WnSoft Forums

Lightroom opens when I preview my slideshow

Autumn36

I installed P2E 8 Deluxe yesterday and made my first slideshow.

I followed Yatchsmans basic videos 1-7 on You Tube and found them very informative, particularly the settings. 

I set my editor to be Adobe Lightroom but when I preview my slideshow, Lightroom opens up immediately.

I have now removed Adobe Lightroom from the Settings, Preferences, Set Graphical Editor, but it still opens up on previewing the slideshow even though I have closed and restarted P2E.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Autumn 36

I don't use this function in PTE so it's going to be a learning curve for me trying to change what you have set. It sounds like your system is retaining the settings you have made even after removing LR. The easiest method I think would be to uninstall PTE & re-install without retaining your settings. There used to be 2 tick boxes which were either ticked or unticked in the installation process. I always retain my settings. Have you looked at the on-line help file, see    http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/main_menu/preferences?s[]=graphical&s[]=editor .

Have you tried emptying your cache memory after removing LR then re-starting PTE? Have you cleared your cookies after removing LR?

Which Operating system are you using W7?

Are you adding an alternative to LR when you have removed it.

Maybe someone who has had a similar problem will be more specific.

Yachtsman1.

ge1.jpg

First of all let me thank you for your excellent video tutorials.  They were just what I wanted to get started.  I used to use ProShow Producer, but after a reinstall of my computer, it would not work, so I have upgraded to P2E 8.

I would also like to thank you for your speedy response.  Well suddenly Lightroom has stopped opening up when I do a preview!  So that is solved.

I'll press on with a vew more tutorials.

Don't get too excited, because I have a couple of other issues which it might be easier for you to answer for me than me trawling through the tutorials.

Barry was showing a "Light Box" view (which I seem to remember was on ProShow Professional), but I couldn't see how he got to it. 

Also I can reorder my slides when they are displayed across the bottom of the screen, but they still stay the same in the vertical view on the left - should they?  I think I should be able to reorder them in Light Box view.

Guest Yachtsman1

We'll have to stop meeting like this^_^

From your latest questions I get the impression you haven't consulted the official help files? Whilst I don't mind helping if you are really stuck, but those latest questions are basic & easy to find yourself. So with that in mind, for light box read toggle full screen view. For the L/H vertical view, see settings, file list sort order & scroll down to which version you want them to be seen, you can't change them to your own ordered choice. You can see which slide has been chosen as the name will go to bold, unless you are using it as a child slide. See the screen shot.

Yachtsman1,sl1.jpg.85ef2fea2576c1ff51dc1326c0634fd8