WnSoft Forums

Sunny and hot Creta

d67

New slideshow of shots taken during a visit to Creta during September of this year.
Res: 2050:1594, 5m 09s, and 53 Mb (PC and MAC)
Can be downloaded from www.slideshowclub.com

Creta is a Greek island where, besides omnipresent cats and crickets, there are numerous churches and monasteries, sometimes in very curious and isolated places.

The landscapes are often rather rough and cannot make forget the proximity of the African continent (Libya and Egypt). The contrast between inland and seashore is therefore more striking.

Enjoy this slideshow and feel free to comment it in any way.

Patrick

Magnificent show! Your photography of this amazing place is quite stunning. Now I want to go there. And I especially loved the opening screen! Thank you for sharing this show.

Thank you for your assessment.

Concerning the opening screen, I had some anxiety because the time the screen stays black before the slideshow really begins, is a bit long.

I found why at the very end: the first slide "weighs" 8.5Mb ..... I was a little bit heavy handed!

Patrick

I wonder if it is worth mentioning that as far as I am aware, (members can correct me if I am wrong), there has never been a know virus in a PTE slide show. This slide show has been downloaded 108 times and I think if there was a problem it would be well known by now.

The trouble is, the constant mentioning of computer viruses in the same sentence as PTE can and I am certain does give PTE a reputation is does not deserve.

I can't download creta.exe (Avast antivirus refuse it).

What version of PTE is used ? 8.0.9 ?

Denis

When you say Avast "refuse it" do you mean that it says it has a virus or is it just rejecting it because it is an executable file. Many antivirus programs will flag up an executable file just because it is an executable file especially if it has not had a lot of downloads. I would think if you look hard enough you will find an option to download it anyway and as Barry says if it is a show from a member of this Forum it will be perfectly safe.

Mickp

Avast write "there is a virus"(Win32:Evo-gen) for this slideshow. Of course, it is probably a false positive.

I can download other shows (zip or exe) but not all the slideshows, and one month ago, i have no problems.

Is it important for Wnsoft to know or not ?

If I made a mistake when i write the post, an administrator can delete it.

Denis

Hi Denis

I can't download creta.exe (Avast antivirus refuse it).

What version of PTE is used ? 8.0.9 ?

Denis

My PTE version is 7.5.10

My PC seems "virus free" and my Avira antivirus doesn't signal a problem.

I have sent my slideshow to a hospital collegue and this time I received a message from our Hospital Mc Affee telling me there is a problem... in fact it was just because it is an executable.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi Roger

Thank you for your appraisal

Patrick

Safe Executable File For Internet is "supposed" to cure this kind of problem.

Have you tried that??

DG

Hi Dave

I used the first possibility: executable for PC

Next time I will employ the second one. I must admit that I never paid any attention to this solution.

Patrick

Hi again Dave

I created a slideshow file for internet but I think that the fact that the show is then presented in a repertory and with 2 files, will probably be tricky for a great number of users and some of them will abandon, fearing problems or just because they don't know how to do.

When I give a link to my slideshows for friends, I always pinpoint the fact that it is presented zipped... so, if they have some hesitations (and they are not so seldom!), I explain what it is and what to do.

Patrick

Patrick,

It would be interesting to know if this alternative solves the problem with your / their AV.

Would it be worth trying it with one colleague who would be able to open it??

Just as a trial.????

DG

Dave

I gave the link for the Creta slideshow (normal exe) to about 20 persons (friends, family). They probably each, spread this link further to 2 or 3 other persons... absolutely no virus problem and no problem at all!

Since a bit more then 10 years, I distribute widely numerus of my slideshows as simple exe files and some where downloaded more then 500 times in less then 2 months... absolutely no virus problem and no problem at all!

A few of my slideshows are distributed as educational support in a great number since many years, without any negative feedback concerning virus issues and the last one (July 2013) was a very widely distributed slideshow created for the 40th anniversary of our Medic Helicopter Base... no problem..... but I do not even dare to think of the many messages of assistance which I would have to answer with a repertory/multifile internet certified zipped exe!!!

So, for me, the interest of giving the link of a internet certified exe is therefore very poor.

Anyhow, if you or somebody else will try them, I uploaded this slideshow to Mediafire,

- one as a simple exe

- and the other as a certified exe

Patrick

Patrick,

It is the person who had the problem with the AV who needs to try it?

DG

Sorry Dave, I am not sure to understand your question (there is a "?").

Perhaps it is not a question, just an assert. In that case, of course, Denis (denisb) can try this one... OK until now.

For my case, I tried it more than 100 times without concerns

Patrick

Hello,

I try your link with the certified version.

It's ok. It works. Thank tou

The conclusion is that Avast show a false positive for the exe version and is ok for the certified version.

May be Igor can contact Avast for this false positive ?

Denis

The conclusion is that Avast show a false positive for the exe version and is ok for the certified version.

May be Igor can contact Avast for this false positive ?

Denis

Hi Denis

... and how did you find the slideshow?