WnSoft Forums

Crashes when creating exe

Johannes

Thank you for your answer. I tested with a new project and got a message error too.

The project was for a client. I sent him the files and folders and he was able to create the exe on his computer without any issue, so I think the file is not corrupted.

Any help if I copy the message error code ? Does pte generate a log file ?

1. Please let me know the exact text of the error message when you create an EXE file.

2. Try to create a EXE file in a new folder on drive C:\ (e.g. C:\MyFolder ) and a short name (e.g. Show1.exe). Will it work?

3. Does it work if you choose "Create safe executable file" in the Publish menu?

4. Try again uninstall PicturesToExe 8. Then re-install it again. If the program will suggest to import settings from previous versions, please SKIP this step.

Hi Igor. Thank you for your answer

1 Message attached as screengrab

2 Tried to create exe at the drive root or folder, all set with simple names = crash  

3 Tried save "certifié pour internet" (ptshow+exe files)  I receive a warning for international characters replacement = works fine. Got the two files and the slideshow will run perfectly.

4 Re-installed with skipping import settings ... no change

Fyi,

Preview works fine but from time to time will stop after 5 seconds.   

I run Windows XP french version (I know this is bad ;)

Presse-papiers-1.jpg

I just checked the work of PicturesToExe 8.0.21 and version 9.0 Beta on Windows XP with Avast antivirus. It always worked correctly and I successfully created EXE files.

Probably you need to wait several days while Avast update antivirus databases? It can be false positive problem.