WnSoft Forums

AVI file on my Website ?

danmasse

Hello !

In the first place, I must state that I am amazed... I knew of PTE, and I even purchased the program last year... But then, I had other projects to finish up, and I did not play with it much, at the time.

I just came back, and I am amazed at the possibilites of this software, and I am also amazed at the number of people doing quality work with it ! Congratulations !

I have been making "standard" shows for years : now, a new field is opening up !

My question : I would like to put maybe a couple of very short shows on my website, abstracts of larger shows. An AVI file may be played on line, using for instance RealOne player : I can see the file I created, using RealOne. But of course the file is erased as soon as I hit the finish button...

How could I save the file in AVI format, to put on my site ?

Thanks !

Dan

Dan,

You will need to use another program to convert the Temp AVI file that PTE makes.

to an AVI file that will not delete when you close PTE.

XP comes with "Windows Movie Maker" that you can use to convert the Temp file to

WMV.

Myself, I use Pinnacle when I convert my files. But I mainly use the EXE file because the

Quality is so much better in a smaller file.

cc

Thank you Chuck, for your advice !

I used Windows Movie Maker, and it worked fine ! (This is the first time I play with video...)

The quality does not look too bad. I'll have to compare with the .exe file, but this looks acceptable to me.

I just put it here, along with my site : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/daniel.masse/Clip_..._El_Chalten.wmv

(Yes, I am French... I am sorry : the comments are in French...)

I would be happy to have your comments...

Thanks again !

Dan

I have been making "standard" shows for years : now, a new field is opening up !

Welcome to the forum.

You clearly make great photos and slide shows!

I viewed the avi file on your website. On my cable connection it plays really quite well. The show was not so smooth as a PTE.exe file. (My computer is just 750 mhz.) Can we download your actual .exe file to fully appreciate your fine show?

I have to agree with LumeLux. The slideshow looks good.

But not as good as an EXE file might look.

Windows has a free update for the Windows Movie Maker.

to Windows Movie Maker 2. I am not sure was was changed in it.

But if you keep using it you might look into the update. It's Free.

cc

Good morning !

Thank you very much for your appreciation of my very short clip...

I just uploaded the .exe file here : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/daniel.masse/Clip_...El_Chalten2.exe.

It is much shorter than the .wmv file (about 1/4), and runs much more smoothly : I agree, there is no need to go to .avi files.

Thank you again for your help !

Dan