WnSoft Forums

About PTE9.0

kosheyar

Hello Igor

2 years passed and still no any news about wnsoft masterpiece publishing I wanted to advise you.. . 

I think you were trying offer PTE for all operating systems (windows, Macintosh,,... ) in one execution release 

So if it's so, it's time to advice YOU, please stop it and offer PTE separated for each OS if this delay is for focus offering PTE in one file for all

Best

Igor has already answered that question. Version 9 will not be a cross-platform version for PC and MacIntosh. The reason it has taken so long is that totally new code had to be written for the new graphical engine and in a language which will support future cross-platform development. As any powerful software matures, it takes more time to develop new and innovative features and improvements. 

Have patience, Wnsoft has said that beta testing for 9.0 will happen very soon and also that the beta time beginning to product release time will be shorter than in past versions...

Best regards,

Lin

14 minutes ago, Lin Evans said:

Have patience, Wnsoft has said that beta testing for 9.0 will happen very soon and also that the beta time beginning to product release time will be shorter than in past versions...

Igor told us the same thing for version 8... can you remember how many there were beta version for 8?

Yes, there were 16 for version 8 according to my system and 20 for beta 7. That's the number still residing on my hard drives so probably fairly accurate.

IMHO it's not the number of betas which are important it's the amount of time from beta one to beta X which is actually important. The more bugs which are removed during beta test, the better the finished product. 

It's far too easy for users to complain about the hard work which goes into creating a world-class product. My suggestion for those who think this product is problematic and the development time is excessive is go purchase the competition's product for double the price and see just how long it takes to come running back... I have both and I can assure you that PTE is far superior both in development time and in quality of finished product.

Best regards,

Lin 

Personally, I prefer to wait for a product that works as it should than rush for one full of bugs.  I also think we should all thank the beta testers who dig into new versions of programs trying to push the program to the limit in order to find what problems are lurking within waiting to jump on a busy user when he least has time to deal with bugs.

Hi Leon,

I agree, and to the credit of Igor and the Wnsoft development team, all registered users of PTE have the option to beta test new products so that all get to see and have experience with new products before they are released. That is not the case for the compeition...

Best regards,

Lin

On 7/30/2016 at 0:00 PM, kosheyar said:

Hello Igor

2 years passed and still no any news about wnsoft masterpiece publishing I wanted to advise you.. . 

I think you were trying offer PTE for all operating systems (windows, Macintosh,,... ) in one execution release 

So if it's so, it's time to advice YOU, please stop it and offer PTE separated for each OS if this delay is for focus offering PTE in one file for all

Best

bump

I think it's a valid question to ask after two years!! I stopped recommending this software to colleagues just because of these delay and promises of new release date.

Thanks, 

9 minutes ago, JudyKay said:

I think you are making a mistake.  But that is my opinion.  PTE is the best, and it is only getting better.  I recommend ONLY PTE to anyone who might be interested.  And I will do the wise thing, and continue to do so.

I think it's a valid question to ask after two years!!

With all due respect Judy I have to be honest with people who ask what software you used,  I tell them PTE but also  let them know they should be aware with this upgrade issue.  Besides anyone who searched the forum here will find out .. 

I don't speak ill of the software, I just tell my experience!!

Thank you

What is the "upgrade issue?" Just because a company has been producing new versions much more frequently than the competition, then has a major rewrite to prepare for future versions and cross-platform compatibility doesn't make it an "upgrade issue." 

Let's look at the history of other products such as Photoshop: 1990 Version 1, 1992 Version 2, 1994, Version 3, 1996 Version 4, 1998 Version 5, 1999, 5.5, 2000 Version 6, 2002 Version 7, 2003, Version CS, 2005 Version CS2, 2007 Version CS3, 2008 Version CS4, etc. In 20 years essentially 10 versions. About one every two years on average.

Versions depend on many variables and the first time that there is a delay in a new version of PTE you stop recommending it "because of these delays????" Pray tell what did you recommend? 

