WnSoft Forums

Pictures to Exe crashes/switches off when try to publish show

cmmatthews

I have had a number of problems with Pictures to Exe de lux V 8. After a lot of trouble I managed to publish slide shows with videos in the form to use on a computer but when I tried to produce a HD video format to upload to a website, when I was using Windows 7 the program crashed and switched off sometimes causing a blue error screen.

I've now changed to Windows 10 and the program still won't complete the production of a video and switches off saying it has encountered a problem. However the computer remained switched on.

What can I do about this, has anyone got any idea what can be causing this problem?

I have 16 gb of RAM.

Guest Yachtsman1

I have had a number of problems with Pictures to Exe de lux V 8. After a lot of trouble I managed to publish slide shows with videos in the form to use on a computer but when I tried to produce a HD video format to upload to a website, when I was using Windows 7 the program crashed and switched off sometimes causing a blue error screen.

I've now changed to Windows 10 and the program still won't complete the production of a video and switches off saying it has encountered a problem. However the computer remained switched on.

What can I do about this, has anyone got any idea what can be causing this problem?

I have 16 gb of RAM.

There has been some discussion recently on here about Windows 10 problems. Your problem sounds like hardware, what are the full details of your PC, Video card etc.?

Yachtsman1.

Intel Core i5 3570 Processor Overclocked to up to 4.5 GHz

Asus P8Z68-V LE Motherboard

16 GB DDR3 Memory 4 x 4gb sticks

120 GB Corsair Force 3 Solid State Drive

3 x 2000 GB 7200 RPM Hard Disk

Xigmatek Premium Grade 500W PSU

Chillblast AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 mb Graphics Card

I would mention I have also had a problem with Lightroom, but that has improved since I moved the scratch memory and increased its size.

The machine seems to run better on Windows 10.

Guest Yachtsman1

Intel Core i5 3570 Processor Overclocked to up to 4.5 GHz

Asus P8Z68-V LE Motherboard

16 GB DDR3 Memory 4 x 4gb sticks

120 GB Corsair Force 3 Solid State Drive

3 x 2000 GB 7200 RPM Hard Disk

Xigmatek Premium Grade 500W PSU

Chillblast AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 mb Graphics Card

I would mention I have also had a problem with Lightroom, but that has improved since I moved the scratch memory and increased its size.

The machine seems to run better on Windows 10.

Just one other thing, how much free space is there on your C drive?

Yachtsman1.

Can you give us some details of a typical project which crashes?

What is the size (in Mb) of the project? Create a Template or a Backup in ZIP and read off the size in Mb of the folder or Zip File.

How many JPEGs, Videos, Audio Files etc?

Have you reduced your JPEG files to the bare minimum required for the project e.g. 1920x1080 is all that you need for a static image in a show if you are outputting in HD (1920x1080) format.

Are you using WAV or mp3 Audio files?

Do you have any video in the project - have you converted the video in PicturesToExe?

It sounds like a resources problem because of your past experiences with other software.

Try creating a number of test versions of your project - Leave out the Video and / or Audio - does it work with just the JPEGs?

Try starting a new project with just 10 or so JPEGs (1920x1080) and try to create the HD mp4.

Try 100 JPEGs (1920x1080) and try to create the HD MP4.

Add some mp3 Audio and try to create the HD MP4.

Add a properly converted avi / mp4 and try to create the HD MP4.

Start from a positive position and work your way up to the position where it fails and then analyse what you did to make it fail.

DG

2 things I would check.

Overclock to 4.5 Ghz? Overclocking is pushing the hardware limits on device timing and overheating and can be unstable. Video encoding is cpu intensive.

Graphics card driver? Is it he default driver or downloaded from AMD?

Tom

I would recommend you to first follow davegee's post #6 above to create your video in progressive steps to verify there is not any issues with your resource files.

Try smaller HD resolution output video presets and work your way up to higher resolutions and verify Published results.

1- Which Publish feature are you using to output your video ? HD Video, Publish to YouTube, or other ?

2- Presets or Custom output setting used ?

* Your CPU overclocking and whatever other hardware is possibly overclocked (GPU, V Core, Memory, etc.) could also invite the issues you are experiencing .... especially the blue screen shutdowns which commonly indicate hardware/drivers issues. Even your 500W power supply might be a limiting factor in your overclocking demands. I dont know the power supply specs and what other overclocking has been performed.

I was able to publish the show as an exe file but when I attempted to publish a HD video show of the same show the program stopped working and had to close. However, so far I haven't had the blue screen since changing to Windows 10. The overclocking was performed when Ii purchased the computer. If that could be an issue how can it be resolved?

I was able to publish the show as an exe file but when I attempted to publish a HD video show of the same show the program stopped working and had to close.

Have you tried to Publish the project following davegee's suggestions?

First Tests:

Publish your HD Video project using alot less images and wihout added sound and without added video ... then increase in steps to the total image count. Try different resolution preset settings. Verify the published HD Video(s)

Second Tests:

Then try adding in your music/sound resources. Verify the published HD Video(s) ( step by step as above if necessary)

Third Tests:

Then try adding video resources if applicable to your project. Verify the published HD Video(s)

** The above are testing steps to see what may prevent the process and where your video fails complete compilation. Lets first see if you can produce smaller HD video project outputs ... then move up to full size like your original EXE project.

However, so far I haven't had the blue screen since changing to Windows 10

Windows 10 may be intercepting the issue before it becomes a fatal blue screen termination. Check your Windows Event files in computer management.

The overclocking was performed when Ii purchased the computer. If that could be an issue how can it be resolved?

I would not worry too much about this at the moment ... since your PC is working in most instances. Your ASUS board has Bios settings that reveal and control the overclocking process. Also the ASUS boards have some slide switches on the mainboard that can control limited preset clocking and additional preset boost senarios. Different model boards have different board switches.

*I suggest you download from ASUS your motherboard user pdf and locate/seewhat board switches may/maynot have been applied before entering any BIOS changes. Its may be just in the mainboard switches position and be only lite duty changes ... and not from the BIOS with heavy duty changes.

*Your Intel i5-3570 is a locked processor (non-K model) and will have basic/limited overclocking capabilites as specified by the mainboard BIOS features.

*Intel K model processors are unlocked (such as i5-3570K model) and have a full array of overclocking possibilites specified by the mainboard BIOS features.