WnSoft Forums

Following object movement with audio balance?

tom95521

Hi,

Before I spend time experimenting has anybody tried mixing 2 audio tracks that have the same sounds but only one channel (left or right)? I assume audacity can export a 2 channel sound into a 1 channel sound. Both audio tracks are imported into PTE and then when the object moves from horizontal position A to horizontal position B you fade the 2 channels in the PTE sound editor to follow the object.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi,

Before I spend time experimenting has anybody tried mixing 2 audio tracks that have the same sounds but only one channel (left or right)? I assume audacity can export a 2 channel sound into a 1 channel sound. Both audio tracks are imported into PTE and then when the object moves from horizontal position A to horizontal position B you fade the 2 channels in the PTE sound editor to follow the object.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom

Quick answer as far as Audacity is concerned, yes, moving them into PTE, don't know. Off 2 bed now, any more questions on Audacity, just ask.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-05435700-1431555599_thumb.jp

Hi Tom,

I use the technique you describe in one slideshow for a car.

In audacity, i take my audio clip and split left channel and right channel, and make two stereo audio clip, one with original left channel and soundless right channel, the other with soundless left channel and original right channel.

Denis

Hi Tom,

I use the technique you describe in one slideshow for a car.

In audacity, i take my audio clip and split left channel and right channel, and make two stereo audio clip, one with original left channel and soundless right channel, the other with soundless left channel and original right channel.

Denis

:Hi Denis,

Thanks for verifying it works. I just have to develop a slideshow that utilizes this feature.

Tom

Hi Tom

with this plugin for Audacity I think it is more easy

Regards

Chris

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyquist_Effect_Plug-ins#Panning_.28random.29

Ramp Panning

(panramp.ny) View | Download

Author: David R.Sky

Evenly pan your stereo audio, starting at one point in the stereo field and ending at another. -10 corresponds to 100% left, 0 to center and +10 to 100% right.

Parameters:

1. Start position: from [where -10 - +10, default -10]
  2. End position: from [where -10 - +10, default +10]

That would be cool to have 8 channels. 4 in front (top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right) and 4 in back the same. I think PTE needs to support multichannel audio first (without having to separate in audacity).

Tom

Hi Tom

I don't know how to define and modify left and right channels in PTE, in timeline I see both channels mixed, even for stereo sounds, I use Audacity for that, if somebody knows how to do it in PTE, please tell me.

MUR