Between 2006 and 20016 Photodex has produced seven versions of Proshow Producer and of these most were just incremental bug fixes rather than introduction of any substantial new features. They still have no 3D transforms, no Parent/Child relationships, no simple method of changing the center of rotation, no serious hardware rendering capabilities, no multiple audio tracks, etc, etc., and still costs twice what PTE does... 

During this same period Wnsoft has introduced numerous powerful features and continued to offer what most of us consider the ultimate in a presentation slideshow product which can be used not only to produce superior conventional slideshows, but to create animations and shows simply not possible with the competition at virtually any reasonable price. PTE is by a landslide the most recommended and used presentation slideshow product for serious AV competition in the world. My hat is off the the developers of this product. Pinging on them because they work harder to give their users the very best product available is silly in my opinion. I hope you never have to develop software for a living - I did for many years and I fully understand the myriad issues of keeping up with the latest technology. 

The current product works and works very well. There doesn't have to be a new version for every bug fix like the competition - Wnsoft doesn't change the full version every time they fix a few bugs. It takes time to develop and write a new graphical engine and perform a complete code rewrite to support future cross-platform compatibility. Damn..... we need to cut Wnsoft some slack - they have continually produced a superior product and will continue to do so...

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, I appreciate your reply ..

You stand correct Photoshop average new release WAS two years, I've been Photoshop user since version 2.5 and upgraded every single time since then.  As a professional I need to be up to date with hardware and software thankfully PTE is not a major tool that I must have.

Photoshop CC made this two years an obsolete as you may know,  it update often with new features and every six-month or so there is a major update with complete overhaul to the apps.

To be honest with you I have not tried other slideshow software to recommend one in the stead of PTE, I bought long time ago when it was 1.5 MB to download.  The Adobe creative cloud CC includes After Effects application which is much powerful than PTE, that's what I recommend ( since you asked ), sure there is a learning curve but if your Photoshop user the transition is much easier. 

The original author of this thread was asking the developer to stop this major rewrite to accommodate future release for the Mac.  I think the developer is making a mistake by neglecting current users which include Mac User too.

I do not buy the argument for the delay to get the perfect software, there is no such thing it's the nature of the beast, bugs and more bugs .. that's how you find bugs leaving the big kahuna Microsoft. Each

Cutting slack to Winsoft .. I wonder if you're aware of how many times it has been said by the developer beta release will be in December ( last year ), next month, in 15 days etc. makes one doubt if it will ever happen, I'm not making this up!!

Best

Sami

But "After Effects" (which I also use) is not a presentation slideshow product - to recommend that for presentation slideshows doesn't make sense. And actually, After Effects is not "much more powerful" than PTE in my experience - it has a different direction, and features which PTE doesn't have, but also PTE has and does things not possible with After Effects. I've been using After Effects since it was introduced. For example - if you are an After Effects user, try to duplicate this with After Effects. It only took me three hours to do this with PTE and I absolutely can't do it with After Effects.

I see that you have not upgraded to PTE 8 and so you are not seeing some of the very powerful possibilities with this product - I post on YouTube under the pseudonym of Icejasper - here's a demonstration of some of the things possible with PTE you may not be aware of... For example - try to create a rotating, spinning, zooming icosahedron with three thousand six hundred and twenty individual video displays in simultaneous operation with After Effects. I'm betting that in five years you won't be able to do it. 

Here's a sample...

Lin,

Sure, I give you that PTE is easier and has features that might not be in other software,  I will have to dissect your great PTE presentation to see if it could be done in aftereffects. First time I saw the animation feature in PTE is a wow that's mimicking after effect  I could be wrong and maybe Adobe is mimicking PTE!! ;-)

Yes  I am still using version 7 but I downloaded the demo for version 8 and most probably I would have upgraded six months ago if I knew back then it will take six months and counting.  That's why I said it makes me doubt if there will be release anytime SOON.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18762-upgrading-to-the-latest-version/&do=findComment&comment=125219

Best regards,

I can absolutely "guarantee" you that PTE 9.0 will be available for beta testing VERY soon and that the actual release will take much less time than with previous betas. 

