WnSoft Forums

What customers say about PTE AV Studio

Igor

Please leave here your comment or testimonial on PicturesToExe (any language). What you think about this software, how you use it, or how PicturesToExe changed your business?

I think it would be interesting for new customers. Please add your name (company), and country to your comment. Also we'll copy responses from this thread to our website - www.wnsoft.com

Thanks!

I tried all the software and slide shows without exception PTE is the only one completely satisfied me.
It allowed me to express myself differently in photography, especially by creating montages as well as more sound.
I am also organizing galas in my area and in France and all thanks to PTE that allows me to prepare summary pages also launched.
Certainly now with the video, the program will rise to the pinnacle. Vive PTE

M@rcel 

I am a stickler, very fussy about the projected quality of the images as well as smoothness of transitions, and zoom and pan effects. For years I used other branded software but was dissatisfied with the unacceptable loss of sharpness and general picture quality, at least from the moderately priced offerings.
I can't remember just how I got onto PTE, but it was a great day when I did. I just make simple slideshows, nothing too fancy, but with the immaculate image quality and suitable sound, I can thrill my audiences, who mostly ask for more shows than I planned to give. The clarity and transparent quality of the images from PTE is just breathtaking.
Apart from my own shows, which do not number very many at this stage, I have downloaded a number of other users' shows, notably those of Jeff Lunt depicting travels through Utah. With his unique choice of music, his shows really do justice to PTE, and on occasions when I have shown them to clubs (with his permission) the audiences are simply stunned.
PTE is one-of-a-kind, and Igor is to be congratulated on his programming insight and sheer ability.

Colin D,
Palmerston North,
New Zealand.

Before I discovered PicturesToExe, I tried several free programs to make slideshows of my travels. Then in search of better quality results on DVD, I actually BOUGHT four other programs, all of which disappointed me. From the moment I started to play with PicturesToExe, I was thrilled! Yes, thrilled - that is not an exaggeration. Three of those four others have not been touched since. The remaining one I have occasionally used for quick shows, and to include video clips. Now that PTE can do that, I have no need whatever for the others. Hearty thanks, very grateful thanks, to the WnSoft team ... and the incredibly helpful forum members.
Ken Travers - Australia. 

I have been using PTE for a number of years and could not be happier with it. It lets me combine my love of travel and photography with my computer to produce slide shows with incredible results. The icing on the cake is the PTE Forum that has a large group of users to help out with any questions. And now, with the availability of adding in video to the slide show, the possibilities are enormous. PTE's quality and capabilities are outstanding.

Gary
USA 

• 2 weeks later...

As the current United Kingdom Audio Visual National Championship Gold Medal winner and the current Flanders International Festival (European Championship) Gold Medal winner, I can confidently say that Pictures to Exe is a superb tool for editing and displaying your work. I have also judged audio visual championships around the world, from Australia to Ireland - PTE compares most favourably with other competing software programmes in terms of its image, sound and image in transition (animation) presentation.

Robert Albright FRPS, United Kingdom 

A l'époque, pas si lointaine, du tout argentique, réaliser un montage audiovisuel était surtout le fait d'un nombre restreint de passionnés, tant sa mise en oeuvre était lourde, complexe et exigeante, tout en restant limitée, non par la qualité des images projetées, mais par les possibilités réduites d'enchaînements et de synchronisation offertes par l'usage classique de deux projecteurs.

Aujourd'hui, avec la démocratisation de l'ordinateur et des appareils photo numériques, créer un tel montage est à la portée de tout le monde et il suffit d'un logiciel tel que PicturesToExe pour réaliser en quelques minutes des effets d'animation et des transitions qui n'étaient même pas imaginables il y a quelques décennies.

Avec ce logiciel d'un coût très abordable on peut réaliser des montages de très haute qualité et d'une fluidité sans égale, sous forme d'exécutables pour projection sur un écran d'ordinateur ou en salle par le biais d'un vidéoprojecteur, en format DVD ou Mp4 pour être visualisés sur votre téléviseur, au format iPhone, iPad, iPod et même dans un format conçu pour être téléchargé directement sur Youtube ou Facebook.

Avec PicturesToExe, il est très facile de synchroniser le passage des images avec le son, d'animer les images avec des effets de panoramiques, zooms ou autres rotations, d'incruster des vidéos, des objets, des titres, d'autres images, etc.

La seule limite de PicturesToExe ? Notre imagination...

