WnSoft Forums

A Simple Carousel of Images

davegee

The Style produces a Simple Carousel of six images.

Drag Six SQUARE Images into the Slide List and Apply the Style (after importing it).

This wil produce six Slides with the Simple Carousel appearance. Optionally, change the Background to a Light Gray Graduated BG.

Run in Loop Mode.

Carousel2.ptestyle

Demo:

Carousel 2.zip

DG

• Like 1

The Style produces a Simple Carousel of Nine images.

Drag Nine SQUARE Images into the Slide List and Apply the Style (after importing it).

This wil produce Nine Slides with the Simple Carousel appearance. Optionally, change the Background to a Light Gray Graduated BG.

Run in Loop Mode.

Carousel 9.ptestyle

Demo:

Carousel 9.zip

DG

Dave,

I like this Style, but would love to know how you constructed it.

I have followed some of the published tutorials (e.g the ones on Cubes) but am still scratching my head on this one. I fear it is too complex to describe in detail. But if you can point me in the right direction I would be pleased!

Ray Groome

Dave,

I like this Style, but would love to know how you constructed it.

I have followed some of the published tutorials (e.g the ones on Cubes) but am still scratching my head on this one. I fear it is too complex to describe in detail. But if you can point me in the right direction I would be pleased!

Ray Groome

Ray,

Did you get my PM and was it of any help?

DG

• 4 weeks later...

The "Carousel 9" Style was built in a 3:2 Project using SQUARE images.

However, it is possible to use a different combination of Image Aspect Ratios and Project Aspect Ratios by adjusting the size of the master frame for each of the nine slides and re-creating the Style.

For instance the following Style has been optimised for 3:2 Images in a 16:9 Project. Hence the Style name - Nine 3:2 Images; 16:9 Project AR.

Also note that because of the animation, the use of small size frames (stroke lines) around images can cause "shimmering". Please use larger stroke lines or images with no stroke lines. I also recommend a background which is neutral or graduated (not black).

Carousel 932_169.ptestyle

DG

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, LindaMills said:

Just tried to download the carousel style but all I keep getting is a fan style which I'd downloaded previously.  Any suggestions please?

Linda, that happens to me, too.  I found that after importing a style, I just close the window and then exit PTE. Then, re-open PTE and navigate to the style you just downloaded, and apply it and it will work well.  At least that's been my experience so far...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello Dave,

I see in the style that you use object names such as '%reference%-1.5'. I didn't find any information in the user's guide (I may have searched wrong :-) ).
Where can I find information about this name structure?

Best regards

Bernard

Bernard,

If an image is used more than once in a Style it only needs to be indexed once. The indexed version is then named and all non-indexed incidences are “referenced” versions. I will check the OH when I return to base but I think that you are possibly right. Styles will need a major overhaul in the OH for version 10.

DG

Thanks Dave!

I saw your answer on the forum.
I had understood the concept of referenced image, but I wanted to know how to name the image in 'Slide 2' which must refer to an image in 'Slide 1'. For example, if I want to refer to image 5 (index) in 'Slide 1'  I must name it '%reference%-1,5'.  Is that correct?

Bernard

PS: What is 'OH'? :-)

Hi Bernard,

When preparing slides for making a Style the original name of the image is not changed.

The only difference between image 1 in slide 1 and image 1 in slide 2 is that the slide 2 version is not indexed (Properties / Main Image). Creating the Style will automatically rename images with the "reference image" name.

OH = Online Help

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/slide-styles/create

DG

• 6 months later...

Hello everybody,
on my forum, users are actively studying PTE and show the application of various styles. Including those posted on this forum. One style (Carousel2 from DG) caused them difficulties in using photo formats other than 1: 1. I allowed myself to modify the style a little, combining everything in one slide.

Best regards

Paul

Carousel2 (edited).pte