After Effects is a great program and a powerful tool for what it is designed to do, but it's not a tool for making presentation slideshows. You "can" create presentation slideshows with After Effects or with a really good Video Editor, but it's awkward and time consuming to do. You can do word processing with a text editor, but again it's not designed for that purpose any more than Excell is designed as a database management program even though some try to use it for that purpose.

The next version of PTE will not be MacIntosh compatible, but the cross-platform programming tools were used to build it so that the MacIntosh version will be forthcoming in the future. The new graphical engine will allow much better memory management and have some exciting new features which will make future powerful features much easier to implement. We would all love to have frequent upgrades such as Adobe is now doing with Photoshop, but they do come at a price. Talk to Panos of PanosFX who writes probably the very best Photoshop actions available. It too a whole year to fix a bug which instantly made many of his amazing actions for Photoshop unusable. He had to completely rewrite a number of them to make them work with the latest Creative Cloud version. Some of the Photoshop "features" such as their 3D are incredibly difficult to do things with which are simple to do with PTE. Even though Adobe releases frequent "updates" of Phoshop, they are not always working properly but since it's not costing the subscriber everytime they do this, people don't complain as much. 

Each product has its strengths and weaknesses. As time goes on, computer software is continually increasing in both complexity and specificity. It's not a simple thing to accurately estimate how long some things take to finish. I'm certain the developers of PTE would love to have been able to release version 9.0 a year ago, but it wasn't possible to accomplish what was needed with the new tools and the complete rewrite of code to facilitate future cross-platform compatibility. 

Best regards,

Lin

I think that the biggest frustration with all of this is in Wnsoft suggesting a possible release time and then it not happening for whatever reason. People then begin to say "well you suggested this date and it hasn't happened. What is going on?".

In major changes to a piece of software, as is happening on this particular occasion, the unexpected sometimes happens, or a change proves to be more problematic than was envisaged, so delays inevitably occur.  We should all just accept that and wait.

The mistake was in Wnsoft suggesting a date in the first place.  I feel that no such annoucements should be made at all, then when a new version is released it is both a surprise and a bonus.

Regards

wideangle

Lin, I believe you I came to this conclusion about three months ago, I almost bought the upgrade but the developer still promising of new release date.  

btw for a simple slideshow Photoshop CC is more than capable, I will expect Adobe will add more features and subsequent release. I agree with you Adobe also badly managed their update and drove third-party developers and some users nuts. 

Bottom line there is no perfect software!! lol

Regards

Sami

7 minutes ago, wideangle said:

I think that the biggest frustration with all of this is in Wnsoft suggesting a possible release time and then it not happening for whatever reason. People then begin to say "well you suggested this date and it hasn't happened. What is going on?".

In major changes to a piece of software, as is happening on this particular occasion, the unexpected sometimes happens, or a change proves to be more problematic than was envisaged, so delays inevitably occur.  We should all just accept that and wait.

The mistake was in Wnsoft suggesting a date in the first place.  I feel that no such annoucements should be made at all, then when a new version is released it is both a surprise and a bonus.

Regards

wideangle

Partly agree with you .. some software companies will push the software and then released new update within 15 days, it leaves a bad taste in the user mouth.  Corel Painter did this before they released painter 2016, it give the impression that they were not honest. I have seen it done by other software companies also ..

Sorry for the delay with first Beta version of PicturesToExe 9.0!

The new version has many important improvements and new features. And we want to show you the good product. I can firmly say that first Beta version will be published soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On ۱۳۹۵/۵/۲۰ at 0:23 AM, Igor Kokarev said:

Sorry for the delay with first Beta version of PicturesToExe 9.0!

The new version has many important improvements and new features. And we want to show you the good product. I can firmly say that first Beta version will be published soon.

So hope for the best wishes for picturestoexe with new features improvements(I afraid again u remove some good features or options in this new version mistakenly or on purpose for example removing midi music format supporting in picturestoexe 6)