Jean-Charles Pizolatto - France 

I am one of those "casual" users, I make my simple shows for friends and family members.
If you want to go simple, this is the program, if you want to go elaborate, this is the program.
Whatever your expertise, PTE will fill your need.
Best regards, Robert Smith, USA

The hardware to create slides shows and project them cost us about £1200 in 1980. Now, we can do the very same thing, better, for a few dollars with PicturesToExe. In fact we can now achieve much more than we ever could using film, and with a greater flexibility too. There are few better ways to view digital images, than on a large screen in a darkened room, or a large modern Computer screen. Others must think so too, because our tutorials video disks for PicturesToExe are our best sellers and have been for some years now. The reason PicturesToExe is so good, is that it appeals to all photographers, from the causal snapper, to the serious amateur and professional. All have a need to present images and there is no better way than with PicturesToExe.

You can stay traditional in your slide shows with still images, add animation and/or use video if you wish. Create a simple soundtrack, or one worthy of the BBC, it's all possible with PicturesToExe software. Digital Audio Visual via PicturesToExe is a great partner for our general digital photography, giving us a way to use and present the images we shoot. All the serious AV workers we know, use PicturesToExe. Why? Photographers gravitate towards it for the same reason they do with Photoshop, because its the best.

Barry Beckham
UK/Australia 

• 2 weeks later...

J'utilise PicturesToExe depuis quelques années en tant que photographe et vidéaste amateur. Après l'avoir découvert, je l'ai proposé aux membres du club photos et videos numériques que j'anime. Nous avons eu la possibilité de le comparer à d'autres logiciels comme Studio, Magix, Adobe Première, Proshow.... Comme tous les logiciels de montage sur le marché, PicturesToExe a des avantages et des inconvénients. Parlons d'abord des inconvénients : la prise en main requiert un certain temps d'apprentissage pour pouvoir commencer à jongler avec les différents objets, positionner les points clés tout en réglant la pente des mouvements. Ce n'est pas toujours très simple de pouvoir visualiser et décomposer les animations, objet par objet. PicturesToExe nécessite souvent d'avoir un bloc notes sous la main. L' édition des bandes sons, a longtemps posé problème, aujourd'hui elle requiert un peu d'habitude et de pratique, et pour la vidéo, j'attends avec impatience la prise en charge de l'AVCHD. Mais l'inconvénient le plus sérieux dans ce domaine est qu'il requiert, encore aujourd'hui, d'autres logiciels d'édition pour préparer les clips audio et vidéo, ne serait-ce que pour les couper à la durée souhaitée, si l'on ne veut pas alourdir considérablement le poids des fichiers exe. L'absence d'un éditeur graphique se fait cruellement sentir.
Il présente aussi de nombreux avantages dont, et ce n'est pas le moindre, la qualité des photos, la fluidité des transitions sans compter le poids du fichier : 11Mo c'est tout simplement exceptionnel!
Quand on pense que certains concurrents nécessitent plusieurs centaines de Mo!
La création de diaporamas incluant des clips videos HD en fichiers exécutables ne nécessite que quelques secondes alors que la plupart des logiciels de montage sont obligés de passer par une étape de conversion vidéo qui peut demander plusieurs heures suivant la puissance de la machine utilisée. Les possibilités de montage et d'animations photos et vidéos en 2D ou 3D sont infinies grâce à la notion d'objets (dont les masques) et de relation "parents-enfants", de même, depuis la v7.0, il n'y a plus de limites au mixage des voies audio, musiques de fond, bruitages, commentaires, le nombre de pistes étant quasiment illimité et les possibilités infinies avec une précision inégalée.
Pour moi PicturesToExe est un logiciel assez exceptionnel aux multiples possibilités et capable de satisfaire les plus exigeants. Il nécessiterait maintenant une révision complète pour le "nettoyer" de tous les petits défauts résiduels qui ont été signalés sur le forum par les uns et les autres et en facilter la prise en main par les nouveaux utilisateurs.
Daniel Chabernaud, France 

• 3 weeks later...

As a user of PicturesToExe since its inception, I've watched this fine software evolve to its present position as the leading worldwide choice for audio visual creation where quality of image and flexibility of features are paramount.

PicturesToExe or "PTE" as it is known by users, is a magnificent tool. Whether one wishes to make a simple presentation of their photographs, or create masterpieces for audio visual competitions, PTE serves them equally well. In addition, it offers those who wish to experiment with animation and unique video implementations a platform where one's imagination is the only real limiting factor.

