thumbnail 120 pixels square, or once again the upload fails. Its important that you add tags PC or Mac or both, without that my uploads fail.

Try it again, one step at a time and see how you go

Barry,

Which browser?

Advanced Mode or basic?

The exact same problem exists when attaching a file to a PM.

Firefox and Basic Mode don't work here.

I tried test files last evening:

Fire Fox and advanced - OK.

Firefox and Basic - no progress bar - file does not upload.

That applies to both SSC and PM.

DG

Barry / Dave

I am using the advanced mode but have tried both with the same result..

The file shows and completes the progress bar but then shows the File name and file size but says no file had been selected (see screen shot).

So I never get to the stage of the fields or 'Submit''

The screenshot loads fine.

What 120px thumbnail are you referring to Barry.

There seems to be no one set of symptoms - it varies between users.

On a Vista laptop using Firefox and advanced mode I uploaded a test for Igor last evening and sent an image to him.

Using basic mode I could not complete the processes for SSC and MPs.

DG

I use Windows Explorer and advanced mode.

SnapCam. The thumbnail is a part of the upload and you can take a 120px crop of a picture from your slide show and it needs to be included when you are uploading your show. If I leave that off the upload does not complete and I find myself back as the disclaimer page.

Barry

I can't see any reference to a thumbnail.

Presuming you are not talking about screenshots where do I put the thumbnail (please avoid the obvious answer :( )

Raymond

Guest Yachtsman1

Raymond

Look at my tutorial again, other than registering, all the upload steps are there, including adding thumbnails from the show & tags, both necessary for a successful upload.

Yachtsman1.

Back in Southport

Guest Yachtsman1

Ihave just attempted to upload the smallest of my new shows from our Kent holiday, I found the following problems. First of all SSC did not recognise my previous registration & I had to to re-enter my details. I then went through the up-load proceedure as I had done in the past & got to the final act of the upload button, on pressing that the wizard reverted to the first page where one has to tick the box that you had read all the conditions. Something is definately amiss :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-21284500-1402231216_thumb.jp post-5560-0-21284500-1402231216_thumb.jp post-5560-0-85803900-1402231262_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-77469500-1402231241_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

This screen shot is what appeared when I clicked the "add submission" button for my previous tutorial a few months ago..???

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-76989000-1402236552_thumb.jp

Hello Eric

The point is I don't get to that .

You video is quite clear that's how I corrected my Zip file.

But when I upload it says no file was selected(see my screen shot) further up the thread.

Raymond

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Raymond

I think Igor needs to sort this, as I said in my previous post, I tried to upload a new show & reached the final stage & the upload wizard reverted to the page where you have to tick the box to agree to terms. IMO there is something wrong with the system & it seems to be since SSC was moved to a new server?

Eric

Yachtsman1.

screenshot/thumbnail is the same thing.

I wonder if this is a similar issue to one I have experienced recently. Something has been changed by Windows Explorer recently. (a few months ago) and it impacted on my ability to add links on my web site. The process appeared to work well, but showed a similar problem to what you describe here. It was OK one day and not the next.

My web guru was the one who discovered the problem and to get around it I have to use another browser (Google Chrome) to add the links. Could this issue be something like that and another browser would work OK.

I am away from home at present, but if I were not I would suggest you send the zipped file to me so I could try uploading it for you from my end. Not a great plan with a slow mobile internet connection though, but perhaps someone else could try that option for you

Guest Yachtsman1

Ihave just attempted to upload the smallest of my new shows from our Kent holiday, I found the following problems. First of all SSC did not recognise my previous registration & I had to to re-enter my details. I then went through the up-load proceedure as I had done in the past & got to the final act of the upload button, on pressing that the wizard reverted to the first page where one has to tick the box that you had read all the conditions. Something is definately amiss :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Yachtsman1.

attachicon.gifssc1.jpg attachicon.gifssc1.jpg attachicon.gifssc3.jpg

I just noticed the screen shots I uploaded & "attached to post" would not open. I have attached them here using the original method without attaching to post. You can see from them I got to the final page of the SSC upload wizard, click the upload button & the process reverted to the acknowledgement page.

Yachtsman1

PS I use Firefox

post-5560-0-43743800-1402290767_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-74952300-1402290780_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-46052000-1402290793_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I just noticed the screen shots I uploaded & "attached to post" would not open. I have attached them here using the original method without attaching to post. You can see from them I got to the final page of the SSC upload wizard, click the upload button & the process reverted to the acknowledgement page.

Yachtsman1

PS I use Firefox

I've just gone back to the screenshots taken during the Kent Mixture upload to SSC & the "NO FILE SELECTED" appears on there, on my original Tutorial upload that doesn't appear. See attached screen shots.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-65945600-1402291695_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-91755000-1402291706_thumb.jp