WnSoft Forums

1st Place in NIPA AV Festival 2015

Almark

Hi Folks,

I am really chuffed, my Iceland show won 1st place in the Northern Ireland Photographic Association (NIPA) Audio Visual 2015 Championship, this evening.

My Iceland show then went 'head to head' with winning sequence from the recent Irish Photographic Federation AV Festival and won!

A great success for PTE! The mp4 entries simply didn't do well at all, the file size (about 10X the PTE exe) may have been a problem, but IMHO the fades and transitions are simply not good enough for long slow fades or transitions, e.g. panoramas.

​As I have in the past received useful feedback from members of this forum, I though it only right and proper to post links the my winning show, and thank everyone that helped me make it work. You know who you are!

All photos were taken with the Fuji X-T1, mainly with the 10-24 lens.

Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gb5122ef8p5c3e9/IcelandV5.zip

Mac:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qk1mco371ccs3ae/Iceland_mac.zip

Interesting slideshow, Mark, and congratulations on the win.You captured those waterfalls very well!  And your synching was spot on!   My wife and I were in Iceland last May, and again the end of January.  Very picturesque place! I love the lights of the cities and towns this time of the year too.My only regret was that we weren't able to get closer to the waterfalls, but the colours in the water, and in the ice were very delicate and subtle.By the way, what was the background music used in the AV?  Just curious. I'm having trouble finding suitable for a show of my own.  (However, I wouldn't think of copying the one you used! :)Can someone please tell me what I did wrong here? 

Hi Al,

It's been a while - welcome back!! You didn't do anything "wrong" but if you're wondering why your reply ended up in a bracket with numbers it's possibly because you clicked on "Quote" or "MultiQuote" .... doesn't matter - Hope things are going well...

Bests regards,

Lin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, and thanks for the kind words.

I am going to change a few things, in the hope of improving the sequence. I welcome your feedback before I start recording! My first two recording attempts had a noticeable hiss in the background, which I suspect was my Time Machine backing up, so I have binned them.

I am going to change the tile from "Iceland" to "Photographers' Paradise" and remove the text "Iceland" from the fist slide. The reason for this is (for first time viewers) to make viewers wonder where the photos were taken and only reveal the location at the very end.

I am going to add some narration to the two quiet parts -

1. We covered 2,000 miles in 11 days. Every location was meticulously researched, months in advance, right down to the GPS co-ordinates. We checked Flickr and 500px for inspiration and even overflew each location, using Google Earth.

2. This is a staggering part of the world, unique in its isolation, unsurpassable in its opaque beauty. The photo opportunities were endless, quite simply the island is a photographers' paradise.

The last slide will reveal the location, for those that haven't already worked it out, by including the caption
"Iceland, (big font, to be the same width as the next line in a smaller font size)
a Photographers' Paradise."

All feedback, ideas and suggestions are most welcome.