WnSoft Forums

Slideshowclub- 'Find their other files' not working

goddi

Called up one of Maureen's (Lakelandlass) shows and got the same result with the following in the address bar:-

http://www.slideshowclub.com/profile/36-lakelandlass/content/?controller=members&type=downloads_file 

Tried copying and pasting this elsewhere but still did not work. Looking at your links and mine obviously something wrong with the layout but why should they be different?

Mickp

11 minutes ago, Ken Cox said:

well I guess you wont be using that feature

see if you can get them individual

Ken, I can get to the individual shows. But if someone else can use this feature with Win10, I would hope this can be fixed. Seems I am not the only one. Is this a problem that  Igor can fix or is it the IPSFocus program?

Gary

FWD THREAD TO THE HELP DESK I guess

back in the day we used to empty the windows temporary file folder

but am not sure how with win10

out of all the membership, there is just 3 of us trying to find a fix

and I am trying 2 separate towers

so guess you are on your own:(

ken

On 12.01.2017 at 7:40 PM, goddi said:

Greetings,

When I am in the  Slideshowclub site, the "Find their other files" does not work. Has this ever worked? I don't  remember seeing it before, but it does not seem to be functional.

Gary

Gary,

Yes, I confirm this problem. I sent a request to Invision company to get assistance with this problem.

On 12.01.2017 at 7:40 PM, goddi said:

When I am in the  Slideshowclub site, the "Find their other files" does not work. Has this ever worked? I don't  remember seeing it before, but it does not seem to be functional.

Gary,

We fixed this problem. Please can you check?

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2017 at 11:01 AM, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

We fixed this problem. Please can you check?

Greetings,

Ok...the "Find their other files" works. This is good if you start from a slideshow that a person has posted. However, how do you do a Search for member's shows using his member's name from the main home page? I have tried all kinds of ways but the "Search...", using a member's name, does not produce anything. Can someone show me the steps needed to be performed starting from the "Search..." icon???

Thanks... Gary

Search.jpg

Click on Magnifying Glass (or Advanced Search)

Click on Member Search

Enter Member's Name

Click on Search Members

Assuming that you find the person (Couldn't find Goddi) - Click on Find Content

Works for me.

https://www.slideshowclub.com/profile/36-lakelandlass/content/

https://www.slideshowclub.com/profile/457-akirkby57/content/

DG

3 hours ago, davegee said:

Click on Magnifying Glass (or Advanced Search)

Click on Member Search

Enter Member's Name

Click on Search Members

Assuming that you find the person (Couldn't find Goddi) - Click on Find Content

Works for me.

https://www.slideshowclub.com/profile/36-lakelandlass/content/

https://www.slideshowclub.com/profile/457-akirkby57/content/

DG

Dave,

If I type 'lakelandlass' in the 'Search...' space, I get two shows by her, but it is searching in the text that someone posted as comments about the show, not the author or member's name. Same result when I type in 'akirkby57'. I get my show (Castelbuono) where I replied to his show and his name is in the text of my reply. So that does not work for trying to find all the shows uploaded by a particular author. And a search on my member name, 'goddi', produces nothing. Seems to me that that is all we should have to do to find the shows by an member that has been uploaded to the site. But the 'Search...' seems to only be looking in the comment sections.

I tried the 'lakelandlass' in the 'Advance Search', and get the same results of the name it finds in the comment section, not  what the member has uploaded.

I tried to follow your steps but I don't see the same menu items you showed. I see 'Members' but not 'Member Search' or 'Member's Name'. When I try 'Search by Author', I get a notice to 'Please enter a term to search for, or at least one tag'.

Really frustrating and non-intuitive...

I just don't see what you are doing to get the results by author. How you got the 'lakelandlass' results or any results are beyond me....:(

Gary

PS Just found the 'Members Search' and I found my shows. Gee...what a weird way to find someone's shows. Just too many clicks and menus. Ok, I got it now. It  is just not an easy what to tell someone how to find your slideshows. I'd have to send a link. Thanks for getting me there. :)

But it still does not seem to be able to give me only the uiploaded shows. It give comments made about the show.

24 minutes ago, davegee said:

Dave, Sure, I understand you can do that. My point is that the site's 'Search...' function is not understandable...not intuitive, and gives no results. If, at the top of the main page, you have a 'Search...' function, you should be able to search for all shows by the author or member's name. If I told a non-PTE user to find my or your shows on the Slideshow site, I don't think they would be able to find them. I wish that we could get a result of just the shows someone has uploaded (without the comments) made by others.

If I wanted to see all shows by 'davegee', using the 'Search...' function, with 'All Content' checked, I get nothing. Why should I have to go deeper into the menus to decipher how  to get the results. Whoever is responsible for this site should take note and make it usable to just do a simple search for shows by authors' names using the 'Search...' function.

Gary

On 1/13/2017 at 11:08 AM, Ken Cox said:

Ken, I noticed that your link, above, to my uploaded slideshows shows only the actual uploaded slideshows, which is what I am looking for. However, the link that Dave provided is different from yours. His link, below, shows the uploaded slideshows and any comments someone added:

https://www.slideshowclub.com/profile/39-goddi1/content/

Can you tell me each step you made to get to your link? I can not figure it out.

Thanks... Gary