WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Original settings

elsebels

Hello,

I've been ticking so much boxes in PTE8 and there's a lot gone.There were numbers on each slide with duration time and slide time and there gone.I would like the original settings back or a handy setting to work with.I'M GETTING CONFUSED!!HELP!

:blink::wacko::(

Hi,

It's not entirely clear what you mean so let's start from the beginning. You say there "were numbers on each slide" - where did you see the slides with these numbers? Was it in the slide list, Objects and Animations preview, the timeline, etc?

Let's start by going to the "Settings" "Preferences" "Toolbars" and put a checkmark beside every choice. Once you have done that then clicked O.K., these will then appear by default on the Slide List.

There are also provisions for making EXIF and Metadata information which may or may not be available in the photo appear in the font and positions chosen. This EXIF and Metadata are automatically placed on a photo by digital cameras, but some editing software has the ability to remove this data when the photo is modified and saved. So if you are referring to information which was originally on your photo and called via the Slide List "Comment" "Insert Text Template" feature, the information which may once have been visible could be missing if the photo has been manipulated in editing software then saved without the EXIF header.

If you could first try ticking all the boxes under "Settings" "Preferences" "Toolbars" and the click O.K. then let's see if you have your original information back. If not, then if you could explain in detail and perhaps provide a sample showing where you expect to see this information, perhaps someone on the forum can help sort it out.

Best regards,

Lin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw5hs20pv9v231o/Schermafdruk%202014-12-22%2021.27.32.png?dl=0

I'm sorry I wasn't so clear.I meant :the pictures in the slidelist have normaly in the right bottom corner the slide duration and in the left upper corner the transition time.I liked it when they were there.

The link above is a printscreen of the boxes I've ticked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb8zyjh29z5qpyt/Schermafdruk%202014-12-22%2021.35.57.png?dl=0

greetings

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi You can customise how you like to see the screen & where the buttons are positioned. See my screen shot, unfortunately for you it is in English. Also you don't need to upload an image to dropbox, just screen capture (print screen) it, convert to JPEG & add to your post. All these are covered in the on-line manual which you can use Google to translate. Then next time you up-grade to a new version, make sure you tick all the boxes in the install exe wizard to save your settings.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-06887600-1419287867_thumb.jp

Thank you yachtsman1 and Lin,

I think there is still a misunderstanding.Hope this shows what I meant.

Yachtsman1:on the screenshot you send me there is ,in the slidelist, the 2e slide:'Corsica to the...' it's the one next to the black one.

It says :AB 2.5 upper left corner and 9.5 lower right corner....That is what I'm refuring to,they are not visible in myPTE.

Thank you for the other tips.

Elsebels

post-6654-0-84697700-1419350527_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi You can customise how you like to see the screen & where the buttons are positioned. See my screen shot, unfortunately for you it is in English. Also you don't need to upload an image to dropbox, just screen capture (print screen) it, convert to JPEG & add to your post. All these are covered in the on-line manual which you can use Google to translate. Then next time you up-grade to a new version, make sure you tick all the boxes in the install exe wizard to save your settings.

Yachtsman1.

attachicon.gifc1.jpg

Thank you yachtsman1 and Lin,

I think there is still a misunderstanding.Hope this shows what I meant.

Yachtsman1:on the screenshot you send me there is ,in the slidelist, the 2e slide:'Corsica to the...' it's the one next to the black one.

It says :AB 2.5 upper left corner and 9.5 lower right corner....That is what I'm refuring to,they are not visible in myPTE.

Thank you for the other tips.

Elsebels

Hi Elsebels

My first screen shot only showed to top half of the customisation screen, this one shows the bottom half with the boxes ticked referring to the items you have missing, AB 2.5 refers to the transition time & 9.5 to the actual slide time.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-22364600-1419359047_thumb.jp

PS DG I believe Elsebels is female. :unsure: