WnSoft Forums

Shift Click sound clips

I often use 10 to 20 sound clips on a track. If I delete one near the beginning I have to drag one at a time to replace the space. Not sure I've missed something, but it would be nice if I could click and drag all the sound files in the timeline at one time, shift click the lot. Is this already there and I'm missing it?

Thank You for taking a moment.

Jeff Lunt

Hi Jeff,

I'm going to have to double check this, but if you delete a song somewhere in a single track, I "think" the following songs should automatically close up the gap. This isn't the case if they or perhaps any are on separate tracks. I'll try this and get right back...

Later: Yes, that's the way it works on my system. If all the music mp3's are in a single track and you delete one somewhere in the middle (between song one and the last song) they close up the gap automatically.

Could it be that you are talking about multiple tracks rather than selections on a single track?

Lin

Jeff,

If you remove an audio clip in the Project Options window, the following audio clips on the same track will replace that space (gap).
Also in the timeline view if you hold Shift key and drag'n'drop an audio clip the following audio clips also will be moved.

Lin and Igor...thanks for the prompt replies. Lin...it didn't work, but it doesn't matter as Igor got it for me. Thanks to both of you.

The SHIFT CLICK I was confused about as in Windows I have to click the first and last files that I want to move. In PTE it is easier as you only need to click the first file and drag. Easier is always better, I just needed a little help from the pros. Thanks guys.

All the best to you.

Jeff

Lin...it must have been something with my system or I don't have something ticked as to why the delete mp3 file and the rest move to fill the space didn't work. I do believe that is a run on sentence there, but grammar wasn't my best subject. Musicians always think art is all that matters. I have since found out that I may have been very wrong now that I need health care.

Thanks for being there,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I doubt that it has anything to do with not having something "ticked," but perhaps some anomaly in the system or OS which is responsible. I've been testing on my XP and I'll try it on my Win 8.1 and also on my Win 7 notebook and see if it works on those as well. The important thing is that you are able to move them as a group even if by click/drag, but it would be nice to find out why there are differences in how it works on different systems.

I'll get back as soon as I have a chance to ring it out on a couple other systems. By the way, the sentence structure is fine! LOL - the important thing with language is that those communicating understand each other. I never was a stickler for grammar myself - HA!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks again Lin....I am using Win7 as I am satisfied with it. Like the old saying..."If it ain't broke"

Hey, did you get to NM or are you still in Colorado? I am totally sick about the mess on the Animas River. Totally destroying so much beauty and

so many lives are harmed...animal and people. Greed is killing so much. Sorry to get on the old soap box, but I love the land more than money.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I think Win 7 is probably the pick of the litter right now - I agree. I'm still using Win XP on my development system but I have Win 7 on one notebook and Win 8.1 on my latest system.

I'm still in Colorado right now. I wanted to move this summer but finances have kept me here until I can finish getting my place here fixed up to sell and get rid of lots of household junk. It's coming along, but much more slowly than I had hoped.

It's a damned shame about the EPA causing the spill, but there are so many old mines with similar potential hazzards in the US that it's bound to happen again. It just takes too many years for mother nature to fix the mess that humans create .... sad....

Best regards,

Lin