WnSoft Forums

Animate over several slides

davegee

Here's a Style which shows that it is possible to create a Style which will animate an Image over several slides.

Add a single image to the Slide List and Apply the Style. You can vary the slide duration of the GROUP of slides but not indivdual slides in the group because the rate of zoom will then change.

Zoom6Slides.ptestyle

More info on Slide styles:

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/slide-styles/main

DG

P.S. Here is the same Style with Transitions.

Zoom6Slideswith2Trans.ptestyle

DG

The topic of linking and animating images across slides has been addressed here in a thread from 2011. It is far more complex than what is provided in these styles. These styles (more or less) do what davegee has described in the same tread, see here , and in my opinion it is not a very useful concept. A tricky workaround has been provided by Jean-Cyprien (here), but it is not that comfortable to use. In 2011 the feature had been on Igor's to-do-list (here), a long time ago :(

Regards,

jt

"a Style which will animate an Image over several slides" (with or without Transitions).....

....it does what it says on the tin..... :) ...... it animates a background image over several slides and allows for foreground objects to be added (and Animated) in individual slides.

Can we not each have different ways of acheiving the same goal? We don't have to make calculations using Exel etc etc etc.....PTE will provide the necessary calculations. We have to apply them, until Igor provides this feature and I, for two, would welcome it.

In the meantime I just enjoy a challenge.

The Video approach would also, I am sure, work equally well, but I have my usual reservations about quality and file size.

DG

Hi Dave,

You're right, there's more than one way to "skin a cat." Each way of a work-around has it's strengths and weaknesses. The strength of converting a single animated slide to video is that it's easy to change any parameter at any time or place such as color, opacity, blur, zoom or pan etc., with minimal effort because you're working on only a single entity. The down side as you discussed is primarily size. I don't think "quality" is greatly affected if this is being used as a backdrop across multiple slides but using a master video does indeed greatly increase size of an executable show. On the other hand, it actually adds nothing to the size of a video conversion because each frame including individual slides and backdrop still constitute only a single frame.

The up side of doing it via the style is quality, but the down side is flexibility. In order to effect any changes in opacity, color, size, etc., it must be done on a per slide basis which is more time consuming. Also changing the duration of individual slides becomes problematic.

Best regards,

Lin

I think that we will probably have to agree to disagree over the flexibility point :)

It depends how your tailor you master Style for any particular project.

However, I will agree that what would improve the application of Styles (Batching) would be a degree of "additive" behaviour. I think that is could be possible, but as usual the folk round here will want more, more, more. :)

DG

Hi Dave,

in my opinion, you present a solution in a situation where there isn't a problem. Let us look at a typical situation where I would like to see an image that can be linked and animated across slides:

Think of an image that performs slow movements (e.g. pans and zooms) over a period of (say) three minutes. Now think of this image as background or (kind of) stage for a presentation of changing arrangements (collages) of small images, partially animated. Add some music and perform the changes of images using slide transitions (in oder to do a good synchronization of image changes and the beats of the music). So you will see about 30 slides or more, not all having the same duration.

With an AV tool that uses parallel tracks, the situation is easy. You can freely handle the common background in a single track. All other images will live on other tracks on top of the background.

In PTE the situation is difficult as the background has to be inserted into each slide, and therefore a free animation of changing pans and zooms over the full period of three minutes causes trouble. So the video solution isn't that bad: You first program just the animated background using a single slide with a duration of three minutes, and export it as a video. In your final show you link this video through all your 30 slides. Of course you could also use the method of Jean-Cyprien, but it would be a hard job.

There are other situations where linking of images would be fine, e.g. if you work with partial dissolves, it would be fine to have images that start animations somewhere in the middle of a slide and that end somewhere (say) two slides later.

Best regards,

jt

Thanks for your Kind words.

I now look forward to your next (or should that be FIRST) Contribution to this forum.

All that I have seen from you so far in your many roles and alter egos is criticism without examples.

I don't suppose that will change any time soon.

I might put a warning on anything I post in future to the effect that it (whatever it might be) is not for the Ultra Advanced workers such as yourself.

Best wishes,

DG

... I now look forward to your next (or should that be FIRST) Contribution to this forum. All that I have seen from you so far in your many roles and alter egos is criticism without examples ,,,

The discussion now has reached the level of personal offense. My (only) alter ego who definitely finished posting in 2013 (the same time when fh1805 stopped posting) perhaps would have continued this discussion. jt does not :)

Regards

jt