WnSoft Forums

The next most important features

Igor

Your opinion is very important to find the most important features which should be added now in the next version (or in difficult cases at the nearest releases).

I'd grateful if you could suggest your 3 the most expected new features.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Igor

1) Run app and go to slide...

2) Embed app in the exe (Run embedded app)

3) In "Show first transition effect from desktop" - can you make it also in "out" ? - What I mean is for example, if all my slides are Fade in/out - to see the desktop between slides. This effect can be great for screen savers.

4) Using our images for Navigation Bar buttons and locate the Bar wherever we want.

5) All other I requested and forgot :o

Thank you

Granot

My top three preferences, in descending order of importance to me, would be:

1. Light/dark table display of thumbnails in a folder, so I can sort slides within PTE before moving them into the show.

2. Tabular display of images, timings, and ideally also transition types, as in Alrobin's Adjuster, built into PTE, to make it easier to do individual or block replacements of images, transition lengths, and maybe transition types.

3. Shift-click-and-drag adjustment of blocks of transitions on the sync timeline.

Thanks again for asking! :P:P:P

1. Light/dark table display of thumbnails in a folder, so I can sort slides within PTE before moving them into the show.

2. Tabular display of images, timings, and ideally also transition types, as in Alrobin's Adjuster, built into PTE, to make it easier to do individual or block replacements of images, transition lengths, and maybe transition types.

3. Shift-click-and-drag adjustment of blocks of transitions on the sync timeline.

Rafa

Donostia

Gipuzkoa

Igor,

I would love to see some type of grid (in overlay format) that could be turned on and off as needed while using the Object Editor. This would aid in exact placement of objects, text, etc. The grid could add more flexibility to the Set Position button which is already a part of the Object Editor.

Kind regards,

Bill

I will go along with Bill's Grid idea

bring the help file up to date with the changes that have been incorporated since the last writing -- especially when somebody cant get registered -- Guido and Nobeefstu's tips on registering -- add the latest help file to the forum page so we can direct people to it

ken

Going back years, I have "wanted" in PTE, a nice way to sort thumbnails photos to order the slides. However, I no longer need it for my own use in PTE. I have found the nearly ideal system in Adobe Photo Album 2. For my use, this is the best system I have ever tried. I can go into a catalogue of thousands of photos, select the hundred I need. I can then view only the hundred and sort individually or in groups. I know there are many programs that do similar, but for me, the mechanics in Photo Album 2 seem the best. So, Igor, if you do make a light table sort feature in PTE, I would suggest you look carefully at the features and possible work flow that Photo Album 2 provides. Meanwhile, other forum users may want to give Adobe's program a try if selecting and ordering slides is still the huge time consumer that I have known until recently.

1) A way to look at slides in a directory visually, and move them around to prepare them to put into a show. FWIW, my normal work flow is that AFTER this "organizing step", I usually edit each photo before actually putting it into the show.

2) A way to move around the show at execution time. The current "pause" feature is great, but I also want to go backwards and forwards to any slide (if the show developer permits). Right now backward and forward via the arrow keys is not very functional -- but I want to be able to go to ANY slide. It would be nice if this were combined with an improved nav bar and a built-in menuing system within PTE to eliminate the need for a menu show and the associated sub-shows.

3) Better implementation of the new push and slide transitions so that they are not jumpy. Ideally, this would include "build-ups" with transparent GIF's, so that just text could be pushed or slid. This "build-up" request could possibly conflict with my #2 above, but we can talk about how it should work if you are thinking of doing this.

4) Display of waveforms on the timeline!

Harold

I realize I am over my limit of three ideas, but I forgot to mention more transitions!

I've liked the new ones in 4.20, but could certainly use more of them. Yes, for many shows, cuts and/or fades are all that is necessary, but I like having a much wider pallette.

Harold

Igor,

My wish list in simple words :

1. Light Table to sort pictures

2. Fade out music at end of last slide

3. Zoom In and Out Transition

4. Ken Burms Effect (Pan and Zoom)

That's All.

N.B. : All the above are now available either one or the other in competing products.

Regards

Azmi

OK Igor:

As a long, long time user of P2exe, there are a number of suggestions already mentioned on this forum that I would like to see added..BUT.. the one thing I would really like to see would be a way to resize the photo in the Object Editor and possibly a way to rotate them as well.

Thanks for a wonderful program and your willingness to include the users in the design of future updates.

Bob..

1. Constraints when using the timeline. In the CAD world, we create 3D models that can be modified afterwards by altering dimensions and then "updating" the solid. Often parts are contextually linked to one another so that if one changes, the other does too.

