WnSoft Forums

To be or not to be

Ghulya

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

It's been about 2 1/2 years since version 8 was released. Besides a dark photoshop user interface and maybe 64 bit slideshow player is there more you can tell us about version 9? New editing interface?

Thanks,

Tom

It just seems like forever. I should not try to eat food and do math at the same time.

Maybe it is normal for software evolution to increase duration between major versions. For a long time we were getting major version releases every year. Eventually there will be a final version that has all features one could possibly expect from slideshow software.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi,

Please don't worry, the new version 9.0 will be published (at least as a Beta version) in this year.

Version 9.0 is a keypoint in developement of PicturesToExe like version 5.0 in the past.

We're rewriting a lot of the old code to make PicturesToExe cross-platform (for future Mac version and 64-bit versions). We're creating the new system of objects. It also will allow us easily add new features for in future versions. New the Objects and animation editor.

In several previous versions we added new features, in v9.0 we wrote the new core of PicturesToExe.

There is no serious problem, only a lot of work. But we're close to the beta version.

Thanks for your patience!

Let's be gentlemen patients.
Do not you think that we are spoiled and that the expensive Igor and his team have done a great job and the days are coming, PTE will have first-rate innovations ...

Celou

Hi,

Thanks for the update. It will be a nice holiday present to play with a new version. Actually I am about a year from retirement and I hope to have more time for travel and photography.

Thanks,

Tom

• 1 month later...

There are many drivers and pilots who are perfectly happy using older vehicles. There are some of us who enjoy living near the leading edge of technology. They are the test drivers and pilots who enjoy pushing buttons. I think if you lived in California you would understand.

If you had the choice of driving a Ford model T or a Tesla which one would you want to drive?

Tom

We used to sit at the drive-in theater making out in old cars. Is that what you mean? Then my best friend got a little red sports car convertible. I think it was a Triumph. Weeeee! That was fun! It zipped and purred and so did we!

I bet PTE 9 will zip and purr too.

LOL - A "Triumph," especially a TR3 would be the primo vehicle of choice for a worried dad when his little girl was going to a drive-in movie with her boyfriend! About the only "safer" car might have been an Austin Healey Sprite or an MG Midget!

No backseat to get in trouble in and a really tight fit in the little bucket seats. Besides, the TR3's doors were cut so low that it was actually possible to hang an arm out the side with the window down and touch the ground with your fingers. Lots of zip and purring is allowed! HA!

For Barry - depending on the model, a Tesla Roadster has zero to sixty miles per hour capability in 3.7 seconds and over 225 mile range on a fully charged set of batteries (it's all electric). In the USA charges are free for life with charging stations currently being built all across the USA. It's also one of the best constructed passenger vehicles in the world. It's built in Fremont, Ca with headquarters in Menlo Park, California.....

So PTE appeals to a wide variety of users. Some - like some automobile owners just want a "vehicle" to get from point A to point B efficiently and quickly. It's the destination which is important. To others, the journey is more important than the destination. Fortunately, PTE is a product which has wide appeal so the next great version is anxiously awaited especially by those to whom the journey is as important or more so than the destination I think..

Best regards,

Lin

Drive in theater: They were gone around 1970 before I started driving.

PTE 8 is what I consider to be a Ford Model T. It's reliable but has not changed in about 2 years. Some users are perfectly happy with this version.

PTE 9 is what I hope will be a Tesla. A revolutionary advancement in technology.

Tom

LOL Tom - actually there are still a few Drive-In Movies operating in northern California... Concord, San Jose and Sacramento still have one along with one each in Glendale and Santa Barbara in southern California. We still have a few in Colorado too...

http://www.westwinddi.com/

This site say there are still 338 Drive-In Movies still in the USA..

http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/drivein-theater-open-find-location

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

LOL - A "Triumph," especially a TR3 would be the primo vehicle of choice for a worried dad when his little girl was going to a drive-in movie with her boyfriend! About the only "safer" car might have been an Austin Healey Sprite or an MG Midget!

No backseat to get in trouble in and a really tight fit in the little bucket seats. Besides, the TR3's doors were cut so low that it was actually possible to hang an arm out the side with the window down and touch the ground with your fingers. Lots of zip and purring is allowed! HA!

Best regards,

Lin

I remember coming back from the motor show at Earles Court in London in my 1958 Ford Zephyr 6 & pacing a TR could have been a 2 up the newly opened M1 at around 100mph before the 70MPH limit came in, incidentally the early TR's had the 4 cylinder engine from the Standard Vanguard. My first open topped sports car was an Austin Healy frog eyed Sprite that had had the engine tweaked & twin choke weber carbs fitted, then I had two MGB's one of which was a convertible shed with the aluminium bonnet (hood), then a GT that was rotting away. Next came a Triumph Spitfire, but that didn't last long. I've forgotton the worst one, an Austin Metropolitan convertible that I part exchanged for the Zephyr. I was travelling in the Metropolitan to Woodvale near Southport to watch the American drag racers, called at a mates in Bolton to collect him & couldn't open the cars door, the chassis had rotted away & the body had sagged, that went back to the dealer PDQ. Happy days. Too wet for drive ins in the UK.

Eric

Yachtsman1