In my opinion, and based on having used nearly every competing product, PTE simply stands head and shoulders above the rest. It is truly a "nuts and bolts" product which can be used by the complete novice to quickly and easily create a simple and elegant presentation, or can offer the experienced user myriad challenges and opportunities to facilitate their creativity. I congratulate the Wnsoft development team for their creation and for their willingness to listen to their users and quickly and efficiently make suggested changes which continue to make this product the industry leader where price, performance, image quality and flexibility are essential ingredients.

Lin Evans
Berthoud, Colorado 

• 2 months later...

J’ai découvert Picture ToExe il y a plusieurs années recherchant un programme me permettant de faire du fondu enchaîné avec son. J' utilise PTE pour présenter mes voyages et mes activités concernant la nature.
La possibilité qu’offre PTE est fabuleuse et permet de magnifiques montages que l’on peut présenter sur PC ou TV. Je suis moins amateur de l’introduction de la video.
Je dois préciser, que l’assistance d’Igor et de son équipe pour des problèmes rencontrés est rapide et très professionnelle, ce qui est rare actuellement.

I discovered Picture ToExe several years ago seeking a program allowing me to make fade-out and fade-in with pictures with sound. I use PTE to present my trips and my activities concerning nature.
The possibility that offer PTE is fabulous and allows splendid presentations which can be see on PC or TV. I am less amateur of the introduction of the video in PTE.
I must specify, that the assistance of Igor and his team for encountered problems is fast and very professional, which is currently very rare.

Pierre-Paul Penen
Luxembourg 

• 3 weeks later...

J'ai réalisé mon premier diaporama digital en 2006 avec un logiciel concurrent.
En deux ans, j'en ai créé 37 pour les membres de mon Photo Club.
Je n'étais pas satisfait de la fluidité des montages.
Puis j'ai testé et acheté le PTE. La qualité des transitions et mouvements était parfaite !

De 2008 à la fin janvier 2012 , j'ai réalisé entièrement ou participé (pendant de nombreuses heures) à l'amélioration de diaporamas, pour mon Photo Club, des membres de forums français (dont Diapositif.net dédié au PTE) et autres amis, à exactement 63 diaporamas en PTE.
J'ai donc participé au total à l'élaboration complète ou partielle de 100 montages depuis 2006.

J'utilise le PTE de 4 à 11 heures par jour.

C'est est un bon outil, simple et très puissant.
Cependant je regrette l'absence de plusieurs fonctions qui nous faciliteraient énormément le travail dans la fenêtre des Objets et Animations (et me feraient gagner beaucoup de temps).
J'espère pour une des prochaines versions du PTE qu'Igor et son équipe dirigeront en priorité leurs efforts afin de faciliter à leurs usagers intensifs la réalisation de diaporamas de grande qualité.

Etienne (Belgique)

I realized my first digital slide show in 2006 with a rival software.
In two years, I created 37 for the members of my Photo Club.
I was not satisfied by the transitions and movements (jerk).
Then I tested and bought the PTE. The quality of the transitions and the movements was completed!

Of 2008 at the end of January, 2012, I realized completely or participated (during many hours) in the improvement of slide shows, for my Photo Club, members of French forums (as Diapositif.net dedicated to the PTE) and the other friends, exactly 63 slide shows in PTE.
I participated thus all in the complete or partial elaboration of 100 slide show since 2006.

I use the PTE from 4 to 11 hours a day.

It is is a good tool, simple and very powerful.
However I miss several functions which would facilitate us enormously the work in the window of Objects and Animations (and would make me win a lot of time).
I hope for one of the next versions of the PTE which Igor and his team will manage first and foremost their efforts to facilitate to their extensive users the realization of high-quality slide shows.

Etienne (Belgium)

(Sorry for my bad English)

• 4 months later...

I first discovered PicturesToExe while it was still in its infancy. I was looking for something that would allow me to synchronize still images to music. PTE at that time did not provide a solution to what I was looking for, so I left it and continued searching. I could not find anything else that met my requirements, and when I returned to the PTE Forum a year later, around 2002, I was very happy to discover that the program had been upgraded and was now offering the synchronization I desired.

Since then I've participated in beta-testing of many new versions, and for a while was quite active on the Forum in an attempt to help streamline all the new features. My two main concerns have always been accurate and flexible synchronization, and a user-friendly interface, both of which Igor and his team have provided in today's version of PTE.

Now I am dabbling in the new world of mixing still photographs with high-quality video, as offered today by most new digital cameras. This capability opens up a whole new dimension in AV production. Again, PTE provides the best software. Igor and his team are still dedicated to keeping up with the rapidly-changing and complex technology involved, and are still as responsive as ever to the requests and complaints of the users. I know of no other software provider who would receive a personal request for an obscure modification to the program in order to solve a unique personal problem, and reply the following day with a whole new beta version to try out.

