WnSoft Forums

Do you create DVD video in PicturesToExe?

Igor

Did you create DVD video in PicturesToExe in 2016?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Did you create DVD video in PicturesToExe in 2016?

• Frequently
    • Sometimes
    • I don't create DVD video

I think that there are two distinct groups of users of PTE.

There are those who are aspiring to be expert photographers, belong to camera clubs and enter competitions etc. They are obviously looking to get the best quality in their presentations, and PTE definitely delivers this. Equally they are probably not too interested in DVD quality and are likely to vote as such.

The other group of users are, like myself, just people who potter about with photos and don't go much deeper than that. I belong to a ramblers group and get volunteered to take photos while out on walks, which I enjoy doing, then I make copies of dvds as lasting memories, to distribute to everyone. Many of these people don't have equipment which can play from memory sticks, sd cards etc, but just rely on DVD players. Also, they are quite satisfied with the quality they get from their dvds. I use PTE to produce those because of its superb features in the first place and because everything I need is in the one package. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect that it is the people from the first group who will dictate the outcome of this poll.

Regards

wideangle

Tonton

I have made lots of dvds under PTE8 without any problems.  

I do try to make DVDs sometime but I keep running into problems with the outcome.

The show either has black spaces at the sides, or at the top and bottom.

I try using Dave's and others instructions, and I would burn more if the outcome was better.

I now usually just make an MP4, for Facebook and to send to friends.

All the best, smithrg

I haven't made a DVD since 2014, I now prefer to make MP4 video and save to an external hard drive and play them on my TV.

i also put a copy on a thumb drive for projecting at camera clubs, I think DVD is now old tech,does anybody disagree?.

I did make several DVDs in 2016. The situation is that many clients still request DVD copies .... even though I offer them the full array of the other publish formats.

I have asked some of them why they also prefer DVD discs over other video formats.The simple answer was it has menu capabilities whereas the other video formats do not.  They were willing to sacrifice the output quality vs the flexibility. PTE DVD quality was still very good for their needs.

I'm more with the 'wideangle' comments on this one as to the type of User I am. However, in contrast, I now do not export to DVD. I stopped this a few years back after experiencing on a number of plays that the actual disc (named brands) started sticking and so felt frustrated at all the time and effort that had gone into the project. That was also in my early days when I did not save the actual project file and so could have re-exported. Two lessons I learnt, don't export to DVD and save the folder.

George

• 2 weeks later...

I used to make DVDs for sale when I was doing horseback riding event photography, but I haven't done that for about 3 years.  Now when doing presentations for friends and family, I simply connect my laptop to a TV via HDMI and run the .exe.  High quality and easy to do.  Haven't run into any situations where they have old TVs without HDMI inputs.  And only one format of presentation to do.  Occasionally, though, I do  .mp4s for showing on Facebook or Instagram.

• 1 month later...

In my case, it's the exact same situation as for "wideangle", making a yearly slideshow of all pcitures taken during the activities of some local, small club of friends; and since most of them do not have the means or knowledge to play anything else than DVD's, I still provide anyone with a DVD-copy of the slideshow . So, yes, I sure hope it's not gonna disappear from PTE ;-))