WnSoft Forums

PTE 9 beta testing

tom95521

Igor (or anybody else who might know),

Do we have a new date estimate when beta testing will start? It's something I look forward to every year.

Thanks,

Tom

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2015 at 1:31 AM, Igor Kokarev said:

Hi Tom,

We're working on PicturesToExe 9.0.

Beta version should be ready in 2-3 months.

Thanks for giving the timeframe for version 9.0 

Just for clarification if I purchase the upgrade to version 8 I think it's about $34 when the new version is released I will have to upgrade another time, is that right ? Or you provide a grace period to upgrade to the newer version when released

Thanks

Given the very long time it is taking for version 9 to be released then as MASRAWY suggests a period of grace should be allowed so that people can upgrade to PTE8 and not be out of pocket if they then upgrade to PTE9 in a few months.

Note

Beta build version(s) testing will most likely take a couple of months ... then its to the Release Candidate build(s) ... then to the Final build version. 

* Since v9 is all new core components it will need more through testing than past normal version upgrades. (v5 was all new core components ... testing was extensive if you remember those times)

* Patience and understanding is a requirement to progress to the Final build version.

• 2 months later...
On 25 March 2016 at 11:34 PM, masrawy said:

Thanks for giving the timeframe for version 9.0 

Just for clarification if I purchase the upgrade to version 8 I think it's about $34 when the new version is released I will have to upgrade another time, is that right ? Or you provide a grace period to upgrade to the newer version when released

Thanks

Do we have any further news on this?

I'm looking to upgrade from 7.5 but don't want to pull the trigger just in time to find I have to pay for another upgrade to v9.

After 48 hours I think it is safe for me to reply. This is the last comment from Igor. It has taken much longer to develop PTE 9 than previous versions. I think the develop and release cycle was approximately every year before PTE 9. One can only guess why it has taken much longer. Maybe it was completely rewritten in another programming language. Maybe he has added a Mac slideshow editor. Software release dates are not very accurate. I have been waiting for No Man's Sky to be released in June only to find out it's been delayed until August.

Thank you for your reply Tom.

Seems like it's quite close then which doesn't make me too keen to spend money on v8

The suggestion of a grace period would make good sense under the circumstances.

22 hours ago, Wayland said:

Thank you for your reply Tom.

Seems like it's quite close then which doesn't make me too keen to spend money on v8

The suggestion of a grace period would make good sense under the circumstances.

Wayland, I suggested grace period since highly unlikely will be any update in the current version which include one-year update! 

I learned as in question about the new release is iffy sub subject and you get some weird reply!! ;)

I grow up in Egypt when someone tell you:

one second it means one minute.
one minute > check back in 10 minutes.
in sha'a allah (God willing) > shot up and don't ask again. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Sorry for the delay.

I think Beta version will be ready in 2 weeks or so.

I think for most of us, the insistence on the next version of PTE, is more a sign of our identification with PTE, Wnsoft and its people, than a desire to push, because we know how complex is to rewrite such a good program.

MUR

5 hours ago, tom95521 said:

LOL. I think Igor has forgotten the Scotty Principle.:)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scotty Principle

When I started working as a junior engineer in the department of offers and budgets, they taught me to do my calculations of time and cost, in great detail and revise them until  be sure, then multiply the cost by 2 and time 3. :D

MUR