There are still improvements to be made to PTE, and new features that would be nice to have, but overall, PTE provides the highest-quality transitions involving large high--resolution images, and the smoothest, most seamless combination of images and high-definition video, over the widest range of hardware and user applications, of any other software anywhere near it's price range. All the best, Igor! 

• 2 months later...

Tra le mille cose che l'informatica ha di brutto, che qui non è il caso di narrare, di certo applicato alla fotografia ha reso le cose più sincretiche. Si pensa con lo sguardo si scatta e l'immagine a monitor, poi, consente di accorciare in modo drastico la filiera che una volta era l'era dell'argento, fatto del rito della camera oscura. E tutto si concentra sul lato creativo, mai abbastanza di questi tempi troppo e troppo veloci, in una maniera impensabile in era analogica. E qui PTE è semplicemente impareggiabile. Un'idea, pure approssimativa di quello che si vuole, poi, caricate le slides e, a volte, con musica, ecco che il fantasma prende forma. Certo non proprio subito, ma dopo qualche progetto l'idea abbozzata all'inizio incomincia a vedersi definitivamente. Peccato che i programmatori si ostinano, ancora, a non prevedere la stampa, come story borad, del progetto e di tutti i progetti che uno costruisce. A volte lontano dal computer, e con lo story board cartaceo in mano, si può continuare a lavorare a limare e togliere il superfluo o aggiungere altro senza stare seduti davanti al computer.

From south Italy
By Michele fotografo 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to doing slide shows in general. I have been involved in photography since the early 60's (the year not my age :lol: ) in all aspects from behind the lens to final processing. My wife is especially happy about the digital darkroom as I don't smell from hypo anymore.

As for producing slide shows it was something I could live without.
I had a couple of quickie and cheap programs for when my wife or a family member wanted one but there was never any excitement about getting serious about it.

About 6 months ago I watched a show produced by one my wife's relatives and started to become really interested when I saw some of the effects that could be done.
By the way, it was a competing product.
Being on fixed income I started to save up the $69.00 for that program (sneaky way of not telling which product but you now know which one :rolleyes: )

As I was ready to spring for the program I wanted to see what else was out there in my price range.

What was out there was one of the best slide show producing software packages I have come across.
Pictures to Exe. Yup! that was the one I wanted. It seemed to be what I needed and after playing with the free download version for a week my wife noticed a creative side to me that I had not noticed. It seems that PTE has awakened a creative side to me that had fallen asleep years ago.

I find the software to be easy if you are in a hurry to get a show up but also rich in features worth digging into that no other programs that I have run across. In other words you can produce a quicky show or compete with the best of the best. Hats off and a bow to Igor Kokarev for the job he has and is doing.

I finished my first show about a week ago of 108 slides, set to music and enjoyed by those who watched it.
Was it easy? Well, yes and no. Just ask some of the forum members who helped me through the resizing and resolution process. They stayed with me until I got it.
One of the many reasons that I got PTE over the other is the support and forums. Generally before I get a piece of software I check out the forums to see what kind of support I can get if needed and how much negativity there is. After all, we are trying to help one another are we not? The WnSoft forums is one of the best forums I have come across. Thank you. You are down home folks whom I would be proud to get to know.

As long winded as this is getting there is one other person I need to thank.
Lin Evans. We have never met, but I know you through your tutorials. You are articulate, thorough, and concise in those tutorials.
Being on fixed income as I mentioned earlier those free tutorials have helped me across a lot of bumps and helped me to learn PTE. You have also shown me that I have a long way to go to become proficient in PTE and as I save up for some really great pay type tutorials I hope to become a person where friends and family are chomping at the bit to see one of my shows.

I am looking forward learning 7.5 as well. I have not had this much fun in a long time. Thanks.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using PicturesToExe for several years now. Not as an expert, but more like a keen amateur, taking pictures of special events and putting them together with nice effects and music. Thank you very much to the developers for their work and enthusiasm.

Sarolta
from Hungary 

• 1 month later...

Dopo avere provato molti programmi per la realizzazione di slideshow mi sono imbattuto in Picture2Exe. Inizialmente trascurato a causa del nome e dell'interfaccia "troppo semplice" poi mi sono ricreduto ed e' diventato "il programma" per le presentazioni fotografiche. Il bello di questo software e' che si puo' usare a vari livelli di profondita': da una semplice sequenza di foto in dissolvenza a complesse animazioni tridimensionali con oggetti strutturati, layer, maschere di trasparenza. La possibilita' di gestire i video come fossero delle immagini (in tempo reale!) ne fa veramente il coltellino svizzero delle presentazioni multimediali. Inoltre il continuo supporto da parte degli sviluppatori da molta soddisfazione.

