WnSoft Forums

Christmas is Cancelled

davegee

This post has been withdrawn because of what amounts to yet another very sad personal attack which has been brought to my attention.

Furthermore I have decided to withdraw from the Forum temporarily (?).

I can deal with aggravation in my private life and I can deal with aggravation in this forum. However both at the same time is more than I want.

I wish you all a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

I propose that this forum should hold a Christmas 2015 Slide Show Competition.

The brief is this: The only stipulation is that the attached Audio File be used in its entirety as part of the Audio for the slide show.

The Audio track is as Copyright free as I can make it unless Herr Gruber has any objections or issues?

The track is 2m 09s long and the show should not exceed that time.

Shows should be uploaded to Slideshowclub (not Youtube) by (around) 15th December and I will see if I can apprehend a prestigious Judge(s) for the ruling by December 24th.

Who's up for it??

attachicon.gifSilent Night 192.mp3

The track is 192KBPS - if anyone wants a 256 or 320 let me know and I will put one in DropCubicle.

DG

I would have been, I'm always keen to enter a well thought out comp'. However, having spent an hour or so thinking about the rules, IMO it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Reasons

1. The main one is the track we have to use, that must be the worst rendition of Silent Night i've ever heard.

2. Next the condition that it has to be up-loaded to Slideshow Club, that really cuts down the number of possible entries.

3. Cutting out YouTube & I assume Vimeo means missing out on a lot of potential publicity for PTE.

3. Finally, I'm always dubious about unknown judges, In my opinion using the forum poll facility would have been a much better way & could involve all members even if they hadn't entered.

Yachtsman1. :(

Not sure how to reconcile the above two postings. Is DG's post relating to Yachtsman's rejection of the competition or are they separate events? Dave, if you posting is in fact genuine, then for me I am very sorry that you are leaving. You have made a very major contribution to both this forum and to the overall development of PTE. Without your many contributions, we would be much the poorer.

Hi Dave.

This is my very personal opinion: It is not possible that we all agree on everything, sometimes language is not the best, but it is a reality with which we live.
Cancel a proposition, without hearing sufficient opinions seems rushed. I like the idea proposed.
MUR

Hi Dave

I am very sorry to hear that you may be withdrawing from the forum. I do not post very often and the number of posts i make are disproportionate to the time I have been a member.

Nevertheless there is not a day goes by without me having a look at topics in the forum. I personally feel that I have learned so much from following your postings and you replies to others who have sought help.

I have also learned more about styles by looking at the ones you have created and shared. I for one will certainly miss your participation in the forum.

I only hope that you may reconsider your position or that you will come back to the forum at some time in the future.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Gogs.

Hi Dave, please don't abandon us, your presence here means a lot.

Without you, LIn, and a handful of others, this forum might as well fold up the tent and go home.

All the best, and please reconsider, Robert.

Dave,

I've been there, and for similar reasons, too. Everybody needs, occasionally, to step back from the things they enjoy and take stock of just what is important to them. As you observed, you don't need hassle from the forum. None of us do; we can get all the hassle we ever want from all the other aspects of our lives.

When I dropped out of the forum you seemed to step up to the plate and fill the void. Perhaps it is now time for somebody else to fill the void that your absence will create. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the Christmas and New Year festivities if your personal circumstances permit. Let your batteries recharge for a month or two and then see how you feel about things. I suspect you will be back, but possibly operating more as a watcher than contributor - just as I now do.

regards

Peter

Dave

Sometimes some situations and some people are best ignored.

Try to get things in proportion and take the positives - it's obvious just how much support there is for your work and contributions to this forum.

Hope to see you back sooner rather than later.

Regards

wideangle

Hi Dave...I have an awful temper and would be glad to smack whomever is bugging you...except your partner of course. Kidding you...my way of getting through the not so pleasant times. I only drop by once in a while so I don't know what happened but you have certainly been a prominent member. Like others have said, take a rest and I'm sure we will all welcome you back.

All the best to you,

Jeff Lunt

mber 2015 - 05:25 PM

davegee, on 02 Dec 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:snapback.png

I propose that this forum should hold a Christmas 2015 Slide Show Competition.

The brief is this: The only stipulation is that the attached Audio File be used in its entirety as part of the Audio for the slide show.

The Audio track is as Copyright free as I can make it unless Herr Gruber has any objections or issues?

The track is 2m 09s long and the show should not exceed that time.

Shows should be uploaded to Slideshowclub (not Youtube) by (around) 15th December and I will see if I can apprehend a prestigious Judge(s) for the ruling by December 24th.

Who's up for it??

attachicon.gifSilent Night 192.mp3

The track is 192KBPS - if anyone wants a 256 or 320 let me know and I will put one in DropCubicle.

DG

I would have been, I'm always keen to enter a well thought out comp'. However, having spent an hour or so thinking about the rules, IMO it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Reasons

1. The main one is the track we have to use, that must be the worst rendition of Silent Night i've ever heard.

2. Next the condition that it has to be up-loaded to Slideshow Club, that really cuts down the number of possible entries.

3. Cutting out YouTube & I assume Vimeo means missing out on a lot of potential publicity for PTE.

3. Finally, I'm always dubious about unknown judges, In my opinion using the forum poll facility would have been a much better way & could involve all members even if they hadn't entered.

Yachtsman1. :(

Dave,

I read the forum almost every day, and know how much you attribute to it.

Don't let some person get the best of you. You can see on the comments how much people appreciate al the work you do on the forum.

I hope that the aggravation in your personal live will be over soon, and that you will come back to the forum before long.

Happy Holidays,

Bert