I'd like to see a similar concept used on the timeline. For instance, I want to "fix" or "anchor" slide #32 at 1:18 on the timeline and slide #80 at 4:12. Then I want to drag slide #48 to 2:02, with all the slides in between 32 and 48 spacing themselves equally, and the slides after 48 spacing themselves as well. Like grabbing a spring in the middle and pulling to one end or the other, the coils space themselves evenly. I want to be able to do this multiple locations on the timeline, fixing and unfixing slides as needed.

It can get even more complicated in the CAD world where one feature is represented by a formula based on another feature, but the above sample would be most useful, I think.

2. Preferrably this would be under a sound timeline that shows a waveform, so that I can see just where the beat is that I want to anchor a slide at.

3. Smoother "push" transitions, and add "zoom" (in or out) and pan as well - preferrably able to combine them.

4. I like the option for the mouse pointer to disappear after three seconds (or time of your choice) and reappear when the mouse is moved. Can you make the Nav bar do the same thing?

I second all the requests for a slide table sorting scheme and manipulation of blocks of slides.

I think here is a "bug" that needs to be fixed, and not a new feature as such - when the Nav bar is used with a synchronized slideshow, the pause button becomes "unpaused" when you use the FWD/BACK buttons and the show restarts playing. It should stay paused until you toggle it back to play again.

This is quite a wish list so far - thanks, Igor, for asking!

My top 3 would be:

- tabular view of all input parameters as in a spreadsheet with freedom to change any parameter in the table itself.

- ability to spread the overlay sound file over more than one slide without having it cut off(critical in using PTE in a "presentation" or "tutorial" or "e-book" application).

- either a light-table, or at least an option to show a thumbnail view of each slide in the slide list. In the the latter option it should be possible to toggle the thumbnail view on or off as at times one would have to be able to see as many slides in the list as possible. In the light-table option it would also be handy to be able to "preview" the show, along with music playback as well, right on the light-table, with the appropriate thumbnails being outlined or otherwise identified as the show playback progressed. This would avoid switching back and forth between timeline view and light-table view.

I also agree with Tom K re the "bug" with the nav bar. The action in PTE (with respect to backing-up a show, either synched or non-synched) should be positive, not dependent on being able to react in a certain length of time.

My top 3 would be:

light/dark table with thumbnail of slide

ken burn effect (zoom and pan)

Tom K's suggestion about the ability to move and manipulate slides on the timeline, with the timeline showing the waveform

Thanks for asking.

Joe

My 2 cents...

Several have mentioned the thumbnail sorting option.... maybe it would be too much to include in this program. Igor has already done too much... You all might try another app to do the job but then batch rename (for example) to get them in order for your show. Thats what I do in BreezeBrowser $30. So quick and easy, then make your show.

1. A NUDGE feature using the arrows maybe in the object editor or another way to get those buttons mined up, aligned, etc...

2. In window mode, a way to make the rest of the screen go black (unless we can do this already and I dont know). Like showing a 800x600 windowed show but the rest of the 1024x768 is black.

3. Others already mentioned.

Thanks Igor, you do a wonderful job and I have gotten lots of other professional photographers using PTE. Keep up the great work !!

Paul Alford

Hello Igor, my whish list is:

1 - Resize the photo in the Object Editor

2 - Fade out music at end of last slide

3 - Zoom In and Out Transition

4 - Ken Burms Effect (Pan and Zoom)

Thanks for your wonderful job.

Regards, Carlo.

OK, I too will add my little (!) wish list :

1. Waveform time-line

2. Light table of file and slide lists to sort pictures

3. Resized objects according to screen resolution

I stop here, even if I agree with many other suggestions appeared in this topic.

Thanks Igor, and thanks all of you!

Hi all,

I also would be a fan of the light table but I feel you would need to have a rename option to hold your sequence. Or some way of P2E knowing that the slides follow in that sequence.

As for the wave form I have already said in the other thread, that the waveform is helpful but don't lean on it too hard as it can effect the tempo of your show. Would we like to have thumbnails on the time line also or is the screen enough? Some programmes use both.

In transitions, I feel that each should be used carefully. Just because it's there does not mean it has to be used. The show is the thing not the clever effects. Having said that, at Ian Bateman's show in Dublin on Saturday, we saw many different effects used with stlye and subilty. The pan / zoom was very interesting.

My last wish is for someone to bring the coffee now and then :P

Alan

I also would be a fan of the light table but I feel you would need to have a rename option to hold your sequence. Or some way of P2E knowing that the slides follow in that sequence.

Alan,

If the light table were incorporated into PTE, there would be no need to rename the images - just have PTE arrange them automatically in the "slide list" according to the order selected in the light table, just as we do now in making a show. :)