WnSoft Forums

Cut-off Markers don't change with duration change

ckirbysr

Using the cut-off markers frequently to start and end the showing of a photo in a slide. I have noticed that they do not change when I change the duration of a slide.

to move them manually is not difficult. Although I would be nice not to have to move them every time a duration change is made. Any assistance would be welcome,

Terry

post-5583-0-71539900-1442095676_thumb.pn

post-5583-0-09078700-1442095632_thumb.pn

Terry,

The positions that you have highlighted are determined by the transition times of the current slide and the following slide. If Key Frames are placed on these points then the result of a change of Slide Duration is determined by the setting of "Scale key frames in objects (on time change)" in Slide Options / Main Tab.

Search for information on these topics in the Online Help.

DG

Dave,

I am not sure that we are understanding each other. When a slide is created there are two rods at the beginning and end of that slide. The one that is visible always is blue. Under it is a green rod. The green rod is the start of the slide. And will not move. The Blue rod on top of it will move, and controls when a photo will show and not show within a given frame. The grey bar is the transition length and appears to have nothing to do with the blue rods.

If you move the blue rod at the beginning of a frame in, the photo in that frame will not show until the time it is set to. the same with the one at the end. Slide it in and the photo will not show beyond that point.

once you have set these and wish to change the duration of that slide, the do not move accordingly.

there is a demo attached to better show what I am trying to explain.

Terry

cut-off.zip

If you place one or both on a "Cardinal Point" it sticks and will move with a change of Slide Duration.

If they are not on "Cardinal Points" then the behaviour is different.

The behaviour is not related to the setting of "Scale key frames in objects (on time change)".

DG

Using the cut-off markers frequently to start and end the showing of a photo in a slide. I have noticed that they do not change when I change the duration of a slide.

to move them manually is not difficult. Although I would be nice not to have to move them every time a duration change is made. Any assistance would be welcome,

Hello Terry,

Thanks for your message!

I confirm that it's problem in PicturesToExe. If "Scale key frames in objects (on time change)" is choosed, time range values also should be corrected automatically on change of a slide duration.

We don't want to fix this problem in current version 8.0.x, because it's a serious change in the code of the program and it requires long testing.

We'll fix this problem in future v9.0.