WnSoft Forums

Jpeg error 41

cici

Hi eveybody

sometimes, when working with my pictures and saving them as Jpeg files, Jpeg files are corrupted (I believe that they are saved as ‘audio files’).

Each time I fall upon one of these corrupted files when working with P2E, I receive this error message: Jpeg error 41, preventing me from going on. The only thing I can do is to close the program by “Ctrl + alt + delete” and all the work is lost.

1) – Somebody can explain me why Jpeg files are corrupted and how is it possible to avoid this problem.

2) - Will it be possible , in future P2E versions to avoid program from stopping whenever Jpeg error 41 occurs ?

Thanks

Sam,

The problem was that a socket recieved a 0-byte stream just before the

stream that contained the jpg-image" - and don't ask me what it means in English. I would have tried few things on the image (since we cant try on the program)

1. Make a new image from the original.

2. Uncheck the "Read-only" in properties if it's checked.

3. Clean the image from extra text (there is a free program called "JPG cleaner 95").

4. Save project after evey change. I do it now because many times I loose my work. It sounds stupid but it saves me a lot of work.

Hi Sam!

1) Following Granot's explanation, I think it's a problem of corrupted Jpeg header. It happens sometimes to me too, and I always solved this problem by re-saving Jpg file with a "sure" software. Also Jpeg Cleaner can be useful, but in certain cases the file cannot be opened by any software.

2) Probably only Igor can satisfactorily answer to this question, because I guess it's a Windows issue rather than PTE.