WnSoft Forums

ERROR saving .pte in Version 9 [SOLVED]

LumenLux

I was trying the Slide style, 6- sided cube in Version 9.  Having fun, and soon found several questions that were pre-empted when I could not save the .pte project file.  If I remove the style slide from the slide list, the project will save normally.  The attached image shows the error message that occurs no matter the variables I've tried.  I was able to Publish an .exe file which runs fine.  The .exe is 528 mb for the 1-minute 20-second sequence.  The sequence that won't save is one video and utilizes the animation window for the cube work.  If it would be helpful, I could upload the 528mb file so it could be downloaded.  Perhaps this is something someone else has encountered?  I don't like to report a "bug" unless the evidence supports the thought.

PTE assertion failure.png

6 hours ago, LumenLux said:

I was trying the Slide style, 6- sided cube in Version 9.  Having fun, and soon found several questions that were pre-empted when I could not save the .pte project file.  If I remove the style slide from the slide list, the project will save normally.  The attached image shows the error message that occurs no matter the variables I've tried.  I was able to Publish an .exe file which runs fine.  The .exe is 528 mb for the 1-minute 20-second sequence.  The sequence that won't save is one video and utilizes the animation window for the cube work.  If it would be helpful, I could upload the 528mb file so it could be downloaded.  Perhaps this is something someone else has encountered?  I don't like to report a "bug" unless the evidence supports the thought.

Robert,

Please tell me how to reproduce this problem? I started a new project, added 6 images, apply Cube style. Then I could successfully save this project.

Does this problem occur with certain files?

If I use only still images, the style works, and it saves correctly.  My problem came with initially two videos and 1 still photo.  The style template was on one video, choosing the same video for all six images requested by the style, for the six sides of the cube.  Then in Objects and Animations window, I had added the same single video to the O&A that was showing on the cube.  Is there something I can send you that could help?  In the problem sequence, if I remove the style video from the timeline, the other video and still image will save normally.

I think I have simplified the problem.  The Style Cube with any number of slides works fine.  Adding any video in place of any or all of the 6 slides = still works fine.  Publish  as .exe works fine.  But try to SAVE results in the described error message.  If I temporarily remove the video file, the project saves.  If I return the video, the project will not save.  It certainly seems that any video used in cube, causes project to not save.  Hope this helps.

I confirm Lumenlux error.

In its simplest form I added the same converted video to the Slide List six times and highlighted all.

Apply the Cube Style.

The result is the single Slide Cube with the video as a BG.

The Style duration is 32 seconds and it plays OK.

When I try to Save - exactly the same error (only happens with video):

Untitled-1.jpg.144242c07d38f570c411f9903837b212.jpg

• Igor changed the title to ERROR saving .pte in Version 9 [SOLVED]