WnSoft Forums

Upload to Youtube

LumenLux

For several years now, uploading to Youtube from within PTE has worked well most of the time. Now, on most recent three occasions, upload from within PTE never shows up in my Youtube account. PTE processes and gives me the check mark that all was successful. I then have to use my Youtube account to upload the mp4 file that PTE created but that never reached Youtube. Any answers/solutions or ideas what has changed?

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi LL

I stopped using PTE's uploader some time ago as it created an account that I couldn't access. I don't know why it did it, but I lost about 10 uploaded shows, so I stopped. For the last 2 years & 100+ shows I've used my own YT account. This has been mentioned on here some time ago. Maybe others will report if it works for them, for me it doesn't. Maybe it would be simpler & less dangerous if PTE allowed the uploader to use their own YT details rather than create new ones.

Regards

Yachtsman1

I also have problems uploading from PTE to YouTube as it seems to have difficulty accepting my user name and password that I use for YouTube. As Eric says "don't know why" so for a few extra clicks it's easier to upload directly.

Mickp

Yes I agree with the previous posts, Utube uploader within PTE has some issues and I have stopped using it also. It is important for me to be able to upload correctly because I use a 'Widget' to embed my slide shows from Utube into my web site. Therefore I use my Utube account to do the initial upload.

Hi,

We know about this problem.

Google requires to use 2-Step Verification to allow external applications upload to YouTube.

Please read here:

https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

I just successfully created and uploaded a test show to YouTube directly from PicturesToExe.

In the next version 9.0 we'll add a hint (a text message) in case of such problem to help users.

Thanks everyone.

Igor - If my Google settings do not require two-step-verification, should PTE be able to upload to Youtube OK, even now? I am wondering if perhaps Google/Youtube makes more frequent internal changes as they seem to do with restricting downloads. Also, quote from Google:

Keep sign-in simple

During sign-in, you can choose not to use 2-Step Verification again on that particular computer. From then on, that computer will only ask for your password when you sign in.

You'll still be covered, because when you or anyone else tries to sign in to your account from another computer, 2-Step Verification will be required.

If I am using my normal, home computer, and I choose not to use 2-step; it seems Youtube should accept the PTE upload?

I have several Google accounts. First one with 2-step verification works fine with PicturesToExe and YouTube. The second account (without 2-step verification) doesn't work for YouTube from PicturesToExe.

I highly recommend you to use 2-step verification. It's one time setup which gives you more safety and protects your Google account. It really doesn't bother you once you configured your PC and mobile devices.

Thank you Igor. It seems you are saying PTE and Youtube are more likely to work WITH 2-step verification. I will attempt again making sure 2-step is again in place. But as several long-time users report having similar problems, is there something we may be missing as we try use PTE to upload successfully?

Guest Yachtsman1

Thank you Igor. It seems you are saying PTE and Youtube are more likely to work WITH 2-step verification. I will attempt again making sure 2-step is again in place. But as several long-time users report having similar problems, is there something we may be missing as we try use PTE to upload successfully?

I should be careful LL when I did that I lost access to my original account.

Regards Eric

yachtsman1.

Maybe Igor, you can give some of us some diagnostic hints to apply to our pc's that are having problems with PTE uploading to Youtube? The more I try to solve this, the more I am concerned, and am not sure a "hint" in the next version is going to solve anything. Or maybe we should understand what that "hint" is going to be and see if it helps in current version.

Following your post about "2-step" verification to Google/Youtube, I have tried that both on my existing Google accounts and on a new "clean" account created just for testing. No matter what account, and no matter if 2-step or not. I can not get PTE to upload to my Youtube account. Outside of PTE, the same Youtube accounts accept all my uploads, with or without 2-step verification. I think it may also be important or helpful to note - for many months in the past, my uploads from within PTE worked fine, with no problem. I think it would be important to solve this with current versions of PTE. Please let me know if I can help with any testing, etc.