WnSoft Forums

Moving an existing slide style to another category

lapiovra

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

I have the same problem. It seems one can only change the style category (ie rename it), export/import or delete etc. but I don't see a way of moving a style between existing (non preset) categories.

I've ended up with a number of 'User Style' categories and seem unable to manage them.

Any further advice?

Denwell

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/slide-styles/main#changemovecreate_categories

Same thing applies - Apply the Style - create a version 9 Style from the applied Style.

You will then be able to Change/Move it.

However, when creating the Version 9 version you can designate the Category whilst doing so.

Authors of Styles should be doing this now.

DG

Lapiovra and Denwell

Just go into Slide Styles, right-click on the Style you wish to move, and select Change Style Category.

Denwell

If you empty a User Style Category in this way, then that category will automatically disappear from the list as PTE tidies up.

Regards

wideangle

Thanks for that advice Dave & wideangle.

This seems to work in a roundabout way, that is - I need to first rename the category from the additional 'User style' to a new name, then change the enclosed style again to 'User style'. The imported style then does indeed move and the second 'User style' category is deleted from the list. Just doesn't seem a quick and logical approach, but it works.

Denwell

Right click on the Style that you want to MOVE.

Click on "Change Category"

Type in the Name of an existing Category or a New Category.

If the Category exists the Style will move to it.

If you type the name of a New Category it will Create it move the Style to it.

I have asked Igor for a Dropdown Menu in the Change Category window - it would make life easier.

DG

Thanks Dave - the point is when I import some styles, PTE imports them into an additional category also named 'User style' . Obviously, to get the style into the preset 'User style' category your suggestion doesn't work as there are two such categories and after typing in 'User style' ( the preset where I want the style to end up) it remains in its original position. In order to move the style elsewhere I need to employ the method outlined in my post above.

I would suggest that any drop down menu has 'Move to' included, OR make any newly imported style without a specified category have a different category name than the preset 'User style'.

I'm beginning to confuse myself now .....

It only does that because the author neglected to properly create the Style.

Look at the creation process - it asks you to enter a Category for your Creation.

User Style is a default temporary location. Try importing the Style I posted tonight and see where that goes?

DG