Slideshow club upload.

snapcam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably I found the reason of the main problem.

We forgot to increase the upload limit on the new server (on past week). It's fixed now. I hope that it will help.

Please try again now.

Dave,

Basic Uploader shows progress only in the status bar (not in all browsers).

Advanced Uploader uses Flash and shows progress. It's suggested by default.

I tried again several times including using Chrome No Joy.

1st screen is during upload.

2nd screen is as before after upload concludes

Different file same result.

Raymond

post-6729-0-97514600-1402347542_thumb.jp

post-6729-0-95640000-1402347557_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Just tried again to upload my Kent Mixture show & failed. Observations, the selected thumbnails did not appear, after the progress bar ended the words no file selected appeared. A green box I haven't seen before at the top of the screen was pulsing as if the upload was still going on, allowed to continue for 5 minutes then tried clicking the bottom upload button & the upload disappeared & the SSC main page appeared. Gave up.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-95807600-1402349691_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-65231300-1402349713_thumb.jp

I have just downloaded a show from the club and on extraction find 2 files one an application and then a PTE show file. I normally take no notice and go on and run the show.

Checking back over other downloads most have these 2 files but of varying sizes with sometimes the application file being the largest and sometimes the PTE file.

My zip file only has the application file but plays the sequence.

Am I missing something when I create the Zip file?

Raymond

Raymond,

I admire your persistence. I have given up trying to use Slideshowclub.com because the hassle involved in trying to get something uploaded just isn't worth the effort, in my opinion. I did get one or two shows uploaded but it was a battle on them all. In future, whenever I do want to share something I'll stick with Dropbox!

regards,

Peter

Sorry for my long delay. I have been away without means to do any testing. Several options have been changed on the server and members are now able to successfully upload shows. I have approved two new shows already today

Regards - Bill.

I am having the exact same problem...identical. I have posted before without a hitch and now I get the same thing. I have changed the name of the show, re-zipped it...re-rendered it...to no avail. Since I've had success before I just don't get it. Hope help arrives, or some sort of magic would be nice.

Jeff

Guest Yachtsman1

Raymond,

I admire your persistence. I have given up trying to use Slideshowclub.com because the hassle involved in trying to get something uploaded just isn't worth the effort, in my opinion. I did get one or two shows uploaded but it was a battle on them all. In future, whenever I do want to share something I'll stick with Dropbox!

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

It's now back to very nearly what it was before the sever was changed, so you should be able to upload your occassional shows, I won't use it regularly as it won't allow my amount of production .

Eric

Yachtsman1.

OK...I just did the same thing I've been doing for a couple days with no success...and everything went like clockwork. Magic...me like. Maybe all is well now. Thank You

Jeff

In the words of Victor Meldrew 'I don't believe IT'

I have finally uploaded a sequence to SSC.

Many thanks to all those who have tried to help throughout this thread.

I hope now I have succeeded you will think my little sequence was worth your trouble.

Raymond (Snapcam)

I believe slideshowclub has now been configured correctly. I have been approving shows all day and have received no more notices about failures. Thank you to everyone for your patience.

Regards,

Bill

Guest Yachtsman1

I've now up-loaded 2 shows to the new server without upload problems. However, the system is not re-sizing the thumbnails , they show at full size which is too big for my monitor. Previously they were down sized automatically. A small problem, otherwise it's fine.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Igor

Two screenshots attached, the first is an uploaded thumb opened in SSC, the second is the full size thumb as it should be.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-43097800-1402924955_thumb.jp post-5560-0-97034700-1402924983_thumb.jp

Eric,

Please send me screenshot of Slideshow club page - what you can see.

Here is what I can see for your submission on Slideshowclub.

It works correctly. And then you click to preview images you'll see images at full size.

It's default behavior of IPB software and we can't change it.

post-1-0-05194100-1402927789_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Igor

on the SSC page for my show the thumbs are the size you would expect, it's when you click on a thumb, the size expands off the screen. If that can't be altered, maybe a note should be made of what size thumb to upload?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-85111700-1402928870_thumb.jp

I've now up-loaded 2 shows to the new server without upload problems. However, the system is not re-sizing the thumbnails , they show at full size which is too big for my monitor. Previously they were down sized automatically. A small problem, otherwise it's fine.

Yachtsman1.

Eric. Slideshowclub was moved to a newer and faster server. The software that slideshowclub runs on did not change, only the hosting server. What worked before this move did not change. Same software on a new server is all that changed.