WnSoft Forums

News of v8.5 - Faster and less memory usage

Igor

Future version 8.5 will bring significant improvement for AV authors who create heavy animation with a lot of keyframes.

For example, I compared a work of Rubik demo by Jean-Cyprien in v8.0 and future v8.5. Size of .pte project file is 14 MB (509'343 lines).

1. Time to load the project. Almost in 2x faster in v8.5 than in v8.0

2. Memory usage. v8.0 - 640 MB of system memory. New v8.5 - 353 MB. Almost in 2x less memory usage.

That's not all, due to the new architecture of keyframes the final version 8.5 will consume even less system memory.

Memory usage was reduced after deep optimization of work with .pte project in memory.

The strategy would be to not combine huge images with intricate animation. It's incumbent for users to keep in mind that the only time an image needs to be larger than the expected display resolution is when there will be deep zooms into detail.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor,

May be I am one of the so called "AV authors who create heavy animation with a lot of keyframes" as per my past posts concerning a future PTE 64-bit native version.

So, I am glad to hear about next 8.5 version which will solve some of actual problems. PTE deserves it, as I said before. Congratulations!

When will 8.5 be available?

Regards,

Jose

The new version will be published at the end of year, as usual. Beta version will be available in 2-3 months.

Probably 64-bit PC version will be ready together with Mac version (when it's ready), because they use common code.

Hello, as usual, a big congratulations to the creators of this wonderful program for quite a few years now, continues to improve for our very special happiness to all.

That way and made ​​improvements ... to make the turn pale concurrency.

Great guys and a big thank you to our friend IGOR

M @ rcel

Excellent news. Even though I work at 1920x1080px my latest AV is 330MB so even more effective compression will be welcomed, especially by those with less modern or powerful computers.

Also great to hear about the 64 bit and Mac versions (not that I use Mac but I know plenty who do).

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I expect beta version in November-December, because we have a lot of work with this version.

The new "Objects and animation" editor with great improvements is still in work.

Video output now uses newest and fast video encoders + better quality.

We're rewriting the old code of PicturesToExe to make a cross-platform product in future (not in v8.5): PC/Mac, 64-bit, dark interface. You will not see all visible changes in v8.5, but this work is very important to future of PTE.

- Project options (almost ready). You'll see some changes in this window.

- Slide options (done)

- Preferences (done)

- Video output AV/HD (done)

- Mobile video and Youtube (done)

In fact a half of the code of PicturesToExe will be new in version 8.5.

No one is going to complain about that!!

Well done Igor and team.

DG

I have complain , I wish picture to exe could support Graphic/video card with 64 bit too currently it just work with Video cards up to 128 bit this is for just me is going to complain [of course I know all computers nowadays use powerful video card ]

Hi Eric maybe you are right but I think being open and upfront about cost will avoid some of the negativity surrounding the release of v8. I still hear people complaining about Wnsoft reneging on their promise for free lifetime upgrades, and whilst I have every sympathy for Wnsofts reasons I think they need to be open about this release and "re-build a few bridges". I know of a few who were angry enough to swap to ProShow, which is shooting themselves in the foot as far as I'm concerned, but they are customers Wnsoft can ill afford to loose.

Regards

Geoff

Will 8.5 be a free or paid for upgrade?

Geoff,

Sorry, I missed your question.

The most likely the upgrade to v8.5 will be paid. It will depend on a number of new features.

We'll announce this information together with the first beta version in November-December.