After trying lots of slideshow softwares i came to Picture2Exe. I initially underestimated it because of the name and the "too simple" user interface. After trying, it became "the software" for building my slideshows. It can be used at different depth levels: from a simple photo sequence with transitions to complex tridimensional animations with structured objects, layers, transparency masks. Being able to use videos as they were pictures (in real time!) makes it the swiss army knife of multimedia presentations. Moreover, the continuative support from developers gives a lot of satisfaction.

Umberto from Italy 

• 1 year later...

Christmas has come early this year! I simply couldn’t wait to start using the full version of PicturesToExe v8... I’ve been a fan of PTE for a long while now. I can’t remember exactly when I first discovered it – it must be almost a decade ago – but over the years it has been a continuing revelation.
I always hankered after making Audio-Visuals ‘the old way’, with tape-decks and multiple projectors, but I had neither the resources nor the skill and patience to take it up (besides being too busy with my job as a Production Designer with BBCtv). It’s no exaggeration to say that at last I’ve found my medium – since my RPS Fellowship it’s been a total change of direction, and the mainstay of my photography.
I have used ‘the alternative software’ (naming no names!) in parallel with it, while running an A-V group for the Worcestershire Camera Club, but eventually gave it up, as there was no comparison with the straightforward way in which PTE works, and riding two horses at once was a balancing act I just couldn’t perform!
However, as my current group of students are happily discovering, PTE gives you total control, at whatever level you are – easy to make a start, and equally easy to produce any effect you could possibly wish for as experience grows.
It’s a not particularly surprising fact that the majority of people who enter the competitions I judge are using PTE in preference to any other software, and my own competition entries are crowned with at least modest success now and again, thanks in no small measure to the subtleties of PTE.
Integrating audio into the main timeline, together with those volume controls is the cherry on top of a wonderful cake, and apart from making some of the special cursors a wee bit easier to handle, I can’t think what else you might do Igor – it’s difficult to improve on perfection! Though I quite understand the need, I hope the commercial pressure for novelty in the future won’t produce too many bells and whistles that may be attractive as USPs but potentially constitute a distraction from the real business of audio-visual – the telling of a good story.
I don’t post much on the forum generally but in this case, I felt I just had to say “Thankyou Igor, for the very bestest Christmas present a boy could possibly wish for!”.

Andrew N. Gagg FRPS
Worcester, U.K., December 2013 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I have been using this software for well over 10 years.  The fact that one can put any number of high resolution images and any music track on the timeline and then press preview and instantly have a perfect look at what you have created is why this software has no equal.  Rearrange the photos and or the music and press preview and again, instantly you get a full resolution show.  It is so easy to experiment with pictures and sound.  I highly recommend this software.

Jeff Lunt

New Mexico, USA

• Igor pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
On 8/29/2011 at 7:28 AM, Igor Kokarev said:

Please leave here your comment or testimonial on PicturesToExe (any language). What you think about this software, how you use it, or how PicturesToExe changed your business?

I think it would be interesting for new customers. Please add your name (company), and country to your comment. Also we'll copy responses from this thread to our website - www.wnsoft.com

Thanks!

As a former professional documentary film producer and someone relatively new to digital A/V production, may I say how excellent I find Pictures to Exe. to be.   Using Version 8  I have  won a couple of Gold Medals as well as the Grand Prix in the Trophee de Paris in 2016.       Graham Sergeant FRPS

• 4 weeks later...

I have used this program for many years now and can endorse all the previous comments about how good it is. Back in the day, it was considered to be the best software for creating slide shows but, it is now it is considered to be the very best for creating Audio Visual Slide Shows. You do not need to be a professional in order to create an excellent slide show although there is a learning curve to go through. If you do get confused, there are a multitude of willing experts on hand to assist you, you just need to join the Forum and ask.

Ronnie West (South Wales UK)

ronniewestphotography.com

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't tell you how wonderful the latest version of this software is...version 10.0.3. The improvement in video is fantastic. I just loaded 4 segments of 4k video that I produced in the software and then put the 4 rendered segments in the timeline. They played beautifully and it was easy to adjust in and out points as needed. Instant playback as usual. This is a quantum leap in video. Fantastic software and the only one that lets you see exactly what you've done instantly at full resolution.