WnSoft Forums

Solution for non-working slideshows on macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Igor

There is known problem with macOS Sierra 10.12.2+ and slideshows created in PicturesToExe 6.0 - 8.0.21. Slideshows do not start and only black screen appears.

Solution 1:

Download and install PicturesToExe 8.0.23.

Or download new PicturesToExe 9

Open project file with existing slideshow and create a new presentation folder for Mac.

Solution 2

You can repair existing slideshows for Mac using special free utility:

https://files.wnsoft.com/soft/RepairMacPresentation.exe

It works with slideshows in APP folder or in a ZIP archive created in PicturesToExe 8.0.0 - 8.0.21.

The most likely it will patch correctly slideshows created in old versions 6.0 - 7.5, but we can't guarantee it.

UPDATE. Executable shows created in PicturesToExe 8.x and 9.x will not work on macOS 10.15 Catalina or newer. Because the new macOS doesn't support 32-bit apps any more. 
PTE AV Studio for Mac will work on macOS 10.11 or newer, including Catalina. This new version should be available by end of 2020 year.

• Igor pinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

I was unsuccessful in repairing three slideshows made with V8 using the above RepairMacPresentation.exe file.  However, I was successful running a test slideshow on the MacBookAir.  Not sure about the V number, but slideshows in question were created 9/20/16 and I probably updated shortly before that.  So, it appears likely that the reason I can not execute the slideshow .app files on my MBA that I showed in 2016 is because of an incompability between P2E V8 files and the current macOS.

I ran RepairMacPresentation.exe on the *.zip files and it made a *.bak.zip file.  I moved the .bak.zip files to the MBA and unzipped them.  Clicking on the new .app files cause a brief flash of a light green screen, as before, and then returned to the desktop.  

Have I applied the RepairMacPresentation.exe file correctly?

On 07.01.2018 at 7:00 PM, dbolt said:

I moved the .bak.zip files to the MBA and unzipped them.  Clicking on the new .app files cause a brief flash of a light green screen, as before, and then returned to the desktop.  

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

bak.app is an original presentation (NOT modified).

Your need to copy and run .app folder which should be patched for the correct work on macOS Sierra / High Sierra.

• Igor unpinned this topic